BEST NEWS EVER.

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

BEST NEWS EVER.

Postby QuickChick » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:14 pm

No time for the gym? Try 20 litres of wine instead!
In a nutshell, rats were given a very high dose of resveratrol, a natural substance found in wine. It reversed the effects of zero gravity. The study was done to see if wine can slow/prevent the effects of inactivity in humans. The findings... you have to drink a lot (20 litres) to see the same effect that was seen in the rats. And, you have to have a daily supplement. 20 litres seems like a LOT, but hey if it's for your health... :lol: The daily supplement part sounds OK to me! Cheers! :P
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

runlolarun
Tom Longboat

Re: BEST NEWS EVER.

Postby runlolarun » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:44 pm

Add to that the article I just read in "Psychology Today" which says that it is proven that a daily dose of red wine - not twenty litres mind you - is
proven to reduce belly fat and all the bad stuff that goes with having that spare tire. Cheers!

edit: tut tut spelling
Last edited by runlolarun on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Why, sometimes I have believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast".
Lewis Carroll

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:07 pm

QuickChick wrote:No time for the gym? Try 20 litres of wine instead! It reversed the effects of zero gravity. P

I thought at first that said "gives the feeling of zero gravity" and thought to myself "I know that feeling!"
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

chunkymonkeymelonhed
Lynn Williams

Postby chunkymonkeymelonhed » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Don't think I'll be able to get the full 20 litres in tonight but I am enjoying my glass of wine very much!
On the books for 2017:
50th Birthday!!
Boston Marathon- April 17th what a day- DREAM COME TRUE :dance:
Run for Water 10K- May 28th
Scotia Half - June 25th
Trail River Run half marathon- Sept. 30- CANCELLED
MEC 10K Race 10- Nov. 5

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Hum, 10:18pm - and I'm really thinking it should be a complete rest day afterall. Maybe I should just load up on 20L (okay, I'll settle for a glass) of red wine :lol:

getfit
Jerome Drayton

Postby getfit » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:16 pm

I only ever hear about red wine. Do the health benefits count for white wine too? I prefer white because red wine makes me tired and I feel sluggish the next day. For some reason I don't get the negative side effects with white. Now 20 litres, that's another story :lol:
"I'm not sufficiently organized or ambitious to do all the things you're supposed to do if you're serious. The more time you spend fiddlediddling with this and that, the less time there is to run." ED WHITLOCK

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:53 am

Sign me up!
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Tisha
Bill Crothers

Postby Tisha » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:16 am

drghfx wrote:Sign me up!

I'd be up for the human trials as well just please don't suspend me from my tail! :lol:

Return to “General Running Discussion”