Saturday Thread

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Saturday Thread

Postby jacob42.2 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:01 am

Rest for me, still on the injured list. Leg feels a little better, but nowhere near fully healed. I'm hoping it's good by Friday, seeing as I'm heading to Toronto for the weekend. :evil:
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:09 am

Rest day for me...doing some housework, taking doggie for her Saturday playdate with Sailor and Rodin...she's been away so much she hasn't see her two buddies in a month...

Wow...the summer has flown by!

C-Moss: Jacob.. I am sorry to hear about your sore paw...have you tried licking it...I always find that makes me feel better.... :roll: :lol:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:16 am

Attending a birthday party for a friend who turns the big 40 at a downtown restauraunt tonight(it's a surprise). Won't run today as did some work at the track last night and have a long run to prepare for Sunday (32k's). It's nice to see the cooler mornings here after being so hot this summer. Jacob, how are you managing with your down time ?

Paul

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:10 am

paulg wrote:Attending a birthday party for a friend who turns the big 40 at a downtown restauraunt tonight(it's a surprise).

Paul

Man, don't do that, a surprise party on the 40, ugh, hand me the "in case of captured by the enemy" chewable poison tablets. (I like both the grape and lime flavours) Depressing

More depressing, treadmill day for me. Rain, rain, go away..
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

paulg
Tom Longboat

Postby paulg » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:28 am

Ha! Ha!

Yea, I guess we're rubbing it in a little but hey, if he was a runner, just look at it as going up an age group.

Paul

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:46 am

Easy short run for me this morning... it's beautiful here. Getting ready to go soon.
Have a good one, everybody!
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:35 am

Hello from sunny Salt Lake City, UT!
Running is a bit tougher due to elevation change but so far, I have managed 3 & 5km on different days. I found a local gym nearby & got in a much needed workout last night & will do so again tonight.
Can't wait to get home!
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Sat Aug 13, 2005 10:43 am

Today is a rest day on my first week of intervals doing Couch to 5K training... we planned to run today or tomorrow depending on weather, this will be day three of week 1.. I'm dieing to run (hope I continue to feel that way)! DH and I are going out looking at runners, it's been years since I bought myself a decent pair of runners - the ones I have will do for the interim, but I really need some light weight cushiony ones!
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Aug 13, 2005 11:55 am

Hey everyone!
Well today was one of those days when I was grateful to have friends to run with. After going to bed at 1, waking up at 2am boiling hot, and then at 5am freezing cold because I'd turned on the a/c, I was NOT feeling like running at 8! But, of course, by the end I felt awake (it only took 2 hours to get there!) and I got my 20K outta the way. Now I have to go out and run errands for the bachelorette I'm throwing for my girlfriend next Friday (Jacob- if you see 8 shreiking girls hanging out of a limo downtown with devil horns on next week, that's us!).
Have a good one everybody!
Lisa :)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

MrBond
Bill Crothers

Postby MrBond » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:48 pm

15 Kms this morning in the smog, heat and humidity.
Tomorow is cheerleading at Coburg Tri for two of my best friends who are making first attempts over to the Dark Side.
"You're in over your head Donny..."

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:06 pm

[quote="QuickChick"] (Jacob- if you see 8 shreiking girls hanging out of a limo downtown with devil horns on next week, that's us!).
quote]

haha :lol: :P
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:46 pm

Today- recovery day from the Bachlorette- SLEEP, followed by SLEEP, and maybe some SLEEP as well.

Add to that hydrating for tommorows 10k race, and that is about it!

Oh, and veggie lasagna for dinner

Erin :D

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:54 pm

Rest day after hard run yesterday...and LSD tomorrow!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:58 pm

55k / 2hr13m ride with Ladechat the cycling machine. ;) I only did one loop since I've been slacking lately, left the others to go on another loop.

Then I went to a roadside veggie stand and picked up a a dozen corn on-the-cob. mmmm fresh corn. :D
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:23 pm

I had 16 miles on the schedule but then I worked overnight last night and got two hours of sleep today, so it's a rest day! :) I will have to try to do the 16 tomorrow... yikes.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:53 pm

another rest day for me today. still want to give my foot a bit of rest and the tattoo time to heal. aiming for monday for the next run. and it'll be the first week of my new training schedule! hear that, i am actually going to schedule runs instead of just going when i want! nothing but homework for me tonight. boring. but i have a 25 page paper due thursday and i have yet to decide what it's on....

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:49 pm

Well I was picking out a DVD to watch while on the treadmill and I noticed it wasn't raining anymore. In fact the pavement was dry. Rush to grab my gear off I go for 10K. So I get to the turn around and say to myself, jeez havent been to the commons since Canada Day, so up I go Quinpool, do a lap of the commons like it was nothing. Turned it into a great 16k run. I love that when it happens, I guess I am recovered maybe.

Have a good Sunday everybody :)
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

Dani
Jerome Drayton

Postby Dani » Sat Aug 13, 2005 6:57 pm

4k easy run today. Thank God it was only 4! I did 12k on Thursday and biked for 2 hours Friday (was supposed to be a rest day). Today my legs are a little sore. First time in a long time that the sound of me going down stairs is "ow ow ow ow"!
Better get me some tylenol, I have to do 14k tomorrow.
Oh ya, and I am stuck at work from 7:45 pm to 4:30 am! *sigh* :shock:
I used to run. All the time.
Now? Notsomuch.
I'm still a runner, though.
Life is fluid and ever changing. I am too.

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:10 pm

little mini tempo 5k today, up to race pace and then slow back down, I'm feeling pretty good, had to hold back a bit. I feel ready for tomorrow's 10k race.

I'm going to run like I hate the ground...... just rip it up.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:18 pm

Rest day for me today, charging up for tomorrow's LSD. Will be doing loops around the 10K course for the NAVY 10K I will be running next sunday in order to get familliar with the course.

Have an awsome day!!

STephan

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:40 pm

My foot was better today, I could even walk on it. Cycled for an hour around the area. I didn't put on my cycling shorts though and I was a little sore in the wrong places afterwards.

We won 7-2 last night even though we had one guy sent off at the end of the first half. It's tough to watch from the sidelines....

The English Premier League started today. 3 games on Sportsnet and 1 more tomorrow on The Score. Finally something good to watch on TV.

clocker
Bill Crothers

Another down day

Postby clocker » Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:46 am

I was as miserable as all get all yesterday, but I'm better today. I should not have run my scheduled four miles on Thursday after my intervals on Wednesday. I'm just not strong enough.

I ran Thursday's four because I didn't think I would get sick and I didn't, but whoa dear Liza I was one cranky bear. I get snotty when I'm over doing it physically. I needed to know where the line is and now I know. Not that I won't have to learn it again though! I'm still married and most people have forgiven me my sins. :P

Calves showed up tight after 15:00 this afternoon from Thursday's strength. What's up with that? Might be coming down with something yet if I don't get to bed!
Cheers! Ian
Hostility is a psychic boomerang

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:12 pm

BJH wrote:55k / 2hr13m ride with Ladechat the cycling machine. ;) I only did one loop since I've been slacking lately, left the others to go on another loop.

We only did another 40K after we left you.

BJH wrote:Then I went to a roadside veggie stand and picked up a a dozen corn on-the-cob. mmmm fresh corn. :D

Hey, me too! The one on 19th? They were yummmmmmy! :D

I did 94K yesterday in total. Felt pretty good, especially those long, slightly downhill sections where I could drop the hammer. 8)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “General Running Discussion”