<Just making it through the day> Monday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

<Just making it through the day> Monday

Postby Dr. S » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:55 am

Leaving for the airport in a few mins. I am going straight to work once in get in Mtl that should be interesting considering I got up at 3h30 local time!

Just wanting this day to be over with (and reunite with the Dude ;-)). Rest day for me, my foot is a little sore from the uneven footing at the race.

Have a good day everyone. :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:04 am

Are Carbon Minoxide detector went off but it was out of batteries luckily. I can't get to sleep again and I am going running at 6 so I might as well stay up. Dunno how much I will do. Might do 10km in the morning, and maybe 5 or 6km later in the day.

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 am

I think I slept off the jet lag! Had a great week away last week, which amazingly included lots of walking and lots of running. Today is all about detoxing... a massage, infrared sauna and a big walk. Back into the real game tomorrow.

Happy Monday!
Next?
:)

cgraham
Bill Crothers

Postby cgraham » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:00 am

Interval workout this morning: 6x1200 @ 5k pace with 600m jog recovery. Pretty good workout - tough for the last one though.
2009 Highlights
Marathon - 2:54:05 (Mar 22 - Tokyo)
Half - 1:20:00 (Apr 26 - Hartwell)
5k - 17:09 (Acura 5k - Jul 19)
800m - 2:16.80 (York U - Jul 28 )
Now - Getting back my running fitness
My training log

Why practice running slow? It comes naturally!

"There are two types of injuries that we older runners get: those that we can run with and those that we can't. And if you're over 30 and don't have one or the other, you aren't training hard enough." - Younger Legs blog

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 am

Not sure what today will bring. I have it off work and wanted to go out on the bike but it's pouring rain and windy (you left just in time Dr. S!). Also I hurt my back a bit twisting in the boat ride back from the Not Since Moses island to take a picture so I'm not running today b'c I know that will just aggrevate it.
A few errands to get done this morning then see what weather the afternoon brings I guess.

Have a good day everyone :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:13 am

It's a dark and wet one out there this morning ... what a difference a weekend makes, eh!!! as, it was hot and humid last week ... :? :?

Not sure what is on the schedule for today? An eas recovery run, ride on the CT or Transformers and popcorn ?? :roll: :wink:

Have a great day everyone ... Only one more day before a long weekend :twisted: :twisted: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:28 am

I'm still not feeling 100%, so not sure what form of exercise (if any) I'll be doing later today.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:34 am

Vacation day for me! :) Going to clean windows! Oh yah! I'm so excited!

Read that one with as much sarcasm as you can muster,,,

Otherwise, it's a rest day...
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:39 am

Feeling like I got run over by a truck. Everything seems to hurt and I'm tired. Will have to deal with it.....
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:40 am

Nick wrote:Feeling like I got run over by a truck. Everything seems to hurt and I'm tired. Will have to deal with it.....

I hear that Guiness heals all pains, physical but, mostly mental ... :twisted: :twisted: :P :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:05 am

Nick wrote:Feeling like I got run over by a truck. Everything seems to hurt and I'm tired. Will have to deal with it.....
Hey, me too! And that headache that started yesterday didn't go away. I'm at work, but I wish I wasn't.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:06 am

I was planning to garden today but Mother Nature disagrees. :?

I guess I will spend some time reorganizing my closet. Denim and fleece to be relegated to the back and business casual to the front. I don't officially start until the 6th but I am going in for introductions tomorrow!

Holly, I saw that you asked about my new job. I am in charge of sales and customer service for The Belton Group. My official title is Chief Passion Officer. My boss gives everyone a Chief of something title. Apparently, he thinks I am passionate.

www.thebeltongroup.ca

I suppose I can consider myself in training again. For the next couple weeks I will concentrate on base building and then hit some specific stuff.
Today I will either run outside in the rain or do some treadmill and weights at the gym.

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:20 am

RA wrote:
Hey, me too! And that headache that started yesterday didn't go away. I'm at work, but I wish I wasn't.

I guess it's spreading! I woke up with a splitting headache and muscle pains all over. It's going to be a rest day after all. :?

Have a good day everyone!
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:30 am

Carrie wrote:
RA wrote:

I guess it's spreading! I woke up with a splitting headache and muscle pains all over. It's going to be a rest day after all. :?

That's how my sickness started last week. Take good care, all you sickies!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:51 am

The title says it all. More mental than physical today though.

Ugh, where did that weekend go? Two weeks til holidays - it's that thought that keeps me sane at this moment.

Happy Monday all.
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

Kelodie
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Kelodie » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:32 am

La wrote:
Carrie wrote:
RA wrote:

That's how my sickness started last week. Take good care, all you sickies!

Yeah me too. I'm just starting to feel a little better. I had no energy for a full week. I'm still coughing a little.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
"Have a little faith in yourself and watch the magic begin" - Ironboy

Plans for 2014:
Run for Women 5K, May 11
Ottawa Race Weekend 10K, May 24

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:43 am

Feel better soon, sickies!

Still tired but feeling great overall. I have an ART appointment this afternoon and then off to finish up a number of errands.

I am looking forward to running in the rain.... if I have any energy left.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 am

Biked to work, then went for a quick outdoor run - 4.78 km in 26:57 (5:38/km).
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:10 am

Dani wrote:Holly, I saw that you asked about my new job. I am in charge of sales and customer service for The Belton Group. My official title is Chief Passion Officer. My boss gives everyone a Chief of something title. Apparently, he thinks I am passionate.

www.thebeltongroup.ca

Sweet! Congrats! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:11 am

No running for me but I will try to get in for ART if it's not too short of notice (otherwise, tomorrow for that).

However, I feel that my injury *may* have turned a corner... too soon to say for sure, but it feels *different* now... and less stiff/sore. I was actually walking normally last night, which is weird. :P
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

tri princess
Bruce Kidd

Postby tri princess » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:29 am

I don't usually post in the daily thread but I feel like today is special. This weekend, I put the last 52K bike ride, 1000m swim and 10K run in the training bank for Great White North! Now, I am going to do very little this week and really let my body re-energize after the training and the bronchitis I've had for a week. What's done is done and we'll see in 6 days how it goes!
Dissatisfaction is a great starting point, for it is right there that we have the most power, strength, and energy to push change through. ~ David DeNotaris

Gourou
Bruce Kidd

Postby Gourou » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:36 am

HCmD wrote:It's a dark and wet one out there this morning ... what a difference a weekend makes, eh!!! as, it was hot and humid last week ... :? :?

Not sure what is on the schedule for today? An eas recovery run, ride on the CT or Transformers and popcorn ?? :roll: :wink:

Have a great day everyone ... Only one more day before a long weekend :twisted: :twisted: :wink:

I say you should see Transformers ROTF. It's excellent!!! Way better than the first one ;)

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:53 am

Had a weekend off... lots of R&R at the trailer, time was spent working on my tan and reading a new book. Pulled a muscle or something in my calf at my PT session on Friday, it was sore all weekend and one of the reasons I decided to make it an R&R weekend.

Did 35 minutes easy on the TM this morning and my calf was fine, it's more sore walking than running. :roll: Hoping to go swimming this afternoon.

Have a great Monday!!!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 am

Recovery run today. Legs are feeling pretty good, slight soreness. I think they're just making sure I'm remembering they took me the 13.1 on Saturday. :wink:
Beautiful sunny day here 8)
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

krazyrunner
Johnny Miles

Postby krazyrunner » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:59 am

As in my journal, first Europe run in the books.

From Ospel here in the south of the Netherlands to Park De Groote Peel for a 2km trail run/walk and back.

10km total.

http://www.nationaal-parkdegrootepeel.nl/

Return to “General Running Discussion”