ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:52 am

Yippee!

Ditto!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:28 am

Well, my schedule is a little off this week, so no speedwork this morning -- once again my warm bed won out over the chilly streets. I think tonight might work (my girls are off visiting this weekend, postponed from Chilly Half weekend).

Scratch that -- I've got someplace I'm supposed to be tonight. Running can wait until morning. :)
Last edited by BaldGuy on Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
BG

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:34 am

Almost slept in but got up. This is a low mileage week because of the LSD distances with a 29km this Sunday. Plan only asked for 2 miles and that's what I gave, 4 loops around the block. It was cold out there and you could feel the snow coming in the air :(

freddybeachpete
Bruce Kidd

Postby freddybeachpete » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:40 am

Rest day today. Yikes - major storm on the way for New Brunswick today/tonight and tomorrow. Right on schedule it seems since we traditionally seem to get one on St Patrick's Day. Likely going to have to delay my LSD (23-miler) from Saturday until Sunday when the streets will be cleared.
2009 Goals:

UNB Indoor Tri (Feb)
Fredericton Race Weekend (May)
"Blind Guys Tri Team" @ Joe's Team Sprint Tri, Muskoka, Ont. (July)
Lobsterman Oly Tri, Freeport ME. (Sept)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:09 am

Yeppers, thank goodness the week is over ... with my pneumonia et al ... my training (err, lack of it) really s*cked :cry: :cry: .... Just down to sniffles and a bit of coughing now, so hope that means that I will be able to run again on the weekend :pray: :pray:

And, yes, for al you Atlantic Maniacs ... hoping that you are spared from the wrath of winter storm brewing your way ... :pray: :pray: Be safe and be happy .... :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:10 am

Ugh... 35k to do before that snow hits.....save me some beer!!!!!

Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:15 am

wow, people doing some big distances today...makes the little 5k i'm supposed to do today sound like a walk in the park. which means, i better get it done! not now though...after work.

tired today...hope that i can drag myself through another day at work :?

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:23 am

12 km tonight to make up for the run I blew off last night (which was meant to make up the run I blew off on Sunday).

I'm bribing myself into it with the promise of watching the Grey's re-run at the gym while I run... I think that should work.

TGIF!!!
Next?
:)

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:50 am

Today is a well-deserved rest day! After dinner out with the girls, I did make it out to swimming last night, for an intense workout, that included a kick time-trial. I'm excited to say that I beat all the guys in my lane! Of course... they were faster than me in the timed swimming part. *sigh*

I'm running the St Patricks Day 5K tomorrow morning - and they're calling for 10cm of snow overnight! This could be in an interesting race...
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:56 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Today is a well-deserved rest day! After dinner out with the girls, I did make it out to swimming last night, for an intense workout, that included a kick time-trial. I'm excited to say that I beat all the guys in my lane! Of course... they were faster than me in the timed swimming part. *sigh*

I'm running the St Patricks Day 5K tomorrow morning - and they're calling for 10cm of snow overnight! This could be in an interesting race...

I'd be more concerned with the 35kph winds/gusts then the 10cm of snow, Jesse ... :shock: :lol: :wink: Most likely the roads of Colonel By will be plowed over ... :P :wink:

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:02 am

HCiD wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:Today is a well-deserved rest day! After dinner out with the girls, I did make it out to swimming last night, for an intense workout, that included a kick time-trial. I'm excited to say that I beat all the guys in my lane! Of course... they were faster than me in the timed swimming part. *sigh*

I'd be more concerned with the 35kph winds/gusts then the 10cm of snow, Jesse ... :shock: :lol: :wink: Most likely the roads of Colonel By will be plowed over ... :P :wink:

Ack! I didn't even notice the wind forecast! I HATED running into all that wind at Rattle Me Bones in the Fall. Forecasts can change in 24 hrs, right?
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:12 am

Hopefully I'll be able to do my 11km tempo before the storm. Too bad it's already Friday, I would need a couple of more days this week to get through all my work.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:19 am

Big soccer game tonight, maybe an easy run this afternoon. I'm still fighting some bug.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Cattitude
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cattitude » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:21 am

Slept in this morning, worked late last night. :evil:

Taking a rest day today, pedicure after work, out for dinner with DH and maybe an exciting trip to the grocery store.

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:26 am

Cattitude wrote:Slept in this morning, worked late last night. :evil:

Taking a rest day today, pedicure after work, out for dinner with DH and maybe an exciting trip to the grocery store.

A new supermarket just opened up near my house.

It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before
it goes on, you hear the sound of distant thunder and the smell of fresh
rain....

When you approach the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and experience
the scent of fresh hay....

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle, and the
air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying....

The veggie department features the smell of fresh buttered corn....

I don't buy toilet paper there any more.

(A joke from my sister - thought it was appropriate!) :wink:
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:39 am

17K on the schedule tonight, then watching your first place Toronto Raptors take on the Houston Rockets.

Didn't sleep very well last night... when I went to pick Lisa up at the Buffalo Airport last night I got my car tossed crossing into the US. I don't know if they were on the lookout for some other white guy in a black compact car, but the border guard was rifling through the trunk and back seat before I had a chance to even realize what was going on. Then she started barking questions at me rapidfire. That'll get your heart rate up pretty quick.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:43 am

dgrant wrote:17K on the schedule tonight, then watching your first place Toronto Raptors take on the Houston Rockets.

Didn't sleep very well last night... when I went to pick Lisa up at the Buffalo Airport last night I got my car tossed crossing into the US. I don't know if they were on the lookout for some other white guy in a black compact car, but the border guard was rifling through the trunk and back seat before I had a chance to even realize what was going on. Then she started barking questions at me rapidfire. That'll get your heart rate up pretty quick.

Aren't you glad that your returned Annie, in one piece, dave ??? :wink: :P

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:49 am

Bonjour, from Montreal!

It's a lovely sunny (but cold) morning here. Bunch of snow forecast for later, so I'm thinking of doing my long run today instead of tomorrow (sorry, Bruyere, Hermes and Sanders :( ). I'll still run tomorrow, but I don't want to have to do 15K in 20cm of snow! :shock:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

DougG
Jerome Drayton

Postby DougG » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:51 am

Dave, maybe they were looking for some RM gear!! :P
It must have been a bit worrisome, having thoe guys toss the car. You have to keep quiet since they have free reign to do what they want to. :shock:

I am so tired, lifted weights last night, gave my knee a rest. For the first time since I resumed running I had some knee pain (same pain that caused me grief last year), so rest and easy running is in order.
Haven't slept well all week, I am so tired.
Last edited by DougG on Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
injured
Snowflake 10k....stopped at 5k
Rest of the year a write off because of injury.
Snowflake 10k Jan 1 done
Run 4 Kids 10k Jan 7 done
Harry's Spring Run Off 8k. April 8 a disaster, but I finished
Centurion 50k at Horseshoe Valley (cycling) done
Centurion 50 miler at Blue Mountain (cycling) done.....barely!
Snowflake 5k, Dec 16 - done
Harry Rosen 8k. April. done
Rotary 5k fun run. May. done
CANI 10k. June. done
Canada Day 10k. July. done
Barrie Waterfront 5k. Aug. done
CANI 10 k. Oct. done
Base Borden Army Run 10k. done

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:59 am

Rest day thankfully. I've got a huge run on the books for tomorrow so I'm taking a serious rest day.

After work (which should be fairly painful due to a scheduling nightmare I created), I'm off to Costco and an outdoor store to shop for a pack. I want something really light for day use so I can trail run AND take a bit of gear....

S5
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:00 am

Rest day today! I love the fact that rest day & Friday show up on the same day! 8)

Finish up the laundry I started last night. Then perhaps a hot tub & steam to get me all unwound from a long week...

Going to do my 12K run on Saturday morning so I can have a few drinks Saturday night and sleep in on Sunday :shifty:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:22 am

La wrote:Bonjour, from Montreal!

It's a lovely sunny (but cold) morning here. Bunch of snow forecast for later, so I'm thinking of doing my long run today instead of tomorrow (sorry, Bruyere, Hermes and Sanders :( ). I'll still run tomorrow, but I don't want to have to do 15K in 20cm of snow! :shock:

I'm cool with that!

Signed,
Heather, so lazy she's pretty much always happily accepting reduced distances
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:23 am

dgrant wrote:17K on the schedule tonight, then watching your first place Toronto Raptors take on the Houston Rockets.

I always get pulled over when there is a female guard.

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:24 am

Plyometrics class this evening. I should be hurtin' tomorrow, as I have missed 3 classes. :shock: (One more reason to be happy about no long run tomorrow.)

Then my niece arrives!! Not sure what we're doing tonight, but tomorrow, we've a big day planned... brunch with Maniacs, shopping, dinner, and a movie. :D (In about 4.5 years, we'll be able to go out for a glass of wine. :) )
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

Return to “General Running Discussion”