Sunday Sunday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

pts
Lynn Williams

Sunday Sunday!

Postby pts » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 am

Wow, am I actually starting the daily thread?

Just under 3k run with Hudson this morning, it was cool out but nice for a run!

Now blueberry pancakes in a few hours when my sister comes for breakfast.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:22 am

Been and still ponderng in bed since 6:30am whether to get up and out hte door for an lsd this morning .. :? :roll: :oops: :wink: Then off to another shift at the RR and pizza for supper tonight :drool::drool: :P

Have a great day at Musselman Scrummy, and Best of Luck to everyone else racing today ...
Last edited by HCcD on Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:23 am

Rest day! Well, sort of. I have to pack and move stuff all day, then I have an ultimate game tonight.

My feet hurt from yesterdays run. And I'm sleepy. Maybe I won't get up just yet.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:25 am

HCmD wrote:Been and still ponderng in bed since 6:30am whether to get up and out hte door for an lsd this morning .. :? :roll: :oops: :wink: Then off to another snift at the RR and pizza for supper tonight :drool::drool: :P

Have a great day at Musselman Scrummy, and Best of Luck to everyone else racing today ..

Been kinda doing the same, which is why I haven't contacted you. :shifty:
I think I'll bike later and do a short run instead of a regular lsd.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:29 am

I keep on losing weight, it's so confusing. 3 pounds in one day and my weight never fluctuates more than a pound. Weird..., and I didn't even do to much physical activity yesterday. Anyways, will do 16km LSD and 10km with my mother.

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:32 am

Blanken wrote:I keep on losing weight, it's so confusing. 3 pounds in one day and my weight never fluctuates more than a pound. Weird..., and I didn't even do to much physical activity yesterday. Anyways, will do 16km LSD and 10km with my mother.

Blanken, is there a particular reason why you are weighing yourself? Unless there is a concern (under or overweight) I was always told that as a teenager you shouldn't weigh yourself, since your body can fluctuate with growth spurts and other changes.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:47 am

Sun is shining so glad..enough rain already! Seems this summer is going to be like last summer where haying gets done late. Oh well... :roll: Sipping coffee waiting for DS to get up so I can drive him to work, then 12kLSD. After that going to ride 8)
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:54 am

Good luck to all the racers today!

I'm hurting, my arms are the worse, already started icing that... and my foot. Defnitely a rest day for me!!

Have a good one!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Kristen
Bill Crothers

Postby Kristen » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:57 am

-
Last edited by Kristen on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:15 am

Off for my 29 km LSD in about 40 mins. So glad it rained last night to cool things down! Have a great Sunday maniacs :)
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:26 am

Just got home from a 1:45 long run... was going to go to bodyflow, but popsicles on the patio won out over a superpacked class (release week!). Pink popsicles after a run might be the best thing EVER (ever ever ever).

Yoga for runners and a nice long walk later... have some work to get done first.

Have a great Sunday!
Next?
:)

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:33 am

All you people are making me feel lazy! I just woke up at 9:30 when Dave came back from his race. :oops: Guess I was tired! REST DAY TODAY... yay!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

ratherBrunning
Jerome Drayton

Postby ratherBrunning » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:37 am

HCmD wrote:Been and still ponderng in bed since 6:30am whether to get up and out hte door for an lsd this morning .. :? :roll: :oops: :wink: Then off to another shift at the RR and pizza for supper tonight :drool::drool: :P

Have a great day at Musselman Scrummy, and Best of Luck to everyone else racing today ...

Ummm... I was going to do a shout out for a running partner or two to do 20-25 km LSD next Sunday... Before the big Birthday Bash. :D Early bird special: soft gravel terrain, one big hill, 5:20ish pace. PM me :!: :pray: :wink:

ETA: 60+ km clocked for this week. Back still in recovery, as is knee, but goal mileage is coming into view... :D
Louise

ratherBrunning
Jerome Drayton

Postby ratherBrunning » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:42 am

Blanken wrote:I keep on losing weight, it's so confusing. 3 pounds in one day and my weight never fluctuates more than a pound. Weird..., and I didn't even do to much physical activity yesterday. Anyways, will do 16km LSD and 10km with my mother.

You'll mention this to your Mom... And she will make sure you're getting the hydration you need... :wink:
Louise

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:22 am

Soccer practice this morning. Cycled the 8K there to find only one other player. We kicked the ball around for 30 minutes and then I biked home again. Just in time to see the TDF finish....
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

LisaB
Bill Crothers

Postby LisaB » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:26 am

I think I'll either bike or rollerblade today.... I*'ll see which one someone wants to join me in doing :D
Lisa
2012:
Resolution Run - 5km - done
Hypothermic Half - done
WPS Half Marathon - done
5km & Fargo Marathon - done - done
Air Force 5km - done
Manitoba Half Marathon - done
Try a Trail 6km - done
Lockport Half Marathon - done
Winnipeg 10/10 - 10km
Fire & Paramedic Half Marathon

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:28 am

Cutback week for me - at least for the LSD distance. 27kms last week, only 16 kms today! Yayy!

VeloCarrie
Abby Hoffman

Postby VeloCarrie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:44 am

Long run this afternoon. Just trying to get some energy from caffeine . . . 8)
Running is cheaper than therapy and I need a lot of therapy.

I solemnly swear that I'm up to no good. ~Harry Potter
Get off the friggin' assfalt and run dirt. ~Strider

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:08 am

I just registered for the Waterfront Marathon! I don't know why I did that so early (for me). I am sorta kicking myself, hoping I haven't jinxed anything. Oh well, I guess I'm committed now. Oh... and I really scared myself with the "predicted finishing time" option I picked, mostly because I picked it thinking "it could happen... maybe", not "I'm going to lie and pick this so I get seeded up further". :shock:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:09 am

10km this morning on the windy roads of Montreal.
I have set an all time best for total mielage in 1month & there are still more days left in the month :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:12 am

Sir Crashalot wrote:10km this morning on the windy roads of Montreal.
I have set an all time best for total mielage in 1month & there are still more days left in the month :lol: :lol: :lol:

WTH Crash... are you TRAINING? ;) Good job this month!

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:14 am

QuickChick wrote:I just registered for the Waterfront Marathon! I don't know why I did that so early (for me). I am sorta kicking myself, hoping I haven't jinxed anything. Oh well, I guess I'm committed now. Oh... and I really scared myself with the "predicted finishing time" option I picked, mostly because I picked it thinking "it could happen... maybe", not "I'm going to lie and pick this so I get seeded up further". :shock:

woohoo!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:04 pm

21km lsd this morn' in the nation's capital...was late gettin' out the door and didn't start until 10am.....

Did the 21km in 1:50:16 (5:15/km pace)

5 km splits were:

27:07 (5:25/km)
26:03 (5:12/km)
26:24 (5:16/km)
25:41 (5:08/km)

Then pushed the last km home in 5:01.....a solid, 21km workout on a nice ( but windy) day for running
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:06 pm

tried a short run in the vibrams on grass today... short, slow, and soft. The verdict: I'm not ready yet. :( I'm still favouring badly even though I'm not in a lot of pain... it's just enough pain to tell me that I'm not ready. so frustrating. I'll give it another week and try again...

in the meantime, I'm starting weight training. And going to try to do more on the bike.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:11 pm

5.05 km in 29:17 (5:47/km). Hot one (for Winnipeg) today!
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Return to “General Running Discussion”