Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:49 pm

Is it July yet?
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

wind-hater
Bruce Kidd

Postby wind-hater » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:17 am

LadyJ wrote:Is it July yet?

No but we're rounding the corner today...the days get longer after today! Finally! :roll:
It's never too early to taper or to carbo load !

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:22 am

THE SLIGHTLY LESS INACCURATE (I think) UP-TO-DATE LIST:

Yes (20):
jgore, dgrant, quickchick, griffk, runjanerun, Heath, Cathy, Klewis, Jo-Jo, ChrisL, DeValera, runcherylrun, getfit, wind-hater, lbgradwell, JennyC, cjc, tortoise, ultrarune, phillips12

More Yes than Maybe (9):
Sir Crashalot, SusanD, Jacc, Lean Machine, qmp, d_diamond, lovethehills + 1, LadyJ, hyajil, RA

Maybe [18]:
Irongirl, Enfant Terrible, Georgianna, HCD, LaDeChat, dgrant1, Heather (Ottawa), Robbie-T, Nick, Karen, msdesigner1, Garth, JulyButterfly, prats, FTM, RunDiva , Samantha

No (4):
Dr. J, gypsymom, The Donald, Trixiee

I added myself to the Maybe section. :D I'm leaning towards yes but I have to think about it first. :roll:

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:26 am

I moved myself from "Maybe" to "More Yes than Maybe". Just gotta find a way to fit it in with IM training, that's all.

Yes (20): :D
jgore, dgrant, quickchick, griffk, runjanerun, Heath, Cathy, Klewis, Jo-Jo, ChrisL, DeValera, runcherylrun, getfit, wind-hater, lbgradwell, JennyC, cjc, tortoise, ultrarune, phillips12

More Yes than Maybe (10): :)
Sir Crashalot, SusanD, Jacc, Lean Machine, qmp, d_diamond, lovethehills + 1, LadyJ, hyajil, RA, LaDeChat

Maybe [17]: :?
Irongirl, Enfant Terrible, Georgianna, HCD, dgrant1, Heather (Ottawa), Robbie-T, Nick, Karen, msdesigner1, Garth, JulyButterfly, prats, FTM, RunDiva , Samantha

No (4): :cry:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:14 pm

Somebody has got to correct the spelling of Klewlis's name:!: Its been 27 days! And this thread may be around for a while.

Yes (20): Very Happy
jgore, dgrant, quickchick, griffk, runjanerun, Heath, Cathy, Klewlis, Jo-Jo, ChrisL, DeValera, runcherylrun, getfit, wind-hater, lbgradwell, JennyC, cjc, tortoise, ultrarune, phillips12

More Yes than Maybe (10): Smile
Sir Crashalot, SusanD, Jacc, Lean Machine, qmp, d_diamond, lovethehills + 1, LadyJ, hyajil, RA, LaDeChat

Maybe [17]: Confused
Irongirl, Enfant Terrible, Georgianna, HCD, dgrant1, Heather (Ottawa), Robbie-T, Nick, Karen, msdesigner1, Garth, JulyButterfly, prats, FTM, RunDiva , Samantha, Doonst

No (4): Crying or Very sad

Sheldon.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:22 pm

Doonst wrote:Somebody has got to correct the spelling of Klewlis's name:!: Its been 27 days! And this thread may be around for a while.

THANK YOU. I kept thinking I should do that but didn't get around to it. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Postby hmacdonald » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:28 pm

wind-hater wrote:
LadyJ wrote:Is it July yet?

No but we're rounding the corner today...the days get longer after today! Finally! :roll:

LOL! My BIL used to refer to December 21st as the first day of summer (because the days start to get longer after that!)

Heather

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:45 pm

Yes (20): :D :D :D
jgore, dgrant, quickchick, griffk, runjanerun, Heath, Cathy, Klewlis, Jo-Jo, ChrisL, DeValera, runcherylrun, getfit, wind-hater, lbgradwell, JennyC, cjc, tortoise, ultrarune, phillips12

More Yes than Maybe (14): :D
Sir Crashalot, SusanD, Jacc, Lean Machine, qmp, d_diamond, lovethehills + 1, LadyJ, hyajil, RA, LaDeChat, Irongirl, Caveman Runner

Maybe [16]: :?
Enfant Terrible, Georgianna, HCD, dgrant1, Heather (Ottawa), Robbie-T, Nick, Karen, msdesigner1, Garth, JulyButterfly, prats, FTM, RunDiva , Samantha, Doonst

No (4): :cry:

Like La - as long as it fits into IM training...I'm there. Although, with a party like this.....I don't see why I wouldn't go - just for the fun!! I can run either of the distances...the race itself is just the excuse to be there!!

I moved myself up to the "more yes than maybe"....and added Caveman Runner...and counted - somewhere two people were missing....so, total is 14 for that category!
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:48 pm

irongirl wrote:and counted - somewhere two people were missing....so, total is 14 for that category!
oops! part of that was me...

i didn't even ask, what are the 2 distances? what am i getting myself into? nevermind, i just looked. i can do either distance as well...
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:49 pm

it's a 5k and a 10k - hills and heat :)

oh, and Sheamus is on the list as well.....should I add him?! ;)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:50 pm

Running Angel wrote:
irongirl wrote:and counted - somewhere two people were missing....so, total is 14 for that category!
oops! part of that was me...

i didn't even ask, what are the 2 distances? what am i getting myself into? nevermind, i just looked. i can do either distance as well...

5 and 10 K.

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:56 pm

Which brings up the next question! Will the 5k runners go out first & finish before the 10k runners head out?
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:04 pm

Which brings up the next question! Will the 5k runners go out first & finish before the 10k runners head out?

No, both groups go at the same time. The 5k group turn off earlier than the 10k group. Both group finish at the same place.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:41 pm

ChrisL wrote:

No, both groups go at the same time. The 5k group turn off earlier than the 10k group. Both group finish at the same place.

Hmmm.. this will make the camera work a bit harder. Got to huff & puff past the finish line to grab the camera gear & catch the 10k crowd coming back in.
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:49 pm

Sir Crashalot wrote:Hmmm.. this will make the camera work a bit harder. Got to huff & puff past the finish line to grab the camera gear & catch the 10k crowd coming back in.

This brings up a good point too... If this is likely going to be our biggest club gathering of 2006, we're going to need an army of spouses and kids to play photographers for the day! :D

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:31 pm

dgrant wrote:
Sir Crashalot wrote:Hmmm.. this will make the camera work a bit harder. Got to huff & puff past the finish line to grab the camera gear & catch the 10k crowd coming back in.

This brings up a good point too... If this is likely going to be our biggest club gathering of 2006, we're going to need an army of spouses and kids to play photographers for the day! :D

Actually, plan B is to haul the camera around in hand while running the 5km & do the stop & shoot thing...

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:34 pm

Shhh...don't tell Ron...I've already decided he has got to be there as a photographer...if he thought ScotiaBank Feast was a grand meeting of Maniacs...wow...is he in for a surprise :shock:

La and Irongirl: hey...even if you don't race...you gotta be here as RM Nation Team Support!!

And yes...I think Sheamus deserves to be on the list...I mean this is an RM dog who actually runs training runs...unlike C-Moss :roll:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Wed Dec 21, 2005 6:06 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:And yes...I think Sheamus deserves to be on the list...I mean this is an RM dog who actually runs training runs...unlike C-Moss :roll:

Well! At least I will have the company of another untrained soul out there fuffing & puffing away :lol:

tanjo
Johnny Miles

Postby tanjo » Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:29 pm

Please add me to the maybe list...

SusanD
Bill Crothers

Postby SusanD » Thu Dec 22, 2005 12:01 am

Maybe I should've been more specific in my response ... we'll most likely be present but merely as crowd support. My daughter & I may make a Canada Day weekend of it... but I won't be running. Count me in as a cheerleader/photographer/post race celebratory congratulatory imbiber, should we make it! :D :D Whew, some title to live up to! :wink:
Done: Full 2, 30k 2, 25k 1, Half 11, 13k 2, 10k 2, 8k 1, 5k 20 ...
Hmmm... this needs an update!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:07 am

Great Susan...we'll need lots of cheerleaders!

Sir Crashalot...and just what makes you think Sheamus will not be training for The Wolfe. I have met Sheamus...and he is a very focused doggie...I suspect he will have IronTrainer helping him with his hill and speed workouts come March in preparation for The Wolfe.
:shock: :wink: :D
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:17 am

Jo-Jo wrote:Great Susan...we'll need lots of cheerleaders!

Sir Crashalot...and just what makes you think Sheamus will not be training for The Wolfe. I have met Sheamus...and he is a very focused doggie...I suspect he will have IronTrainer helping him with his hill and speed workouts come March in preparation for The Wolfe.
:shock: :wink: :D

I was referring to your comment about C-Moss :D If he won't train for it & perhaps he is onto something, then neither will I :lol:

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:27 am

From C-Moss:

Crashalot...now...you're my kinda Maniac...I think we'll get along just fine...BTW...do you like eat alot...and are you bringing treats :roll:

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:45 am

dgrant wrote:

Note to self: find a spouse before July to take pictures. Gotta go - must get to work!

Return to “General Running Discussion”