Christmas Eve Friday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Marg
Site Admin

Christmas Eve Friday

Postby Marg » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:58 am

Wow, Santa is loading the sleigh or likely already en route.
Have a great day all! Good luck in your travels, enjoy your time with family and Merry Christmas.
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Re: Christmas Eve Friday

Postby Dr. S » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:04 am

hahaha we posted at the same time Marg! I'll go delete my thread right now!

You know you feel on vacation when you have to check on the calendar and make sure you get the day right :D

I'm also up super early for no reason which sucks since tonight will be partying at my parents... oh well, I can take a nap later on.

We're going to run 6 miles to outweight the calories intake from tonight!

Merry Christmas - Joyeux Noël!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:18 am

Been waking up around 3:00am for the past few days :help: :help: Go Figure !!! Perhaps, my body is already starting to adjust to Goofy Time ... :shock: :lol: :wink:

Ended up driving to work this morning and it's so quiet here at 6:00am, especially on Christmas Eve day at the office ... I don't plan to be sticking around here before noon :shifty: and, with OC Transpo already cutting back service this week for the Christmas / New Year's Break, did not want to be spending loads of time waiting for a bus, especially when a lot of other people will likely have the same idea and leave early this morning after the Morning Christmas yada yada yada's are over with ...

Now, I'm hungry ... must find food, must find food ...

Oh yeah, planning to run later on this afternoon with Beth, around 20K or so in the schedule if all goes forward ...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE, Day, Everyone ... :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:05 am

We're doing our second annual family christmas eve ski and snowshoe excursion this afternoon! My mother and sister and threatening to skip straight to the hot chocolate, so I will whip them into shape!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:06 am

Happy Christmas eve! Wow, I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. Everything for us is done, thank goodness, except for the actual cooking.

Rest day for me today, but legs are feeling tight.....I think I'll go walk for an hour on the treadmill after breakfast and try to flush out some of the lactate and loosen things up. Plus I can burn some more calories in preparation for pigging out tonight!

Funny anecdote - my middle kid this morning, when he got up, said "Yay! I get to eat pie tonight!" He was more excited about getting pie than getting a visit from Santa!!
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:10 am

Rest day for me, too. I've been awake since 5 when the wind woke me. 5 seems to be my new time to get up - woke up around then every day this week.

I hope Santa's sleigh manages wind well.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:26 am

Off for a feast at my Mom's later today...hope to get a spin in before I go.
Wishing everyone safe travels and a Merry Christmas
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:30 am

Merry Christmas All!!!
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:32 am

Up early and went for a Christmas Eve Sunrise Run. One of my student's mother's made me a running diary for a Christmas present. It has one page for every week of the year (all dated with entry spots for each day) with 2 - 3 motivational and/or running encouragements on each page. It starts on Sunday Dec. 26 with this saying "I always loved running. It was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, as fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."

So I got up this morning and decided I'd better smarten up and run! Went real short. Felt good so added an extra KM :D

Work crew now in to work on renovating my basement. Strange how firing them brought in a team of SIX people to work like beavers on Christmas eve ...

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:53 am

10k this morning, a little tired but it went ok. I think my house is getting the plague though :( , runny noses, pink eye, sore throats and the babysitter's daughter ended up at the hospital last night with pneumonia. Blahh!

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:01 am

Exhausting 1K dog walk this morning! :lol: :lol:

Half day work, then off to my sister's house for our traditional Christmas eve Chinese. Staying over this year too, so maybe an extra glass of wine! :D

Tomorrow headed to the inlaws after brunch. Busy day! The dog will be in full anxiety mode :? Poor thing.

Merry Christmas!

Lisa
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Run26.2
Jerome Drayton

Postby Run26.2 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:57 am

An easy Christmas Eve morn' 10km done....beautiful, crisp day out with bare sidewalks to boot...although my girls don't believe in the big fella anymore, they're still tracking his journey on the NORAD site...he's hittin' Russia at the moment....safe travels to him and to all of you.....Merry Christmas everyone!
"...twenty miles of hope, six miles of truth..."
21 marathons since 2001......up next, CND Army half-marathon in Sept. and Toronto Waterfront marathon in Oct.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Christmas Eve Friday

Postby QuickChick » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:08 am

Felis navidad! I'm hanging by the pool as has been my routine all week. I love being able to surf/chat by the pool as well- I don't know what I did before I got my iPhone!! I have run every day here except today. I'm going horseback riding later and we will do a family viewing of A Christmas Story tonight. I'm having a great time but I'm also looking forward to coming home tomorrow. Have a great Christmas and I hope Santa is good to you all!!!
Btw ceileigh, what a great present. Very sweet!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:38 am

Brisk 5.6km walk in an hour on the TM done. Took all the discipline I had to keep walking and not run! Did a variety of incline levels to work the glutes and hamstrings.

Pushups, front planks, side planks, supermans, and stretching done.

Giant score - just got two pairs of my Asics 1150's on clearance off the RR website for only $60 each! WOW!!! :dance:
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:40 am

Merry Christmas, hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday. No running for me today. Did 5 miles on treadmill last night at varying inclines :). Hoping to squeeze in 10 miles on Christmas after everyone leaves.

ROW
Bill Crothers

Postby ROW » Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:50 am

4000 meters in the pool this morning. 45 minute run tonight.

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:02 am

Shopping and wrapping done. Moved tomorrows run to today. 10k MP run done 40:42 on the TM. Only one run left this week, and I haven't run outside yet! Only thing left to do is take the boy for a haircut - he's looking a little Bieberish! Can't have that! :shock:
Merry Christmas everyone!

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:03 am

Tori - hope that you guys are feeling better soon!

ceileigh - love that present too!

me - I actually did a workout back in Canada! wu-whoo! Dave and I met at the pool after work yesterday and did a stellar 1000m. whew. but it did feel good to get back!

then, other success- bike has been unpacked and rebuilt - looks fine - just need to pump up the tires and Maggie is good to go! Will do some spinning over the holidays.

Then I was supposed to meet some friends this morning for a run at 7am before coming into the office. I woke up at 7:10am. The alarm was set for 6:10pm (not am) and given how the jetlag has kicked in, I knew they'd understand! So I'll go for a short run when i get home this afternoon.

Happy ho-ho everyone!
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Sandra
Bill Crothers

Postby Sandra » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:05 am

Another easy run on the tm this morning - around 7.5km. Trying to finish this year with 2000km - about 65 to go. I better get a move on!

Merry Christmas to all!!!!1
Sandra
"Appreciate what you got and chill when things seem overwhelming."

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:23 am

Good morning and Merry Christmas. :)

I haven't run since Monday (oops) and won't today because I'm heading to work shortly. Will try to tomorrow before I head to my sister's.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 am

Making the turkey stuffing then cleaning the house, then 1 hr spin workout then movie
IMC 2015

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:04 pm

18 kms at 5:32 per km - felt easy and smooth. Now I can spend Sunday travelling without missing a big run.

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Postby runJrun » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:52 pm

Leaving work at 11:30 - rush home to take dogs for a 4km run, then home, shower, dust and out the door for 2:00 to go to Christmas dinner #1. Going to go for a longer run tomorrow before the big dinner :) Merry Christmas maniacs!

Jocelyn
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Edward
Tom Longboat

Postby Edward » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Got my long run in today so that I can drink and eat all weekend. :D

32 k this morning in the slushy snow in London. Merry Xmas to everyone.
Edward

January 2012- New Year`s Day Marathon and Run4Rkids 6 Hour Ultra
February 2012 - Melbourne Beach Marathon
March 2012 - Around the Bay
April 2012 - Paris to Ancaster Cycling Race and the "No Wimp" Challenge 21k and 50 k in Michigan
May 2012 - Sulphur Springs 50 k
June 2012 - Niagara 100 k -first ever DNF
July 2012 - Badwater Ultramarathon (crew member)
August 2012 - Beast of Burden 50 Miler
September 2012 - Run for Heros Marathon
October 2012 - Vulture Bait 50 k
November 2012 - Road2Hope Marathon and JFK 50 Miler
December 2012 - Have to find a race to make it an even dozen.

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:18 pm

Day 1 on my shoveled track: 35 laps (14K) in just over an hour. Still a little chilly (-15 WC -20) into the wind but tomorrow is supposed to be warmer and I might be ready for some speedwork.

Return to “General Running Discussion”