TGIF Friday....!!!!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:43 am

Set my alarm to allow a sleep in day...I was so tired after going to the Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring live orchestra concert last night. Today is another rest day, and I'll get out there tomorrow.

The show was AWESOME!
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:48 am

Congratulations
... to Dani on the good marks!
... to Dave and Lisa on getting the keys to their new home! This is very exicting.

La, we really enjoyed We Will Rock You when we saw it. What a great show!

I got a massage yesterday that was a bit worse than ART in terms of pain. Some of the stuff he did on my shoulders: :shock: :shock: OUCH! He told me I had a high tolerance to pain, and I told me I was used to getting tortured. haha

All this to say that I may let the effects of the massage sink in today and go for my LSD tomorrow. Or, I may run 5K today and to my LSD on Sunday. We'll see!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 am

TGIF indeed!

I have been sleeping very poorly this week and I just realized why.

I backed off on my training this week as a mini-taper for the Winnipeg Police Services Half on Sunday. I was sleeping so well in the midst of tri training (exhaustion will do that for you), that my body is seriously confused with the reduced training.

I'll be glad to get back to 'normal' next week!

A swim in the 'big' pool (50 m), since the base pool is closed due to a 'fouling' incident :roll:.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Colleen

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:13 am

I have students in a music festival all weekend so got my LSD in today - 18KM! Can't believe how far that is when I figure out a route! :D Still a month to NCM. If I can do 18 now I can do 21 in a month! I am still doing 5:1 and after 14 dropped to 4:2 but I kept running up to the last 1/2 K and walked that one in. Last week I was on empty by 14K so I'm improving!

Cheermidget
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cheermidget » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:17 am

Colleen, I know how you feel--I couldn't sleep 'til 4am last night! :(

Congrats on the great marks, Dani!
Enjoy your new house, Lisa & Dave!

I was supposed to run 8K this morning but I think I'll wait 'til the evening to do it.

Happy Friday, everyone!!!
~Rae

candlerun
Bruce Kidd

Postby candlerun » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:20 am

Congrats Dani on the Stats! You are so better than I - and I am working on my 2nd level now... :(

18k in the books for me this morning also. It is a bit on the cooler side outside but that is going to feel nice during the run. :) I am starting off on the streets here instead of doing the whole thing by trail to switch the scenery up for me. Should be fun. :)
Hypohalf - Check
Sask Half Marathon - PB 2:23:09
Bridge City Boogie 5k - 33:19 and a broken leg...
Mogathon 5k (in wheelchair) - Had a Blast!
Queen City Half Marathon
Nike Womens Half Marathon - in memory of my Grandma, MIL Natalie, my cousin Gary, many others, and most recently my Uncle Allan and my Great Uncle Paul.
Wishes
Edmonton Derby Half - not going to happen due to break
To sign up for a few smaller ones along the way - maybe some late fall small ones

The miracle isn't that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start. ~John Bingham

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:24 am

Yay Dani, Yay Lisa & Dave

Tempo run at lunch, then run home. Missed my morning run into work (just too tired with a little munchkin running around the house into the wee hours).
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:25 am

just for the record - today's date: April 25, 2008
my boot camp class was cancelled this morning because it was too ICEY out.
can you believe it?

anyway, I wasn't too upset as today is supposed to be a rest day in prep for Sun's race - alas, I was ok with crawling back into bed after I checked my instructor's voicemail! :wink:

Last night - got a 40min cycling interval workout - rollers - twas good.

Dani - good job - I know how stressed you were about it! You sound totally like me - I wanted to keep my GPA at a certain level and it drove me nuts when I didn't do as well as I wanted....good for you!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:26 am

Mike Runs wrote: Missed my morning run into work (just too tired with a little munchkin running around the house into the wee hours).

You need to cut back on his *$ intake Mike :lol:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:32 am

and forgot to add - congrats to Lisa and Dave - good luck with everything!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:43 am

CinC wrote:just for the record - today's date: April 25, 2008
my boot camp class was cancelled this morning because it was too ICEY out.
can you believe it?

Wow this is insane!! So, happy to not live there ;-)

Congrats Dani, a B when you tought you were failing is pretty freakin-tastic!

I feel I've missed a lot on here in my last few days off the web!!

Beautiful day here in Montreal, I will go out for 2K, I waited 5h at the clinic yesterday to take X-rays of my foot and learn that there is no stress fracture just really bad PF. The doc who was a runner told me my orhtotics were sh*tt and so hard that my foot had to absorb all the shock instead of the cushioning of the shoe :roll: so yeah, by wearing the orthotic I aggravated my problem. At some point, you just don't know what to do and who to listen to...

So, now I'm on a strict short runs 2-5K for 3 weeks and then building up SLOWLY for the next 3 months... man this is going to be hard...

Have a good one everybody :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:51 am

Thanks for all the WooHoo's everyone. I worked so freakin' hard in stats, it was crazy! The only class that ever had me in tears. There were a couple classes when I DID have pregnancy brain and nothing that came out of the professor's mouth made sense.

I am going to celebrate with a little marathon eating at the Chinese place for lunch. It isn't for me, it's for Little Miss Riley, really. :D We'll see how big I can really get this belly!

I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:47 am

Congratulations to Dani and also to Lisa and Dave!!

Okay- Fourth week of no running. :cry:

It has been replaced with many coughing fits, a trip to Emergency ( 2 hours of steady coughing and having difficulty in breathing one night made me do it!! ) along with two trips to the doctor and prescriptions for antibiotics, codeine laced cough syrup and two different inhalers. Doctor says no running until my next visit on April 30.

Thus the entire month of April is a total loss!!! :evil:

Hopefully, if I get the clearance from my doctor, I can start a 6 wk training regimen for my Anchorage Marathon in May!!! :lol:

Have a good weekend y'all!!!

Ken

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:03 am

When's the Housewarming Party?

Ran 10km at easy pace, 50 minutes in total - lungs are strong, but my calves are still tight. Gonna take some time to lossen everything up after the winter...

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:15 am

Holy hannah Ken... so sorry to read about your illness. :(

Hope you heal up and get back on your feet soon!!
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:30 am

Congrats Dani, * and QC! Very exciting for all of you.

I am 3 hours away from being done with everything at school this semester. I present my "colloquium" of my research in a few hours and apparently using the word Brazil in your title means a lot of random people who would otherwise not attend will be attending (maybe i should just show pictures of the beach for an hour??). Gah, stressed. Send smart vibes to me at 2pm.

Not sure when i will get any exercise in, i am heading out of town for the whole weekend, then i have an extra dog as of sunday for a full week... so, running is taking a back seat to life these days :(

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:53 am

TGIF!!!

Congratulations Dani!!
Lisa & Dave - Enjoy your new home!! :)
Ken - sorry to hear you still aren't doing well, listen to the doctor though and get lots of rest.

Today is normally a rest day but I've been off-schedule all week and I am behind one run. :? Might try and get on the treadmill tonight for 5-6k, if I do that then I'll reward myself by skipping my run tomorrow and going for a ride. It's supposed to be very nice here tomorrow. :D

Just met Neil, the organizer of Chip's Not Dead Yet Memorial Mile ( www.chipsnotdeadyet.com ), I have somehow become the organizer of a corporate team. :shock:

SusanD
Bill Crothers

Postby SusanD » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:40 pm

Yikes, Ken, hurry up & get thyself better!

QC & * ... enjoy! :D

Dani... congrat's!!

Prats... (((smart vibes)))

Weights/core for me today. Slacker around-the-house day. Somehow it's turned into a 4 day wkend around here! Today's a Halton Region PD day, regular wkend, then Mon is a day off for DD's Peel Music festival. Ah, I'm okay with all that. :D

ETA: I'm saving (to savour) the race reports for sometime later this weekend.
Done: Full 2, 30k 2, 25k 1, Half 11, 13k 2, 10k 2, 8k 1, 5k 20 ...
Hmmm... this needs an update!

slow-k
Tom Longboat

Postby slow-k » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:51 pm

Dani wrote:Thanks for all the WooHoo's everyone. I worked so freakin' hard in stats, it was crazy! The only class that ever had me in tears. There were a couple classes when I DID have pregnancy brain and nothing that came out of the professor's mouth made sense.

I am going to celebrate with a little marathon eating at the Chinese place for lunch. It isn't for me, it's for Little Miss Riley, really. :D We'll see how big I can really get this belly!

awww! Such a cute li'l bump! .. gotta love those maternity "buffet" pants :) mmmmm chinese food :) Have an extra spring roll for me :)
Finishing last is better than not finishing is better than not starting any day!

slow-k
Tom Longboat

Postby slow-k » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:57 pm

tortoise wrote:Congratulations to Dani and also to Lisa and Dave!!

Okay- Fourth week of no running. :cry:

It has been replaced with many coughing fits, a trip to Emergency ( 2 hours of steady coughing and having difficulty in breathing one night made me do it!! ) along with two trips to the doctor and prescriptions for antibiotics, codeine laced cough syrup and two different inhalers. Doctor says no running until my next visit on April 30.

Thus the entire month of April is a total loss!!! :evil:

Hopefully, if I get the clearance from my doctor, I can start a 6 wk training regimen for my Anchorage Marathon in May!!! :lol:

Have a good weekend y'all!!!

Ken

mmm codeine...

sorry...

Really, I feel for you.. there is nothing worse than a cough that won't quit.. been there... Hopefully you should get some relief quickly !
Finishing last is better than not finishing is better than not starting any day!

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:12 pm

I went out delivering flyers, call it 1k, then took Moose for 6.5k in the base trails.

Got home to an email from my partner that her flyers are working and she has a client booked for next week. Here's hoping I get the same response from the military community...I'll do a bunch more tomorrow.
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

slow-k
Tom Longboat

Postby slow-k » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 pm

18km bike ride towing kid and 30 mins mixed intervals on treadmill.

Gotta start doing some pushups or something... Dragonboat training starts next weekend.. I am SO unprepared!

:shock:

Would it be a faux pas to wear one of my RM tats to the Dragonboat festival for speed and luck? :think: I'd feel infinitely more confident 8)

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:14 pm

slow-k wrote:18km bike ride towing kid and 30 mins mixed intervals on treadmill.

Gotta start doing some pushups or something... Dragonboat training starts next weekend.. I am SO unprepared!

Would it be a faux pas to wear one of my RM tats to the Dragonboat festival for speed and luck? :think: I'd feel infinitely more confident 8)

nope - not a faux pas at all. the Power of Orange works everywhere. i'll be wearing one when i get my head shaved tomorrow!
2010 - gone viral?
2011 - mitochondrial mystery tour

slow-k
Tom Longboat

Postby slow-k » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:26 pm

seuss wrote:
slow-k wrote:18km bike ride towing kid and 30 mins mixed intervals on treadmill.

nope - not a faux pas at all. the Power of Orange works everywhere. i'll be wearing one when i get my head shaved tomorrow!

I will hoist an orange gatorade in your honor :)

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:28 pm

slow-k wrote:
seuss wrote:

I will hoist an orange gatorade in your honor :)

I'll be wearing my orange tomorrow on my ride. You are one fantastic auntie!!

Return to “General Running Discussion”