Sunday Sundae!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

trixiee
Lynn Williams

Sunday Sundae!

Postby trixiee » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:09 am

Off to ride my bike for a couple of hours!
Really looking forward to this - I need the stress release! :D

Make it a good day all! :D
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Sunday Sundae!

Postby HCcD » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:18 am

Final scheduled key workout today, before tapering down for Hamiton Road2Hope, next weekend .. 8)

Hope you Atlantic Folks have your woolies on and your snow tires on your car .... :shock: :pray: :pray: :pray:

All the Best and God Speed to those racing in Marine Corps Marathon today ...
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:22 am

Oh man, it's 0 degrees out there. :( Dragging out my winter tights, reluctantly..... and toque and gloves and jacket. This sucks!!

Chilly 14km LSD planned. Let's hope the forecast for the rest of the week is accurate, I need a reprieve from this cold!
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

Strider
Jerome Drayton

Postby Strider » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:23 am

Pat's Rideau Trail Race this afternoon.

Metric Marathon (26.2 K) ... the longest running race ever in Lanark County, and the first race ever in the 40 year history of the Rideau Trail!

Will be a perfect October day for it.

Careful Pinky - it will be warm when the sun comes up
Help Fight Children's Cancer with Sears Canada and GoodGuysTri - 26 Team Mates, All Running 100km, 1 Goal.
If you have the time please read my participation page and consider a donation.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:51 am

Brrrrrr! It's below zero here this morning!! Heading out for my final long run before NYC: 16K with BG1 and PrincessJo.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:07 am

Chilly morning here too. No running planned but leaf clean up later today. All my pups survived their annual trip to the vet's yesterday. Poor Shadow had a cyst. They lanced it and drained it, no freezing, nothing. He barely flinched. Dogs are a lot tougher then us humans!

Remember to keep voting for Hannah. It is really hard to move up the ranks as we near the top 100 but if everyone votes we can do it! And every vote is money for Guide Dogs of Canada, an organization I truly respect (and actually applied to work for once!)

Thanks and have a great day everyone!
http://www.fidocastingcall.ca/dogs/9698

fit-kitty
Tom Longboat

Postby fit-kitty » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:34 am

Rest day today, as I did get my 17k in yesterday.

voted!

Do you mind if I share on my FB page? :D

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:48 am

Have a good ride Trix!

A metric marathon... sounds interesting!

I'm having breakfast now and will do a 30 mins recovery run with Lili later on.

Have a good day everyone
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:01 am

fit-kitty wrote:Rest day today, as I did get my 17k in yesterday.

voted!

Do you mind if I share on my FB page? :D

Mind? Nope I'd love you to! Miss Hannah needs hundreds of votes a day to stand a chance so the more the word is out there the better!

thanks!

DLS
Bruce Kidd

Postby DLS » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:16 am

Voted!

I'm still on the Every Other Day Running plan, so yesterday was a 1.5 hr kayak on the Niagara, and this morning is a 13k run.

Deanna

Pat29
Bill Crothers

Postby Pat29 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:27 am

My morning did not go quite as planned. I was scheduled to get in the fourth of my 30+km runs before Philly this morning. I woke up with heartburn and did not get out right away. I did head out about an hour later than planned but shut down after 12.5 km because I still did not feel great.

Now I am trying to figure out how to make up for it. I could get the mileage in over two runs tomorrow, one before work and one after work or do I just drop it?
[b]2016 Races:[b]

January - Richmond Road Races 10 km 41:06
March - St Patrick's Day 10 km 41:31
April - Minto Run for Reach half-marathon 1:28:56
May - Sporting Life 10 km - 41:10
May - Ottawa Marathon - 3:26:37
September - Army Run

My running blog: http://www.thecourageoflungs.com

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:52 am

Morning!

As mentioned, brisk out, but totally perfect for running in my books! Sunny, crisp, clear, about -1. Dressed right, it's awesome!

11K in 1:07:50. A little slower, I guess just feeling the effects of yesterday's LR. Still felt great though!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:57 am

Elliptical purchased for delivery in Texas.
Now for a run.
Then lunch with an actual person! :lol:
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:14 am

5km and change in the sunshine - quite nice out there, if a little cool at first
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:24 am

Gettin' ready to brew up some post race bevvies ~o) for James Cunningham 9.5km race, then once the sun comes up I will check out how gross the weather is.

This race has been a tradition for my Bonsor group - we have had a women's team place in the top three for the past 5+ years. If not for trying to keep the streak alive, it would have been really nice to just stay in bed this morning. Oh well, it will be fun to see lots of folks in costume. (~~) (~~)
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

PinkLady
Bill Crothers

Postby PinkLady » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:52 am

14km LSD done.....nice weather for a run, though a little chilly! At least there was sun. Ended up a tad overdressed, but not bad as it was quite chilly in the shade. Done in 1:23:xx, avg 5:53/km.
Sandra...Air Force wife & Professional Kid Wrangler...I knit to stay sane, I run to eat!
2012 - year of perseverance, endurance, survival, and earning blackmail material for life. :D
My running log: http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=44092

PB's:
Army Run HM (Sep 18, 2011) - 1:55:14

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:56 am

Ended up running with some Buds from the RR Run Club this morning .... 15.5K / 1:23:xx moderate run, out-and-back along the Trans-Canada Trails ... Nice and chill 0C out there this morning .... 8)

Only another 2 or 3 runs left in taper before Hamilton Road2Hope Marathon, next weekend ... :P :P
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

AlfiefromPickering
Bill Crothers

Postby AlfiefromPickering » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:06 am

I am just heading to do my last training run of this week (10 miles) in order to complete a total of 114.2 kilometres (in 7 days). I just don't know if this has been a good idea as a training scheme for a marathon, but the next 3 days I'll be doing just 5 Km and then rest for 3 days before the Hamilton Marathon.
I am in love with the President of Argentina .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhf5iInIWEs mamacita preciosa
and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIZ39iEw80M. She is 63 is 2016.... meaning 10 years older than I. I guess I'm into mature girls .....

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:29 am

Voted, 127th place
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:57 am

Rest day for me but I did vote!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:00 am

i just voted again from my husband's laptop. Had I known I known I could do that I would have all along.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:26 am

Oy. Plan was 9km.

I'm in Kitchener right now. I e-mailed the RR this week to ask if there was a group running anywhere from 8-12 km at 7:15-7:15ish pace.

The response I got was:

"Our Half Marathon Clinics hasn’t officially started but I know there are some people training for the Road 2 Hop run in Hamilton next weekend and I know they will be running 10k. You are more than welcome to join them Sunday Morning. "

The fact that there was no mention about pace should have been my first clue.

I get to the store, and, people are all standing in little groups - there is maybe 20 people there. (I'm used to the Orleans store, where there is over 100 people.)

I finally figure out who the person that works there is, and ask if there is a group running 10k at about a 7:30 pace. The (very young) girl says: "well, the 10k clinic is running 7k, and, oh, maybe that group is going about 10k." So, I ask "that group" - they say "yup, about 10k." I said...."well, what pace do you run, since I'm looking for a 2:15 half or 4:30 full training pace - which is a 7:30/km pace." The "assumed leader" says - well, we're usually around a 5:40 - 6:00 pace, but, we can slow down for you."

Uh, yeah right. I wouldn't slow down that much for someone, sorry. I kinda laughed and said, no, that's too much for you to slow down.

THEN, a girl looks at me and says - "you're an Ironman (looking at my hat), you'll be fine."

So, (a little annoyed), I said "actually, since I'm an Ironman, I know what my proper training pace is, and, I know that I need to run slow.

We go outside (since by then the 7k group had left....)

Luckily, a couple more people join us.

As we start out (my plan was to keep them in sight, or, just run out for 4.5 km and then turn around and run back the same route), a woman is beside me and breathing really heavy - within 500 m - AND, the group is WAY ahead of me. We were running at a 6:45/km pace.

I told the woman (Janet) that I would be slowing down, she was welcome to go ahead. She said "no-no, this is a good pace, I'm always behind."

So, I ended up doing 7km with Janet (instead of 9, but, that's fine.) In that 7km, I found out that Janet was always WAY behind, and, ended up walking in the last 2-3 km for almost every run. She has done a couple of half marathons, but, has "one running pace" - about a 7 min/km, and just can't get faster. She tries to keep up, but, never manages to. So, I essentially spent about 7 km talking about the benefit of the slow run, and, that she probably needs to find a group that runs at the "proper" paces. She ran a 20km training run at 2:20, and, her half marathon at 2:30. ;)

It's just frustrating to see that happen at the Running Room. It also really makes me appreciate my Running Room. :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Tred Miller
Bruce Kidd

Postby Tred Miller » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:32 am

14 km done on the treadmill followed by 20 min on the spinning bike. Longest run since Army run. No issues with the hip flexors.
Live to Run; Run to Live.

KBO
Ben Johnson

Sunday Sundae!

Postby KBO » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:38 am

Really fun 11 mile run with two friends. Lots of laughs and planning for Vegas in December. I think we're only 5 weeks to the race now.

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:49 am

HCcD wrote:
Hope you Atlantic Folks have your woolies on and your snow tires on your car .... :shock: :pray: :pray: :pray:

It's warm enough here that it's just rain. But a lot of it! And wind! So, rest day for me. I ran yesterday with all plans of not leaving the house today.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Return to “General Running Discussion”