Boston Marathon qualifying articles

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Boston Marathon qualifying articles

Postby Jwolf » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:46 am

Joe Dwarf wrote:
Irongirl wrote:I realized that it's actually quite simple.

They will just list everyone and their "beat the qualifying time by" amount in order ...and then draw the line after X people....
Does it actually say that anywhere? Maybe they want to have a certain set of demographics.

They already get the demographic distribution from the qualifying times themselves. It seems to make the most sense that they would do the cut-off the way Irongirl says, or something similar. Although they really can do whatever they want. I wish they'd use this tier to first admit people that were shut out from 2011 but thought they had a qualifying time for 2012, like Lorne and Cheryl.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Re: Boston Marathon qualifying articles

Postby Run26.2 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:28 am

Irongirl wrote:
Additionally, to recognize and to encourage longtime Boston Marathon entrants, the B.A.A. will allow those who have met the qualifying times and who have finished the last ten consecutive Boston Marathons to enter anytime during the registration period. Currently, there are approximately 500 runners who have run 10 or more consecutive Boston Marathons.

I know someone that has run 10 consecutive Bostons! How cool is that?!

After 10 consecutive Ottawa marathons you'd think I'd qualify for preferred parking in downtown Ottawa on race morning.. ;)
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

Return to “General Running Discussion”