RM 6th Birthday Games

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Re: RM 6th Birthday Games

Postby seuss » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:43 am

those were great reads Claudie - thanks for playing along.

i think the blood donor thread should get a mention here too - i miss that vampire so much!
2010 - gone viral?
2011 - mitochondrial mystery tour

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:12 pm

seuss wrote:those were great reads Claudie - thanks for playing along.

i think the blood donor thread should get a mention here too - i miss that vampire so much!

(((Seuss)))
I love that pts started this project...very awesome.
I was just looking at some of the cards I received that included cheques for the Scupper and Spencer Fun Fund. I still have not met many of the Maniacs who donated.
Pretty amazing group of people we have here.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 am

This is my favourite quote from the NET. I don't often post there, but I do often drop by to see what's going on.

Darth Tater wrote:If I miss page 6969, someone post something inappropriate on my behalf. Thanks.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Darth Tater
Lynn Williams

Postby Darth Tater » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

erinmcd wrote:This is my favourite quote from the NET. I don't often post there, but I do often drop by to see what's going on.

Darth Tater wrote:If I miss page 6969, someone post something inappropriate on my behalf. Thanks.

:lol:
Darth Tater

"Wherever you go, there you are."

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I know it's supposed to be about reports & stuff seuss, but my favorite thing about RM is that it's given me people who are my family.
As many of you know, I'm far from my family (6 hours on a good drive), but living in Ottawa has given me the chance to make the Ottawa RMers my Ottawa Family. Marg & I were talking about that last night, and you guys are my "home away from home" :D And ya ya I'm being sappy but it's true. :x!

Also, when I want to give up I think "What would *insert Maniac Name* do?" ... sometimes I call up Mini-T or IC if I need a good kick in the rear, or Marg/Nancy/Trixiee if I need a side of compassion with that kick, or Carrie/La/SweetPea/CinC if it's a "don't give up, the work you put in will come back to you" ... etc.

Finally, I am STILL confused about Andy & the Police station thread! And MANTIES made me giggle out loud at work :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

ChrisL
Jerome Drayton

Postby ChrisL » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Miss*Smiles wrote:I know it's supposed to be about reports & stuff seuss, but my favorite thing about RM is that it's given me people who are my family.
As many of you know, I'm far from my family (6 hours on a good drive), but living in Ottawa has given me the chance to make the Ottawa RMers my Ottawa Family. Marg & I were talking about that last night, and you guys are my "home away from home" :D And ya ya I'm being sappy but it's true. :x!

Also, when I want to give up I think "What would *insert Maniac Name* do?" ... sometimes I call up Mini-T or IC if I need a good kick in the rear, or Marg/Nancy/Trixiee if I need a side of compassion with that kick, or Carrie/La/SweetPea/CinC if it's a "don't give up, the work you put in will come back to you" ... etc.

Finally, I am STILL confused about Andy & the Police station thread! And MANTIES made me giggle out loud at work :D

May I remind everyone that the term M*****S has been banned, and most not be used anymore.
Faster, stronger, meaner....Arrgh, matey!

If you are not first, you're last - Reese Bobby

CAW
Lynn Williams

Postby CAW » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:22 pm

ChrisL wrote:
Miss*Smiles wrote:I know it's supposed to be about reports & stuff seuss, but my favorite thing about RM is that it's given me people who are my family.

May I remind everyone that the term M*****S has been banned, and most not be used anymore.

Fine! I won't use the word...

:lol: :wink:
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:35 pm

This is my favourite race report:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=27317

Reading it still makes me tear up. I still have an eventual goal of revenge on that course.

Return to “General Running Discussion”