Tutu Tuesday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:18 am

I ran 17 minutes with the stroller this morning, not a lot, but better than nothing!
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 am

tgilpin wrote:"Sleepless" in Seattle here too! (okay...really Milton!)

Ran 8.33 km hilly run this am....felt awesome!

Let's sent some orange "sleeping" vibes to all Maniacs tonight :wink:

Wow - yeah...judging by all the can't sleep posts I think we need them:
S_L_E_E_P (not now though....later)
Jacqui

------------------------
MyTraining

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 am

My running partner's Grampie died suddenly yesterday.
I will now attempt running unattended for a couple days. :shock:
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:00 am

Dani wrote:I will now attempt running unattended for a couple days. :shock:

You are always welcome to join Marg and I on the Canal in Ottawa in the mornings, Dani .... just sayin' ... :wink:

eta: Thoughts and prayers for your friend and family ... :cry: :cry:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:46 am

10K over and done with this a.m. :D Back and hips still tender, seems this problem has become rather chronic..oh well...advil is my friend. Counting the days til the boys go back to school.
A real pain working out of the house when they are off...driving me batty...
Oh yes and sleeping vibes for all those sleepless maniacs tonite....
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

JacSprat
Bill Crothers

Postby JacSprat » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 am

Dani wrote:My running partner's Grampie died suddenly yesterday.
I will now attempt running unattended for a couple days. :shock:

:( So sorry for your friend.
Jacqui

------------------------

MyTraining

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:49 am

La wrote: Then I'm going CAR SHOPPING!!

Nice! I can't wait to hear what you get!

Dave and I ran 13km this morning at a State Park, and we're leaving shortly to begin our odyssey home. :( The run was mostly nice... I got really freaked out in the woods though, as there were signs that the park was home to mountain lions who were known to "attack without warning". :shock: :? Plus there was this scary creature that looked like a scorpion- I jumped about 5 feet in the air- but it was a crawfish. Once I found out that it was basically like a little lobster, it was OK, but yikes. I am a city girl, no getting around it I guess. :roll:
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:58 am

QuickChick wrote:

Dave and I ran 13km this morning at a State Park, and we're leaving shortly to begin our odyssey home. :( The run was mostly nice... I got really freaked out in the woods though, as there were signs that the park was home to mountain lions who were known to "attack without warning". :shock: :? Plus there was this scary creature that looked like a scorpion- I jumped about 5 feet in the air- but it was a crawfish. Once I found out that it was basically like a little lobster, it was OK, but yikes. I am a city girl, no getting around it I guess. :roll:

yeah and the mountain lion always goes for the smaller person too, so you'd be the target. Dave would get away scot-free. ;)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:14 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
QuickChick wrote:

yeah and the mountain lion always goes for the smaller person too, so you'd be the target. Dave would get away scot-free. ;)

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle - when the sun comes up, you'd better be running. "

:lol:
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
QuickChick wrote:

Not if Lisa can out run Dave. I am putting my money on Dave being mountain lion dinner, RUN LISA RUN (and be sure to trip Dave just to be sure)! :lol:
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

lisaannr
Abby Hoffman

Postby lisaannr » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Add me to the sleepy list... my goal tonight is to get to bed before 11pm. I really need more than 6hrs sleep/night.

I am hoping I can fit my run in sometime today so I can run outside..otherwise it'll be on the treadmill tonight. :? DD has her last swim lesson tonight..yay!
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 pm

Just in from a very tired, slightly sluggish hilly run around Burnaby (to and around Como Lake Park). Just under 9km at a 5:33 pace. I feel like it's been forever since I ran fast! But that's OK for now.

Now, I'm off to take care of some business this afternoon and early evening, and then... tomorrow... someone asked me to go meet the Chief! So, I'm going for a hike tomorrow.

Oh, and get this - my movers just called to check in because they haven't heard from me in a bit and they are scheduling deliveries and wanted to know if I need my stuff soon. They didn't want me to have a bad month-end surprise if I called, say Aug 31 saying I need my stuff Sept 1. For now, they're going to keep it, at a rate of $100/month (prorated if it's less than a month), and I can access my stuff if I need to pick up a few things. If you need good movers: Great Canadian Van Lines.
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

ABXF
Tom Longboat

Postby ABXF » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:46 pm

13k on the treadmill including 12x400 at 10 mph (1:30/400m, 3:44/km, slightly below mile pace) with walk/jog/stretch recoveries over 400. Cadence 92-93 and 91 on the last rep. Fun stuff. Intended towards form improvement and as preparation for longer intervals at that pace. I think I am learning or re-learning things about managing an effective stride.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm

KDG wrote:13k on the treadmill including 12x400 at 10 mph (1:30/400m, 3:44/km, slightly below mile pace) with walk/jog/stretch recoveries over 400. Cadence 92-93 and 91 on the last rep. Fun stuff. Intended towards form improvement and as preparation for longer intervals at that pace. I think I am learning or re-learning things about managing an effective stride.

nice workout!

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:41 pm

bruyère wrote:Just in from a very tired, slightly sluggish hilly run around Burnaby (to and around Como Lake Park). Just under 9km at a 5:33 pace. I feel like it's been forever since I ran fast! But that's OK for now.

Now, I'm off to take care of some business this afternoon and early evening, and then... tomorrow... someone asked me to go meet the Chief! So, I'm going for a hike tomorrow.

Oh, and get this - my movers just called to check in because they haven't heard from me in a bit and they are scheduling deliveries and wanted to know if I need my stuff soon. They didn't want me to have a bad month-end surprise if I called, say Aug 31 saying I need my stuff Sept 1. For now, they're going to keep it, at a rate of $100/month (prorated if it's less than a month), and I can access my stuff if I need to pick up a few things. If you need good movers: Great Canadian Van Lines.

Como Lake??? Where did you run from? My boys run around Como Lake for their cross county and marafun training. Their school is a couple blocks from there.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:42 pm

Hike over at Deep Cove today with the boys. Headed out for a run on the trails after dh gets home from work.
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:36 pm

3km run over to the high school track after dinner........then 6x800m repeats in the 3:13-3:14 range....then 2.5km run home ( took a short cut!)......good, tough workout for me after a very long day.
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Ran another 4k tonight. 2k to the ferry in 10:40 (super fast for me) then a ferry ride to Dartmouth, complete with a play, then 2k home from the ferry in 12:40 (normal speed). So a total of about 10k today.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:47 pm

Nyack, New York:

Self-Transcendence Marathon: Heat, Humidity= I suck!!! :violin: ( Although I finished!!) :dance:

Report to be posted later in the week.

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:12 pm

run4life wrote:Como Lake??? Where did you run from? My boys run around Como Lake for their cross county and marafun training. Their school is a couple blocks from there.

Ran from "home."

Is their school the one on Smith, by any chance? Noticed an elementary school there.
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:22 pm

2.5-mile run (25 minutes) done on the treadmill after work to test out the new trail running shoes. My feet were hot - borderline sweaty. I could feel that I would have gotten a blister on the arch of my foot had I run much longer. I have Superfeet in them now, so I might switch back to the regular insoles to see if that makes a difference. I will definitely put powder on my feet before my long run on Sunday.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:34 pm

Another 15km easy in the book. Great day to run. Nice weather.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

krazyrunner
Johnny Miles

Postby krazyrunner » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Knee feeling better, went out for a nice 10km @ 5:40. Starting to get dark early!

Unrelated annoying thing. We were looking forward to some more garden fresh corn for dinner but last night the deer finally got brave and jumped our garden fence and ate it all!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:01 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote: I'll try and do a little something tonight, maybe a walk or some strength.

Rest-ish day here! 35 minute walk and 40 minutes of yoga at home.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

rockstar79
Bill Crothers

Postby rockstar79 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Strength this morning, spinning tonight, and sleepy time hopefully very very soon. Goodnight moon!
Next?
:)

Return to “General Running Discussion”