For the love of FRIDAY!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

For the love of FRIDAY!

Postby Darth Tater » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:35 am

On my way out the door to run my LSD before work - 26+ km. See ya at my desk by about 8 a.m.! :D
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:03 am

Wow DT! That's one very early morning!!!

Waiting for the sun to come up to get my 10 k out of the way before it gets stinkin' hot today. Where did this week go - it's Friday already???
Next?
:)

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Postby trixiee » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:20 am

TGIF!

Foot is a bit sore from yesterday's 45 min walk, but we also did a lot of walking to/from the concert, and I was in sandals, so who knows?

Chiro today

Man, I wish I knew how to swim. Thinking I should buy myself a little kayak or something to putz around in and at least get an upper body workout happening. We do live next to a Lake, for heaven's sake!

Happy Friday Maniacs! GL on your run Darth!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:32 am

I am supposed to run at lunch but it is going to be 32 here and with the humidex, more like 36. I think I will skip.

Oh, proof that I have the best boss in the world, our afternoon meetings are all on his sail boat on our way to Bare-Assed Beach. We just need to convince him that 12:00 is a better start time than 2:00....

Happy Friday!
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:40 am

1st run last night in 2 weeks! 5km!!!
:D

Going to melt here in Montreal for the next few days....
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:42 am

day 5 of rest for me with my back still acting up. Today was the first morning I got up without pain though there is a bit of pain when I move certain ways. I am definitely improving so I am going to try a run tomorrow. Suppose to be 16K tomorrow but not sure ... time will tell! Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:40 am

trixiee wrote:TGIF! Foot is a bit sore from yesterday's 45 min walk, but we also did a lot of walking to/from the concert, and I was in sandals, so who knows?

Sandals?! We can't wear sandal my sole sister!!! ;-)

DT that'S devotion right there... or insanity :D

Rest day for me and I had the chance to sleep in since I am going to an air sampling station right by my house. 8)

Have a good one TGIF!!!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:46 am

Rest! Tonight may be a little walk to get my race kit.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:55 am

7km this AM, will go for 5-6km later today. teaching swimming lessons at the pool today. Then Tri-county swim meet tomorrow in Dorchester.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:14 am

I'm up early again here (east coast, so not THAT early ;) ), and the hip discomfort that was buggine me since after Wednesday's run is GONE. :) Yay--- so I will do that short run this morning-- off to dad's treadmill.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

garth
Bill Crothers

Postby garth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 am

Think I need new shoes. Both runs in past couple days have been brutal with sore hip flexors.

Deck party tonight so likely no run but will at least walk the 3 k to get there.
Please consider the jobs of those in the forest industry before deciding not to print stuff

msdesigner
Jerome Drayton

Postby msdesigner » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:20 am

I napped for over 3 hours last evening so my 6 km run didn't get done. I may do it this afternoon or take a rest day since I have my first back to back long runs this weekend. I'll see how I feel later.
Running 26.2 miles is not limited by physical capabilities but rather by the mind.
Uta Pippig

Gourou
Bruce Kidd

Postby Gourou » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:30 am

Easy 8K planned for tonight.

I did 2 runs yesterday. 8K in the morning and 14K after supper. I haven't had a chance to run this week, so I had to catch up a bit ;)

DT,
You're crazy man. NO WAY I would do a LSD before going to work, I would sleep at my desk the rest of the day.

Wait a minute..are you working for the goverment? :shock: :D

Have a good one maniacs!

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 am

I didn't have much oomph for my spin class last night. :?

Swimming after work today. No real plan, just getting wet and taking some relaxing strokes.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

eljeffe
Bill Crothers

Postby eljeffe » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 am

I also have about 26k to run, or however far I get in 2 hours. Its my last long run before IMC! :D

3100m swim before work, as well.

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:44 am

Rest day!

1K LSD (Long slow dogwalk) with the pup this morning.

Half a day's work, then we're taking advantage of the nice weather and heading up to the cottage! Monday is a vacation day for me!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 am

A nice hot and humid 10.1K run with Marg this morning along the Canal ... Besides almost slipping and falling into the Canal :shock: :shock: and then spotting about 3-4 humungus Carp in the Canal .. not much happend this morning :eh: :shock: :lol: :wink:

Gotta work a evening shift tonight ... so, may or may not get in a ride before then, later this afternoon ... we'll see ...

TGIF Maniacs .... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:14 am

Jwolf wrote:I'm up early again here (east coast, so not THAT early ;) ), and the hip discomfort that was buggine me since after Wednesday's run is GONE. :) Yay--- so I will do that short run this morning-- off to dad's treadmill.

And the run is done. An easy 5.5K in 36 min. Oh how I wish I had a treadmill at home... I love this.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:17 am

Jwolf wrote:
Jwolf wrote:I'm up early again here (east coast, so not THAT early ;) ), and the hip discomfort that was buggine me since after Wednesday's run is GONE. :) Yay--- so I will do that short run this morning-- off to dad's treadmill.

And the run is done. An easy 5.5K in 36 min. Oh how I wish I had a treadmill at home... I love this.

Just slip the treadmill into your carry-on ?? :shifty::eh::shhh::shhh: :wink:

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:18 am

HCmD wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Just slip in the treadmill into your carry-on ?? :shifty::eh::shhh::shhh: :wink:

Oh, sure. :) "Any oversized baggage?" "Um, no--that's just my purse!" :) :)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:20 am

Jwolf wrote:
HCmD wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

Just slip in the treadmill into your carry-on ?? :shifty::eh::shhh::shhh: :wink:

Oh, sure. :) "Any oversized baggage?" "Um, no--that's just my purse!" :) :)

Someone once said .... "... never, never ever, never ever ask a woman what she has inside her purse .... " :shock: :shock:

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:28 am

What a beautiful morning here! Sun is shining, (the dog next door is barking like crazy on the balcony :roll: ) and I'm finished at 1:00 today!

Heading up to the Pinery Provincial park right after I'm done. Hoping to snag a non-reservable site at the last minute. Hang out on the beach & play in the water today, then Rabid is going to come up when he's done work.

Tomorrow - brick at the Pinery - long swim, ride, run. Then we're going to have some lunch, maybe a hike and then rent kayaks for the afternoon & paddle up & down the river!

Trix - take it easy on that foot girl! As for the kayak/canoe idea for your place, I'm shocked you don't have one! I'd be out there every day I think. :wink:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:40 am

Easy 6km done this morning - now just packing up to head to the cottage!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:45 am

Reporting in from the wet coast. Another grey day with showers on and off today...what happened to all that sunshine???? Woke up at 6am to the garbage truck below the hotel window but, heck, my body thinks it's 9am anyway.
May go down to Granville Island and do some museum stuff today.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

a-slow-5
Jerome Drayton

Postby a-slow-5 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:23 am

Nick wrote:Reporting in from the wet coast. Another grey day with showers on and off today...what happened to all that sunshine???? Woke up at 6am to the garbage truck below the hotel window but, heck, my body thinks it's 9am anyway.
May go down to Granville Island and do some museum stuff today.

Sunshine is in the east now, baby! 30+ all weekend! Feel it HOT, HOT, HOT! (Seriously though, have a great vacation Nick!)

First time back to the class last night in nearly 2 weeks. (how sad is that?!) Great work out!

I need new shoes in the worst way! Biggest dilemna - what came first, the chicken or the egg?
Treat a child as though she already is the person she's capable of becoming. - Haim Ginott
Keep going. Never give up. - Spencer Dolling
Run like hell, feel like hell, look like hell! - Nick
It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you have. - Cheryl Crow

Return to “General Running Discussion”