My it is early on Friday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Engmomma
Abby Hoffman

My it is early on Friday

Postby Engmomma » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:02 am

Busy day today. Happy Friday of the long weekend.
The Summer of Eng is over.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: My it is early on Friday

Postby HCcD » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:09 am

Rest day on the schedule for me today, though I did make it back to the Club for my morning chair workout ... Picked up a shift at the Bush this evening ...

Safe travels to those travelling to their respective destinations today, for either races or to their loved ones for the Turkey Weekend ... All the Best and God Speed to those racing this weekend, and, May The Wind Be At Your Back and Have Wings On Your Feet .... 8)
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 am

Think I'll take a rest day today. Start work at 10:15 this morning and hopefully will be booked till 3. Then spending the day doing some prep for my upcoming ART course... the upper limb manual is HUGE!
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:39 am

I'm so excited for the weekend! I'll run a short and easy 6 or 7km tonight after going out for a "pop" to celebrate a colleague's wedding. I had a fantastic run home from work last night- I managed to run a 4:36 average and it felt pretty good! I think I was about 4:45 ish for most of the run and then there was a big downhill at the end, but still I feel like maybe I won't totally embarrass myself at Waterfront. 8)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:42 am

I have a physio appointment this morning, so the plan is to run after work. I haven't decided if I'll just stick with 5k and run outside, or try for a bit more. That may depend on how my physio appointment goes.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:48 am

At 4 PM, I'll be on vacation for a week!!! YIPPPEEE!!!! I'll be doing my beloved tae-box at lunchtime :D
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:49 am

Lovely morning! Today's plan starts with my final exam in level 2 of canine massage therapy (hopefully I'll do well then only one level left and I will be certified!), followed by banking. I plan a lunch time run at the conservation area and will probably take the dogs with me to let them enjoy the day too! Other then that just work and laundry.

Hope to hike the adirondack's tomorrow but so far no one wants to go with me. Hiking alone is not advised so :( might not make it. If anyone wants to go let me know! :D

Sandra
Bill Crothers

Postby Sandra » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:49 am

Another run around the 'hood this morning. 8.2km in just under 41min. Felt very unmotivated to start but glad that I got it done. Now bring on the W/E! :D
Sandra
"Appreciate what you got and chill when things seem overwhelming."

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:53 am

I am sooooooo ready for the weekend!! :D

Rest day today, but I did ride my bike into work. I also got quite a good short interval workout done when I had to out-sprint a dump truck so that I could get into the left lane to turn! :o
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:04 am

Missed my run this morning :( . Our youngest ended up in bed with us last night, so I moved out to the sofa. My alarm clock went for over an hour without waking MrsMcd up (who would have come to wake me up). Oh well- I'm hoping I have time after work, when it's light, and nice & warm.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 am

erinmcd wrote:Missed my run this morning :( . Our youngest ended up in bed with us last night, so I moved out to the sofa. My alarm clock went for over an hour without waking MrsMcd up (who would have come to wake me up). Oh well- I'm hoping I have time after work, when it's light, and nice & warm.

All that happens in our home is getting woken up because the youngest comes in crying cus he wet his bed...

Got 7k done in 35min this morning, do I dare say I'm getting into a groove?

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:16 am

Rest...again
Cold FX is useless.
grumble grumble
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:19 am

Marg wrote:Rest...again
Cold FX is useless.
grumble grumble

:(
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:57 am

Marg, I hope you are feeling better soon.

Rest day for me today. Only an easy weekend of medium distances up at the cottage.

I am kind of tapering for Scotia. I want to finish fast enough to be able to pick up my stuff, get to the finish and watch the elite marathon finish!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:05 am

Marg wrote:Rest...again
Cold FX is useless.
grumble grumble

Unlike. Feel better!

Rest day here too - well... actually... TRAVEL DAY! :dance:

I get to see MiniT tomorrow :dance:

1/2 day work
1/2 day travel
Full Weekend of Fun (no matter what this cold says, I am having a good time this weekend!) :dance:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am

Getting excited for the long weekend and having my brother be my running partner. :D

Planning on a quick little run tonight after the house is cleaned.

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:33 am

ceileigh wrote:Hope to hike the adirondack's tomorrow but so far no one wants to go with me. Hiking alone is not advised so :( might not make it. If anyone wants to go let me know! :D

Wish I could go- it would be a great weekend for it! Which mntns are you planning on doing? I've been thinking of a late fall/ early winter trip to do Algonquin/ Wright/ Colden, or maybe Big Slide/ Yard/ Armstrong/ Gothics/ Wolf Jaws.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

crash
Tom Longboat

Postby crash » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:06 am

Rest day, last day off work before 3 off :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
2011 vancouver energizer 10k race 56:45.89
june 9 2012 Abbotsford police run 10k 56:47
Dec 1 2012 Abbotsford Santa Shuffle 5k 25:30
June 8 2013 Abbotsford Police Run 10k 1:05.38 ( injured)

For ever and ever
“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

"There's no such thing as bad weather, just soft people."
- Bill Bowerman

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:08 am

Get better soon Marg!

For me today, rest day, glorious rest day!

That and sexy stuff like getting new tires for the car, since they are on sale at Costco :lol:

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:33 am

Marg - that sucks - sorry to hear about your cold. get better hun

Last night - had a good run from home - although I really needed more clothes (although I didn't find it TOO bad once I got going - but my teeth were chattering at the start - I didn't wait for my garmin to get a signal since I was freezing) - so PSA of the day - when the temp is only 6 and it's raining, I need more than just shorts. So - got in a 5.6k run home.

Today - meeting my friend M for a run after work - my last longish run pre San Fran tonight - aiming for about 10 miles.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Jogger Barbie
Bill Crothers

Postby Jogger Barbie » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:46 am

TGIF!!! Best wishes to everyone racing and/or travelling this weekend.

Marg - stupid cold :(. Hope you feel better sooner than soon.

I am loving the weather this week, for sure this is my favorite season. Ran a nice 10 km on Wednesday night, had an easy workout yesterday morning, then ran a nice 15 km this morning. Wore arm warmers, and also some light gloves. The temperature at the end was 9 C, so it was actually warm enough to go without both, but when it's both dark and cool at the start, it's easy to overdress a little.
Jacqueline
--------------
19 marathons (3:24:56), 9 30 km ATBs (2:21:33), 2 Midsummer 30 km (2:22:07), 15 half marathons (1:33:53), 5 10 Ks (44:17), 1 5K (22:59), 1 50 K (4:29:22)
2015: London :)
2016: Boston, followed by injury rehab and then ???

soulrunner
Johnny Miles

Postby soulrunner » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:58 am

Today is my day to dig my house out of the mess from life. Five kids + hubby= big mess!!! LOL
Maybe a short run tomorrow and a 22 km on Monday!
Have to earn my turkey dinner... :D
...to the moon and back

June 9, 2012 Abbotsford Police 10 km run... 53:58
Nov. 12, 2011 Vancouver Energizer 10 km run... 54:06.50

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:59 am

Marg :ymhug: If the Cold FX is failing, perhaps try some Emergen-C?? Works like a charm for my family - especially at back to school time. Well, that and extra garlic in their meals :wink:

Crazy day here - as ended up working much longer than expected last night. Wrapping up dishes, laundry and packing this morning. Getting dog stuff ready for kennel, cat setup for his "alone time"... Now to wrap and pack Pierce's presents, without him noticing. He's already peeked in the suitcase at least three times this morning :lol:

I admit to making lunch for the boys early, as I needed to hit the treadmill. Had my fastest 5K I've had since the spring, before I had the knee oopsie... 5K in 24:30. I'll take it :dance:

Have a wonderful LONG weekend maniacs!!

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:22 am

Marg - :( :ymhug:

Oh my goodness it's GOOOOORGEOUS out there! Summer's back! :dance:

Good tempo run is done....7.74km in 41:58, 5:25/km avg (1.1km w/u, 5km @ tempo - 5:11, 5:14, 5:15, 5:15, 5:13, 1.6km c/d)

Oh, that last tempo km was reeeeaaaaaallllly hard, and my foot started to ache. :? So I think I have to face facts that 5:10-5:15 is probably an unrealistic pace for 9runrun 10k in two weeks. Oh well, at least my current HM pace is starting to feel pretty comfortable!

Gosh, I'm so looking forward to spending the rest of the day just hanging out in the beeeyooootiful sunshine! Safe travels to all the maniacs travelling for races or the holidays!
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Just in from an incredible run around the conservation area. Slowest time ever because I kept stopping to take pictures! :lol: But it was a gorgeous fall day and begged to be enjoyed so I enjoyed it ... and so did my fur-gang!

Return to “General Running Discussion”