Early Thursday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

redhead
Bill Crothers

Postby redhead » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:45 am

Snow-covered patches of ice, fun wow. I think Mother Nature is having a senior moment. It's SPRING mama, SPRING! No worries. I'll just run on my TM today.

I'm thinking of joining Goodlife Fitness (women's only club). I need to be more consistent about strength training (as in, get back to doing some!) I had a membership at Mademoiselle for a few years, but let it drop, telling myself I'd workout at home. That's not working out so well. I need to workout somewhere that does NOT have access to the RM forums. :P

Happy (pre-Easter long weekend) Thursday everyone.
-:¦:-.•:*♥*:•.-:¦:--
"If you can’t fly, run.
If you can’t run, walk.
If you can’t walk, crawl,
but by all means keep moving."
-- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

BKv2
Bill Crothers

Postby BKv2 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:53 am

Darn, can't believe I had to pack the "winter" running gear this morning! When will this STOP!!

30 minutes EZ run planned for lunch time. At least, most of the snow will have melted... I hope!
BKv2
Yes... I am BACK

"I tell ya if you can say you know Brian Doan, you’re pretty much set for anything in this world" - Alex Burnet (on TriRudy)
"You must become the change you want to be" -me (adapted from a Gandhi quote)
"I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside" - U2

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:54 am

A little stiff from the weights yesterday - don't take 2 months off then try to start at the same point

Supposed to run this am, but not motivated and have lots of reasons not to go.... taxes being one of them, a quiz...

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:26 am

DG wrote:Congrats RA, you're MBA is done already? :roll:

She IS just about to be done (next week, to have the work finished, I think), but... having chatted with her a lot, and having done it myself, don't say "already"!! :lol: :lol:

YAY Ang!!
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:29 am

Had a pretty good game of soccer last night. No subs, so I ran a fair bit.

And I've registered my team for the summer league! Yay!

Today, I WAS going to run home from work, but had to wear my heavy coat, so I guess I'll have to run AFTER work. I'm bummed.

It's also toning class night... but my friend can't go. Last week, when the class started, it was just her, me, and the teacher. Then 2 more arrived after about 5 minutes. I'm now afraid to go tonight. I am NOT up for a private toning class!!!! :roll:
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:49 am

My wife is running on the treadmill again! :D

Dannyboy
Tom Longboat

Postby Dannyboy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:51 am

Up early on the Left Coast :D Another day of recovery from surgery for me. I might meet up with the run club for coffee tonight after their work out. Isn't that the best part anyway? :) Triple tall non-fat caramel machiato mmmmm....
Regards Dan
Run the first 10 miles with your head, the next 10 miles with your legs and the last 6 miles with your heart. Anonymous runner RVM 2008

Up next:
The Delta Tri 2010
New York City marathon!!! 2010

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:53 am

Dannyboy wrote:Up early on the Left Coast :D Another day of recovery from surgery for me. I might meet up with the run club for coffee tonight after their work out. Isn't that the best part anyway? :) Triple tall non-fat caramel machiato mmmmm....

Triple!! wow!!

Tonight is......not sure - maybe a run with Sheamus?!

Lunch MnG for sure today though! :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

da
Bill Crothers

Postby da » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 am

7.5k done this morning. It was cold.

4 runs to go!!!! And 11 sleeps!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:58 am

10.5k run commute to work at easy pace. Some social stuff scheduled for this evening. Bring on the weekend. ;)
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:09 am

14km LSD for me. As long as there is no wind, I will be outside. I am awfully tired of LSDs on the treadmill. Happy mock Friday, everyone!

Forgot to add...Jake pulled himself to standing on his own yesterday!
Last edited by IronColl on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:20 am

15.5 km into work today. A little chilly but warmed up right away, and mostly in daylight. Nice way to start the day.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Bebette
Bill Crothers

Postby Bebette » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:01 am

I had to take care of my daughters this morning, so I decided it will be a non-running day. I may go to a pilates class after work. It is one of the rare time I can go to the advanced class with my favourite instructor.

Yesterday's ART appointment went well. I got the green light to return to my regular training schedule as long as I stay away from intervals or sprints. I hip is not completely better but is definitively heading in the right direction.

I am going to the M&G soon, and will finally meet TriJenn.

The Joggler--Hope your back will get better soon.
I run because it's fun.

In another life:
3 marathons including Boston twice (PB: 3:47), 6 halfs (PB: 1:45), 6 10k (PB: 46:41) and 3 5ks (PB: 21:00)

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:13 am

Ran home from work yesterday. Then spent the evening baking treats for my treat day here at work today - blueberry muffins, banana bread with ju-jubes and chocolate/peanut squares....

Today - I'm scheduled to babysit our friend's little girl who is 5 months old - should be fun!

Otherwise, not much else on tap....

VERY HAPPY IT'S THE LAST DAY OF WORK FOR THE WEEKEND!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

The Joggler
Bruce Kidd

Postby The Joggler » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:16 am

Bebette wrote:I had to take care of my daughters this morning, so I decided it will be a non-running day. I may go to a pilates class after work. It is one of the rare time I can go to the advanced class with my favourite instructor.

Yesterday's ART appointment went well. I got the green light to return to my regular training schedule as long as I stay away from intervals or sprints. I hip is not completely better but is definitively heading in the right direction.

I am going to the M&G soon, and will finally meet TriJenn.

The Joggler--Hope your back will get better soon.

Bebette, I'm happy to hear that the ART went well. Healing is a good thing.

I had my physio/chiro appointment this morning and was relieved to get the news that he thinks my neck and back should be healed in time for the marathon. I'm going CRAZY not being able to run or juggle or joggle!

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:22 am

The Joggler wrote:I had my physio/chiro appointment this morning and was relieved to get the news that he thinks my neck and back should be healed in time for the marathon. I'm going CRAZY not being able to run or juggle or joggle!

Did he do anything?

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:43 am

mcshame wrote:My wife is running on the treadmill again! :D

My wife ran on the treadmill too, are you as tired as I am? :D

Core and Strength at lunch and then 800 repeats this evening. Tomorrow is PJ Day :D
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:55 am

strider wrote:

Hmm, don't think so...

She has been showing some interest in running post pregnancy. She's doing 3s and 2s for 30min at around 4.3, but I'm encouraging her. She says she just wants to do it to get her active heart rate down. We'll see, maybe she'll catch he bug...

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:08 am

mcshame wrote:
strider wrote:

Hmm, don't think so...

She has been showing some interest in running post pregnancy. She's doing 3s and 2s for 30min at around 4.3, but I'm encouraging her. She says she just wants to do it to get her active heart rate down. We'll see, maybe she'll catch he bug...

Go Michelle!!! Whatever the motivation... way to go!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:25 am

DG wrote:Congrats RA, you're MBA is done already? :roll:
Not quite yet. Just classes. It's been a long three years! Sort of. One class will be 100% done tonight, and exam left in another on the 14th, and consulting paper and presentation to client still to be done at some unspecified date.

wise bruyere wrote:She IS just about to be done (next week, to have the work finished, I think), but... having chatted with her a lot, and having done it myself, don't say "already"!! Laughing Laughing
Ya, I have a feeling this consulting project editing process is going to DRAG on for a while.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

DougG
Jerome Drayton

Postby DougG » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 am

I've been there and can relate. Good for you RA, the end is in sight. :D
injured
Snowflake 10k....stopped at 5k
Rest of the year a write off because of injury.
Snowflake 10k Jan 1 done
Run 4 Kids 10k Jan 7 done
Harry's Spring Run Off 8k. April 8 a disaster, but I finished
Centurion 50k at Horseshoe Valley (cycling) done
Centurion 50 miler at Blue Mountain (cycling) done.....barely!
Snowflake 5k, Dec 16 - done
Harry Rosen 8k. April. done
Rotary 5k fun run. May. done
CANI 10k. June. done
Canada Day 10k. July. done
Barrie Waterfront 5k. Aug. done
CANI 10 k. Oct. done
Base Borden Army Run 10k. done

Tri_K
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tri_K » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:51 am

IronColl wrote:14km LSD for me. As long as there is no wind, I will be outside. I am awfully tired of LSDs on the treadmill. Happy mock Friday, everyone!

Forgot to add...Jake pulled himself to standing on his own yesterday!

Yay Jake! Time to move all of your valuables to higher ground, and invest in one of those things that goes around your wrist and theirs to stop them from running off at the mall. Of course D hated that wrist thing and just complained until we took it off, once he was free - he took off for the nearest rack of clothes to hide in.

The Joggler
Bruce Kidd

Postby The Joggler » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:02 pm

mcshame wrote:
The Joggler wrote:I had my physio/chiro appointment this morning and was relieved to get the news that he thinks my neck and back should be healed in time for the marathon. I'm going CRAZY not being able to run or juggle or joggle!

Did he do anything?

Yeah, some massage, chiropractic adjustment (first time getting this - it was a bit scary) and assisted stretching.

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:15 pm

Gym time done. 3km warm up (not timed), 1km @ 4:48, then I walked to the treadmill and did an 800m (3:56), then walked back to the track and did 1km cooldown with a quick 200 m at the end.
Totally sloppy run, but it was fun.
Then I putzed around with weights till I was tired and then I came home.

currently wolfing down lunch...

Ang- congrats on being almost done classes!!
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:18 pm

The Joggler wrote:
mcshame wrote:

Did he do anything?

Yeah, some massage, chiropractic adjustment (first time getting this - it was a bit scary) and assisted stretching.

Oh No! He cracked you?

Return to “General Running Discussion”