BMO Vancouver

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: BMO Vancouver

Postby La » Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

Good luck and godspeed, everyone!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

BMO Vancouver

Postby Jwolf » Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Good luck to everyone!

Preparing to use my bike to cheer along the course is almost as exciting as preparing to race. My plan is to be at the start of the half to cheer people on and then ride to points along the marathon course. I won't ride the whole distance of the course though, and I plan to be near the finish line before 11. That means I won't get to see the RM half finishers, who will be finishing less than an hour after the marathon starts. Sorry- if I could be in two places at once I would. ;)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Sat May 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Jwolf wrote:Good luck to everyone!

Preparing to use my bike to cheer along the course is almost as exciting as preparing to race. My plan is to be at the start of the half to cheer people on and then ride to points along the marathon course. I won't ride the whole distance of the course though, and I plan to be near the finish line before 11. That means I won't get to see the RM half finishers, who will be finishing less than an hour after the marathon starts. Sorry- if I could be in two places at once I would. ;)

But you'll be there in spirit right?!!? :wink:
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat May 04, 2013 10:48 pm

I'll be in a workshop all day, so I will miss the festivities. But hydrate tonight! It's going to be warm!

Run hard, run happy! :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Sat May 04, 2013 10:54 pm

ultraslacker wrote:I'll be in a workshop all day, so I will miss the festivities. But hydrate tonight! It's going to be warm!

Run hard, run happy! :)

Already ahead of you. :lol:
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
TBA
Planning & in my sights

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

BMO Vancouver

Postby Jwolf » Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm

Stampie wrote:
Jwolf wrote:Good luck to everyone!

But you'll be there in spirit right?!!? :wink:

Definitely :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

BMO Vancouver

Postby Jwolf » Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

This is terrible. They haven't started the half yet and they did a stupid sun run style warmup. 7:15!!

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

BMO Vancouver

Postby Jwolf » Sun May 05, 2013 9:47 am

Jwolf wrote:This is terrible. They haven't started the half yet and they did a stupid sun run style warmup. 7:15!!

Seems like they must have a road delay or something... Hopefully marathon will start on time. :)

runnerman
Percy Williams

Postby runnerman » Mon May 06, 2013 1:18 pm

BMO half marathon Finish Time 1:53:59. Happy to get out there after a long layoff from running . Minimal training and still finished sub 2hrs. Water Stations were constantly overwhelmed ...they could not keep up with the demand. When I ran the Rock and Roll Seattle Marathon they stacked the water 3 tiers high as well as gatorade...that worked out well. :D :D
What's Up Next:

Rock N Roll Seattle Marathon June 27/09

Recent Race:
Mother's Day Spring Classic 5K 21:27
Diez Vista 50K 6:58
Dave Reed Spring Classic 5 K 21:01
2009 First Half 1:37:40
2009 Harry's Spring Run-Off 35:03.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon May 06, 2013 1:21 pm

runnerman wrote:BMO half marathon Finish Time 1:53:59. Happy to get out there after a long layoff from running . Minimal training and still finished sub 2hrs. Water Stations were constantly overwhelmed ...they could not keep up with the demand. When I ran the Rock and Roll Seattle Marathon they stacked the water 3 tiers high as well as gatorade...that worked out well. :D :D

Nice one. :)

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Mon May 06, 2013 3:37 pm

runnerman wrote:BMO half marathon Finish Time 1:53:59. Happy to get out there after a long layoff from running . Minimal training and still finished sub 2hrs. Water Stations were constantly overwhelmed ...they could not keep up with the demand. When I ran the Rock and Roll Seattle Marathon they stacked the water 3 tiers high as well as gatorade...that worked out well. :D :D

I hear you there! It appeared they even ran out of cups at the station on Pipeline Rd (mile 9) or they were just really slow. That was the problem early in the race, the first 3-4 stations were congested and then near the end, they could not keep up.

What is up for 2018
TBA
Planning & in my sights

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon May 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Stampie wrote:

I hear you there! It appeared they even ran out of cups at the station on Pipeline Rd (mile 9) or they were just really slow. That was the problem early in the race, the first 3-4 stations were congested and then near the end, they could not keep up.

For those of you doing the half for the first time, what did you think of the course? I have to say it's probably my least favorite half-marathon course (except maybe Fall Classic). I even preferred the old Vancouver half course with the climb up to Prospect Point, but maybe because I did it enough times that I was able to really master it.

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Mon May 06, 2013 5:24 pm

Jwolf wrote:
Stampie wrote:

For those of you doing the half for the first time, what did you think of the course? I have to say it's probably my least favorite half-marathon course (except maybe Fall Classic). I even preferred the old Vancouver half course with the climb up to Prospect Point, but maybe because I did it enough times that I was able to really master it.

After running the course in a race environment and not just as a training run (as I’ve done may times), I kind of see what you are getting at. I think I would prefer the old course too. Prospect Point has its own challenges, but it is certainly manageable, especially knowing what awaits you the top, a rewarding downhill. I’m certain that yesterday’s weather played a factor in my result; however I can’t use that as an excuse. It just wasn’t my day and I’m ok with that.

What is up for 2018
TBA
Planning & in my sights

marymac442
Jerome Drayton

Postby marymac442 » Mon May 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Jwolf wrote:
Stampie wrote:

I didn't hate it as much this year as last year, but I still don't like the long downhill within a km of the start it such a waste of a nice downhill.
Bonsor Breakfast Club
"It's All About the Food

2019 plans - Sun Run Clinic (as usual), make it past tax season with sanity intact, start training, Chicago Marathon !!!

Return to “General Running Discussion”