Tired Tuesday...

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ratherBrunning
Jerome Drayton

Tired Tuesday...

Postby ratherBrunning » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:34 am

Up at 01:30 to discover the DS's bed empty... (Who doesn't believe in Mothers' Intuition?) Summoned him home on his cell only to toss and turn for the next three hours worrying about things that can happen to 17 y/o's out and about without their parents' knowing. :shock:

Tired Tuesday. And a Rest Day. Thanks DS. :?
Louise

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:46 am

I remember those days rB :? Sorry you're sleepy :cry:

Another day off work for me :dance: And the weather is wet :cry: I was supposed to go for a much needed massage this afternoon but my appointment got cancelled b'c the therapist hurt her back :shock:
Didn't get out on my bike yesterday - maybe today if I have time between dropping off the car at the windshield repair place (3 little chips need fixed) and hair appointment at lunch time. After that it's tackling some housework :roll: - hate it :evil:

Have a good day everyone :D
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:24 am

Easy 5km done early this morn'......Canada Day 10km race in the nation's capital up next! Can't wait! :)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:33 am

Weights and cardio tonight unless I can find a trail running partner. There is a bear warning and I don't think my Min Pins would be an effective deterrent.

I get to go in for a half day of training at my new job today! I am super psyched about working for this company. This is likely the BEST place I will ever have worked.

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:26 am

5k this morning in 31min (middle 3k at 5:45-ish pace). Love the new Lulu shorts :) just need to lose the chub rub :oops:

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:39 am

Got the gym thing done this morning & was feeling fast on the wheels too :D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:43 am

Very tired this morning, lots of tossing and turning last night.

Golf after lunch today (inter-section sports), hopefully a swim afterwards and a shift at the RR tonight.

Have a great day everyone,

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 am

Tired Tuesday indeed. Fighting the urge to take a Reactine as something is out today....
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

horselady
Bill Crothers

Re: Tired Tuesday...

Postby horselady » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:52 am

ratherBrunning wrote:Up at 01:30 to discover the DS's bed empty... (Who doesn't believe in Mothers' Intuition?) Summoned him home on his cell only to toss and turn for the next three hours worrying about things that can happen to 17 y/o's out and about without their parents' knowing. :shock:

Oh my Louise..This happened to me last week..more than once.. :evil: DS #1 age 17, bedroom on second floor..ladder outside it...home by 2:30.. :evil:
( too stupid to remove the ladder..stupid or maybe intoxicated?)
I feel your pain... Mine is still grounded....yours?

Me today up since 4:00, decided to get a bunch of work stuff done. Pretty productive actually..just about to go out and tackle some weeds in the garden, a quick 5K run and then back to work.
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:00 am

Ran last night (5K). Sick again today. :( No workouts for me.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 am

horselady wrote:
ratherBrunning wrote:Up at 01:30 to discover the DS's bed empty... (Who doesn't believe in Mothers' Intuition?) Summoned him home on his cell only to toss and turn for the next three hours worrying about things that can happen to 17 y/o's out and about without their parents' knowing. :shock:

Oh my Louise..This happened to me last week..more than once.. :evil: DS #1 age 17, bedroom on second floor..ladder outside it...home by 2:30.. :evil:

Me today up since 4:00, decided to get a bunch of work stuff done. Pretty productive actually..just about to go out and tackle some weeds in the garden, a quick 5K run and then back to work.

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Please tell me that teenage girls don't do these silly things! (or that they're atleast brighter and will hide the ladder!!!!! LOL!)

Tired Tuesday indeed. Today we bring my Mom from hospital to her new residence. She's looking forward to it, as are we. Pretty swanky little spot we found for her too! Wish us luck - we hope she likes it as much as we do.

Oh ya, and, RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY! :wink:
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:13 am

Had a nice 7.5K / ~42 min w/stop-and-go's for traffic lights, run along the canal (a wee bit on the Canal) and across the bridges this morning with Marg ... Thanks again, Marg ... 8)

Long weekend starts this afternoon ... 8) Have a great day, everyone ....
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

treadlightly
Bruce Kidd

Postby treadlightly » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:16 am

a-slow-5 wrote:
horselady wrote:

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Please tell me that teenage girls don't do these silly things! (or that they're atleast brighter and will hide the ladder!!!!! LOL!)

What about a 19 yr old stepson who sneaks a girl home but forgets she left her shoes at the front door for us to discover! :evil:
Green Smoothies Rock!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:17 am

a-slow-5 wrote:Please tell me that teenage girls don't do these silly things! (or that they're atleast brighter and will hide the ladder!!!!! LOL!)

So, umm, you hiding the ladder to prevent the teenage girl from escaping, or from the teenage boy from coming in thru the windows ??? :shock: :lol: :wink:

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:18 am

a-slow-5 wrote:
horselady wrote:

AYE! AYE! AYE!

Tired Tuesday indeed. Today we bring my Mom from hospital to her new residence. She's looking forward to it, as are we. Pretty swanky little spot we found for her too! Wish us luck - we hope she likes it as much as we do.

Oh ya, and, RAIN, RAIN, GO AWAY! :wink:

Yes! Girls are smarter! At least I was, compared to my DSs! :wink:

Been there, Louise and Kathy, done that!! :D
It is not fun!

Either a tempo bike ride with the speedy group, or a tempo run. Depends on the weather. I'm not keen on biking when there are thunderstorms. Plain old rain is OK, lightening is not.
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

klc
Jerome Drayton

Postby klc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:25 am

I have a soon-to-be 16 year old and you guys are scaring me with all these horror stories! :shock: Luckily, I don't think he can sneak out the 19th floor of my condo because the windows only open about an inch. :wink:

Will run today, likely in the rain by the looks of it :cry:

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:32 am

I remember my brother getting caught staying out all night at 17.

Fear not parents! He is now a very respectable, happily married 50 yr old who found his way despite an iffy teenage period.

Oh, and as an aunt of 3 teenage neices - ughhhh - don't get me started!

10K tempo run this morning! Nice of the rain to hold off for me!

Have a good one!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

दिवंगत
Bill Crothers

Postby दिवंगत » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:36 am

17 y/o boys are supposed to stay out late and sneak girls in... :twisted: Ahh, I remember when.... :wink:

16k run tonight, might take a short ride before it, depends on the weather.

FishHog
Bruce Kidd

Postby FishHog » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:39 am

These stories are reminding me of my childhood. Oh my poor mother. If she only knew everything that was going on. I think I only got caught about 3% of the time.

I should probably buy her some flowers just to say sorry for putting her through that, even though it was 20 years ago.

I'm with you Trixie, this weather has made it tough to get evening bike rides in lately. I ran 12k on the TM last night, and really don't want to ride on the trainer tonight. Stupid Thunderstorms.

FishHog
In order to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:40 am

purdy65 wrote:I remember my brother getting caught staying out all night at 17.

Fear not parents! He is now a very respectable, happily married 50 yr old who found his way despite an iffy teenage period.

Oh, and as an aunt of 3 teenage neices - ughhhh - don't get me started!

Now, what was that old sayin' that parents say to their kids ... "When you have your own children, I hope they grow up just like you ..... " :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :wink:

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:02 am

These kids stories are making me laugh! I have 2 teenage nieces... They can most definitely get into trouble.

Home sick today. Fighting this cold/flu that seems to be going around. I have a headache and sore throat.

Not sure what to do about the clinic tonight. The topic is stretching, and then 6k tempo. I'd like to go. Guess I will see how I feel later.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 am

La, sorry you're still not feeling better. :( :( :(
RBR, here's an idea... the one time I pulled that, my mom woke me up at the crack of dark and made me do chores hung over. :shock: Curfew wasn't a big deal in our house AS LONG AS my parents knew where we were, but if they didn't... well... I never did that again.

I'm racing tonight!! I'm racing tonight!! I have major butterflies and I'm scared as he**!! Don't know what I was thinking... I'm a LONG distance person... but I'm just going to have to red-line for as long as I can tonight. We're stopping for ColdStone if I'm happy with my result.
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

klc
Jerome Drayton

Postby klc » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:17 am

Good Luck tonight, Lisa! I hope the weather co-operates for you.

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:28 am

Nancy, so glad to read your Mom is coming home and to new digs!!

Sorry that you are still sick, Lesley. :(

My 4 older brothers wore my parents down so I don't recall ever being grounded. :)

Kick butt tonight Lisa!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm planning on watching the finale to the Sunset Ceremonies tonight IF the rain holds off.

Otherwise, it is a rest day.

Enjoy!
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:30 am

2200m of swimming this morning and a 5km run. My plan had been to bike to the pool, but I realised my lock was at work (after I'd gotten up early and packed up all my stuff!), so that really threw off the start to my day!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”