Boston Marathon who is running 2011?

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Boston Marathon who is running 2011?

Postby HCcD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:33 pm

I can't even fathom your obsession about a marathon race jacket ... geessh, it's only a marathon, Maniacs ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 pm

HCmD wrote:I can't even fathom your obsession about a marathon race jacket ... geessh, it's only a marathon, Maniacs ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:

Andy, it IS an obsession! I hung a picture of the jacket on my fridge when trying to qualify. I do not even know a lot about the actual race itself, nor do I really tell a lot of people I am running it. (just asked last weekend what my next race is while out for a 32k run...I said Around the Bay! technically it is) But the jacket....CAN NOT WAIT!!!
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Lightning wrote:
HCmD wrote:I can't even fathom your obsession about a marathon race jacket ... geessh, it's only a marathon, Maniacs ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:

Andy, it IS an obsession! I hung a picture of the jacket on my fridge when trying to qualify. I do not even know a lot about the actual race itself, nor do I really tell a lot of people I am running it. (just asked last weekend what my next race is while out for a 32k run...I said Around the Bay! technically it is) But the jacket....CAN NOT WAIT!!!

You'd never see me in a Boston Marathon Jacket ... :snooty: :snooty: ... 'cause I would have to qualify for it first ... :shock: :shifty: :? :lol: :wink: :oops: :oops:

alexk
Bill Crothers

Postby alexk » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Jo Jo, is your jacket black with red? Mine isn't roomy at all. Maybe I got a kid's size?! (lol). When I bought it, it was the only xsmall there and there was another woman with her eye on it...I should have left it. My 9 year old daughter - who's very tiny - wears it.
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:36 pm

Jwolf wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
Jwolf wrote:They seemed to have plenty of all the sizes. My friend tried a bunch. Unfortunately the size was the least of his problems.... :(

What did he do with his jacket...does he wear it?

My friend had health issues in the marathon and had to drop out. But he had already bought the jacket. He doesn't wear it but he still has it. He could have easily sold it on Craigslist or something if he wanted to, but he still has it.

He's saving it until he can go back to run Boston and redeem his DNF-- at that point he figures he'll wear his first jacket and have a good story to tell. :)

I didn't realize he'd had health issues...I thought he had DNF'd because the race wasn't going as he had planned.
My race sure didn't go as planned (that's what running when you have probably no business being on the course will do :lol: :lol: ) but I'm happy I got to the finish line.

I sure hope he does get back to Boston...and yep...he will have a good story to tell! :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:38 pm

alexk wrote:Jo Jo, is your jacket black with red? Mine isn't roomy at all. Maybe I got a kid's size?! (lol). When I bought it, it was the only xsmall there and there was another woman with her eye on it...I should have left it. My 9 year old daughter - who's very tiny - wears it.

Nope...my jacket is blue and black...and it really does look like a Rock Star jacket...all shiney. Not a running jacket for sure!
I think there is a pic somewhere of me, Robbie-T and Doonst with our jackets on RM. Don't ask me where...or how to post it :roll: :roll:
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:I didn't realize he'd had health issues...I thought he had DNF'd because the race wasn't going as he had planned.

Well, he didn't make an actual "logical" decision to drop out. His body shut down on him and he never quite figured out why. He went off the course at about 15 miles and was then led to medical in a less-than-fully-cogent state-- stayed there for about two hours before they finally let him go....

He would have finished if he could have, if only for that jacket. ;)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:47 pm

Jwolf wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:I didn't realize he'd had health issues...I thought he had DNF'd because the race wasn't going as he had planned.

No, no-- He didn't make a conscious decision to drop out. His body shut down on him and he never quite figured out why. He went off the course at about 15 miles and was then led to medical in a less-than-fully-cogent state-- stayed there for about two hours before they finally let him go....

WOW...I didn't realize that. That must have been awful...and scarey!!

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:08 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

No, no-- He didn't make a conscious decision to drop out. His body shut down on him and he never quite figured out why. He went off the course at about 15 miles and was then led to medical in a less-than-fully-cogent state-- stayed there for about two hours before they finally let him go....

WOW...I didn't realize that. That must have been awful...and scarey!!

Not the way he wanted to end his Boston Marathon experience, no. But he'll be back. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

deerdree wrote:
Lightning wrote:pts, I KNOW!!! I can not imagine when I will be able to race this one again so I want to buy everything. Won't I look cool in 2026 with my 2011 jacket.

ahem. i seem to remember a certain someone telling me that boston jackets should have an expiry date. want to tell me your timeline now so i can remind you before 2026? :lol:

I think I am a running snob! Where do I come up with these crazy "rules"???? I can wear it until I qualify again!!!

Just read a course description on Runners World about Boston. Sounds very tough!!! Something, in the words of Robbie Heart (Wedding Singer), I should have FOUND OUT YESTERDAY!!!! Hehe. That'll teach me for not researching it. Lots of training time left though...

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:I think there is a pic somewhere of me, Robbie-T and Doonst with our jackets on RM. Don't ask me where...or how to post it :roll: :roll:

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

that's the picture Lightning had on her fridge, but she photoshopped her face onto Jo-Jo's body. :lol: :lol:

just kidding.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:36 pm

RayMan wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:I think there is a pic somewhere of me, Robbie-T and Doonst with our jackets on RM. Don't ask me where...or how to post it :roll: :roll:

Thanks Ray!! I love this pic...mind you every time I see it I go..."WTF...I'm so short.." :lol: :lol: :cry:

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:19 pm

Loud and proud for sure! A friend of mine calls it her Nascar jacket. I'll settle for rock star. When are we getting the band back together and going on the road?
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robbie-T » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:Thanks Ray!! I love this pic...mind you every time I see it I go..."WTF...I'm so short.." :lol: :lol: :cry:

I still very afraid!

Doonst wrote:When are we getting the band back together and going on the road?

Yeah we had good times in our younger days.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 am

Hey! No idea how I missed this thread, but HELLZ YA, Heather and I will be there....race#2 in 24hrs.

LA....unfortunately we wont be able to drop in to see you...maybe cheering on the course?

We come in from Heathrow around 9pm on Sunday....do we have any volunteers to shop the Expo for us? Jackets of course....

Bman
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:37 pm

Ok, let's make an official list! Just going off my memory so don't be mad if I forgot you! Add your name below...

Running the Marathon

Joggler
Running Wild
alexk
Mr. CinC
RayMan
Lightning
BMan
Stella
SteveF

deerdree
La (in a shallonge with CinC)
CinC

Cheering

-Ron Burgandy

Killerz
Tom Longboat

Postby Killerz » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:39 pm

Running the Marathon

Joggler
Running Wild
alexk
Mr. CinC
RayMan
Lightning
BMan
Stella
SteveF
Killerz

deerdree
CinC

Cheering

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Running the Marathon

Joggler
Running Wild
alexk
Mr. CinC
RayMan
Lightning
BMan
Stella
SteveF
Killerz

deerdree
CinC

Cheering

Working at the Expo
La - Scotia Waterfront Marathon Booth. Drop by and say Hi. (splitting duties with my friend Rhea, so if I'm not there when you come by she'll be able to let you know when I'll be there)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

alexk
Bill Crothers

Postby alexk » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:20 pm

La - how exciting, working at the expo. I'll stop by for sure and come back if you're not there!

It''s a bit early to start planning but it'd be nice to meet some Maniacs. Maybe we could pick a spot to meet in Hopkington or something before or after the race. I'm travelling with some friends but will have time to spare.
We train more joyfully and productively when we focus on the now, rather than on our future race day performance. It's a long road from here to there with many miles to go. We need to run each one. Accept where you are today and simply be thankful for the work you've accomplished. KA

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:50 pm

HCcD wrote:Adidas Screws Up the 2011 Boston Marathon Jackets
http://mainerunner.blogspot.com/2011/03/adidas-screws-up-2011-boston-marathon.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The whole Boston thing is getting cheaper but costing more (imo). I like elegance and style for the cost of such an adventure.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:12 pm

I still wear my Boston 2006 jacket out and about with pride....pretty sure I'm gonna be buried in it ;) (didn't buy a jacket in 2007)....The finish line of Boston in '06 was where I met Buns for the first time....saw this guy in a RM orange shirt and went over to chat and compare race stories....ah, the memories! :)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Run26.2 wrote:I still wear my Boston 2006 jacket out and about with pride....pretty sure I'm gonna be buried in it ;) (didn't buy a jacket in 2007)....The finish line of Boston in '06 was where I met Buns for the first time....saw this guy in a RM orange shirt and went over to chat and compare race stories....ah, the memories! :)

I too wear my 08 jacket with pride. I mainly wear it when I'm travelling...it's a great way to meet people. So yep...I'll be wearing it to the Van Hoopla this year :D :D

I'm glad I got the Rock Star version in 08 :lol: :lol: :wink:

I would be very sad to have a Boston jacket where the logo faded and washed out :( :(

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
Run26.2 wrote:I still wear my Boston 2006 jacket out and about with pride....pretty sure I'm gonna be buried in it ;) (didn't buy a jacket in 2007)....The finish line of Boston in '06 was where I met Buns for the first time....saw this guy in a RM orange shirt and went over to chat and compare race stories....ah, the memories! :)

I too wear my 08 jacket with pride. I mainly wear it when I'm travelling...it's a great way to meet people. So yep...I'll be wearing it to the Van Hoopla this year :D :D

I'm glad I got the Rock Star version in 08 :lol: :lol: :wink:

I would be very sad to have a Boston jacket where the logo faded and washed out :( :(

Me too Jo-Jo...I love my Rock Star one...and I wear it travelling as well. Inevitably someone comes up to say hi and we swap Boston stories...
BTW...this is my fave maniac shot from Boston 08
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

Return to “General Running Discussion”