Not Since Moses Promo Video

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Lonerunner
Bill Crothers

Postby Lonerunner » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 am

msdesigner1 wrote:
All Nova Scotia Provincial Parks are alcohol-free from the park opening date to July 1st for the 2008 season. Alcohol-free means no alcohol is permitted in the park.

OK, someone forgot to mention this! Oh well, I'm sure there are pubs nearby.

Sherry, the reason for the alcohol ban is keep the high school grad parties out of the provincial parks. I'm sure if you were discreet there would be no problem.

Sonia, the race does sell out fast but I doubt there would be a problem selling your race bib though I have never had to try. You know you wanna, we could celebrate my birthday a few days early....
-Lisa

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:34 am

Lonerunner wrote:
msdesigner1 wrote:
All Nova Scotia Provincial Parks are alcohol-free from the park opening date to July 1st for the 2008 season. Alcohol-free means no alcohol is permitted in the park.

Sherry, the reason for the alcohol ban is keep the high school grad parties out of the provincial parks. I'm sure if you were discreet there would be no problem.

Sonia, the race does sell out fast but I doubt there would be a problem selling your race bib though I have never had to try. You know you wanna, we could celebrate my birthday a few days early....

Well since RA put in her NSM race report in iRun it will probably run out faster! BTW, you'll love the island we stay on for a few hours with the various buildings on it.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:55 pm

Registered.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Lonerunner
Bill Crothers

Postby Lonerunner » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:58 pm

YAY!!!!! Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!
-Lisa

To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Dr. S wrote:Registered.

Okay...deep breath...

I am not jealous.
I am not jealous.
I am not jealous.

...well maybe just a tad :roll: :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:49 pm

Wow! I've been out of the loop for a few days and come back to this :!: All these Maniacs signed up :D Going to be a blast :D

As for a non-alcoholic weekend :shock: Last year I camped with my kayaking group at the Five Islands Park and I guess we'd have to plead ignorance b'c no one mentioned this rule and we were certainly having a good time :lol: I think lonerunner's right. No one came around checking. Might have been different if we were rowdy. But kayakers are never rowdy :wink:

SO looking forward to meeting you msd and Dr. S :!:
Come on Jo-Jo...ya know ya wanna :D What better way to spend a Sunday...stuck on an island with a bunch of Maniacs :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:52 pm

JacSprat wrote:Wow! I've been out of the loop for a few days and come back to this :!: All these Maniacs signed up :D Going to be a blast :D

As for a non-alcoholic weekend :shock: Last year I camped with my kayaking group at the Five Islands Park and I guess we'd have to plead ignorance b'c no one mentioned this rule and we were certainly having a good time :lol: I think lonerunner's right. No one came around checking. Might have been different if we were rowdy. But kayakers are never rowdy :wink:

Come on Jo-Jo...ya know ya wanna :D What better way to spend a Sunday...stuck on an island with a bunch of Maniacs :D

I'd love too...but my trip to Vancouver is putting a hole in my running budget...yep...I have a budget for running...hey...I'm an accountant :roll: :roll: :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 pm

JacSprat wrote:Wow! I've been out of the loop for a few days and come back to this :!: All these Maniacs signed up :D Going to be a blast :D

It was also AFTER July 1.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:25 pm

Yah, Sonia!!

I think the parks do that here as well. I think you're right that if it is kept low key, it shouldn't be a problem. What's a campfire without a nice cold beer(s)?? :wink:

So, who plans to camp? Kayaking is definitely something I want to do while I'm there. Any suggestions on where to go?

------------------------------------------------

Registered 5 or 10 km
Q
Lonerunner
Running Angel
drghfx
Dr. S
JacSprat
msdesigner1 - 10 km

Thinking About It:
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:57 pm

msdesigner1 wrote:Yah, Sonia!!

I think the parks do that here as well. I think you're right that if it is kept low key, it shouldn't be a problem. What's a campfire without a nice cold beer(s)?? :wink:

So, who plans to camp? Kayaking is definitely something I want to do while I'm there. Any suggestions on where to go?

------------------------------------------------

Registered 5 or 10 km
Q
Lonerunner
Running Angel
drghfx
Dr. S
JacSprat
msdesigner1 - 10 km

Thinking About It:

I was just going to add myself to the list, but I see I am already there! Officially registered now.

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:41 pm

drghfx wrote:
msdesigner1 wrote:Will you be there Denis? It would be nice to meet you.

BTW, I did get that freelance job and the first issue is going to print next week. :D

Yep, I registered today for the 10K!

Great to hear about the freelance job!

I'm looking forward to meeting you too!

I was waiting for some of the experts to weigh in on the Halifax July 1 celebrations. I think they usually have beer tents set up on the waterfront and have fireworks at night. There is also (probably) the HBC Run if you want to do 2 runs in a three day span!

freelance job? :wink:
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 pm

BUMP!

Unfortunately, I will not be coming to Nova Scotia next month. I will have some unexpected expenses so a trip to NS/NFLD is not in the cards for me this year. I can't justify a short trip for a 10 km albeit a very freaking cool race either. :(

Before I speak to the race director, I thought I would ask if anyone is interested in buying my bib. I think all that expressed interest have already registered.

If I can't sell, I will see if I can defer to next year .... the cards might be right then.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:18 pm

So, umm, where and when is this gig ?? :shifty: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:41 pm

msdesigner1 wrote:BUMP!

Unfortunately, I will not be coming to Nova Scotia next month. I will have some unexpected expenses so a trip to NS/NFLD is not in the cards for me this year. I can't justify a short trip for a 10 km albeit a very freaking cool race either. :(

Before I speak to the race director, I thought I would ask if anyone is interested in buying my bib. I think all that expressed interest have already registered.

If I can't sell, I will see if I can defer to next year .... the cards might be right then.
I am sure he'd let you defer. He's a nice guy. Besides, we want you to come next year!

Actually, last year he offered a refund on the entry if you thought you wouldn't make it in the alloted time and changed your mind about running.

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:46 pm

HCmD wrote:So, umm, where and when is this gig ?? :shifty: :wink:

You know you wanna .....
Uta Pippig

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:59 pm

msdesigner1 wrote:
HCmD wrote:So, umm, where and when is this gig ?? :shifty: :wink:

You know you wanna .....

It's a week after the Manitoba 1/2 :cry: :cry: Unfortunately, not this year, as I am already committed for that weekend ... :cry: :cry:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Return to “General Running Discussion”