Monday!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Monday!

Postby RA. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:17 am

Day off for me today (from work), so I'm heading out for my last long run before the Army Run. I'm aiming for 20k. It's cold enough for capris and long sleeves today!

I forgot I don't have any gels, so I have to leave later to work MEC into my long run.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Re: Monday!

Postby erinmcd » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 am

Nice and easy 10k for me this morning. Full on taper this week in prep for the Erie Marathon on Sunday!
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 am

RA. wrote:Day off for me today (from work), so I'm heading out for my last long run before the Army Run. I'm aiming for 20k. It's cold enough for capris and long sleeves today!

I forgot I don't have any gels, so I have to leave later to work MEC into my long run.

I'm running 20(ish)K today, too! The original plan was to run home from work and take a long, circuitous route, but I just realized I have a meeting until 5PM (ugh), so it's going to mean a much later start than I'd hoped for. :?

I didn't get out for a run at the cottage this weekend, so I have to make up for it today. My plan is for 2 hours. It's cold-ish today, but I can still wear shorts and a T-shirt.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Postby purdy65 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:42 am

Cross training day! 30 min elliptical at varying resistances followed by 25 minutes of stretching and strength. There was an interesting news segment on TV, so I hoped on the treadmill for 15 minutes to cool down - just an easy walk.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Jogger Barbie
Bill Crothers

Postby Jogger Barbie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:12 am

Bonus run day for me! Monday is almost always a non-running day for me, but two weeks ago I arranged to meet up with a long-time running buddy who I rarely see these days. He and his wife are both retired, they travel a lot, I'm not at the gym as often since I usually run from home at least two days a week, etc... Anyway, beautiful conditions for a morning run and we went out for just a little bit short of 8 km. Nice running and nice to catch up in person rather than by email. What a great way to start the week. :)
Jacqueline
--------------
19 marathons (3:24:56), 9 30 km ATBs (2:21:33), 2 Midsummer 30 km (2:22:07), 15 half marathons (1:33:53), 5 10 Ks (44:17), 1 5K (22:59), 1 50 K (4:29:22)
2015: London :)
2016: Boston, followed by injury rehab and then ???

fe.RMT
Jerome Drayton

Postby fe.RMT » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 am

Monday is my Sunday... but not when it comes to running. Frustrating 3 miles this morning.
The rumours are true......

2013:
Thanksgiving Day 5k: 27:26

Coming up:
ORW Half Marathon
NYC Marathon 2014

JSmitty
Bill Crothers

Postby JSmitty » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:46 am

Nice running and nice to catch up in person rather than by email. What a great way to start the week.
I agree, nice one!

I didn't post yesterday, but got a "long run" in outside. Nice weather, not too hot. Did 4 miles while hubby did some loops on the path. What is really strange is I really miss the path. The markers, the fellow outdoorsy people, saying hi and feeling part of the world. Probably will stay at this distance for a couple of weeks for the long run. We are going to DR in three weeks and they have a gym, but we will need to get out super early. No problem, I will chill the rest of the day, lol.

Today, back to the TM in the gym for 1.5 miles (will also stay at this distance for a couple of weeks), then did the bike for 3 miles. A bit of backwork and a teeny bit of abs. I know they are there somewhere.
Have a great day all.
Cheers,
Jill

Ongoing plan :To start running, continue with eating habits, positive outlook.
OTTAWA HALF 2014

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 am

Rest day for me. It's my first real Monday in a while. I am up early for an 8:00 class. Good thing is the work day is over early now (unlike when I was teaching afternoons and evenings last year), and I get to have lunch with my good friend. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:55 am

Rest day for me -- off to give a talk at the RR tonight -- LOVE seeing the enthusiasm in these new clinic members! :D
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:02 am

Bike to/from work today - had to take the long way this morning because of a train just sitting on the tracks and blocking the bike path :twisted: . It was still there after I'd gone around, so I was glad I didn't wait! Added 1-2 extra km and one more uphill (into the wind!) to my ride this morning. Total today will be ~36k on the bike, then I start my swimming class at the Y tonight! No run today, but I think this will be enough for me.
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 am

5 km on the TM with 5 x 400m hills to keep things interesting
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:47 am

Not a great run today, but not bad, just heavy legs. I got in my stop at MEC, filled my water bottle at SMU and noticed loads of kids studying already, in second week! Stopped running at 20k and walked for 600m. Now to enjoy the rest of my day off work.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

RobW
Bill Crothers

Postby RobW » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am

Jwolf wrote:Rest day for me. It's my first real Monday in a while. I am up early for an 8:00 class. Good thing is the work day is over early now (unlike when I was teaching afternoons and evenings last year), and I get to have lunch with my good friend. :)

All of this except for the teaching part. :)

Legs feel good but will rest today and tomorrow and then try to pick up where I left off sans speed work.

ratherawkward
Bruce Kidd

Postby ratherawkward » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Managed to haul myself out of bed at 5:10 to get 12k in before work. The early-morning views of downtown from the viaduct and Riverdale Park were stunning.

And starting tomorrow, DS (grade 1) is joining the school cross-country team, so now I'll have to get up even earlier if I want to get my run in on weekdays!
PR's so far: 5K 27:15, 10K 55:25, 21.1K 2:10:53, 42.2K 5:21:27
Upcoming: Toronto Women's 5k in May, STWM Half in October

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:12 pm

Rest day...nothing planned at all.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:33 pm

Rest day.
But good walk with C-Moss this evening in the neighbourhood.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:39 pm

Hammie wrote:Bike to/from work today - had to take the long way this morning because of a train just sitting on the tracks and blocking the bike path :twisted: . It was still there after I'd gone around, so I was glad I didn't wait! Added 1-2 extra km and one more uphill (into the wind!) to my ride this morning. Total today will be ~36k on the bike, then I start my swimming class at the Y tonight! No run today, but I think this will be enough for me.

The sound of crickets chirping in the grass next to the pathway while I cycle home? Very nice. The feeling of crazy, 3cm-long crickets flinging themselves at my chest, arms and helmet while I cycle past? Sooooooo gross. But nice and hot cycle home regardless.

ian
Jerome Drayton

Postby ian » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:51 pm

Hammie wrote:The sound of crickets chirping in the grass next to the pathway while I cycle home? Very nice. The feeling of crazy, 3cm-long crickets flinging themselves at my chest, arms and helmet while I cycle past? Sooooooo gross. But nice and hot cycle home regardless.

Crickets or just grasshoppers? The latter seem particularly numerous in these parts this summer. And gigantic dragonflies.

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:12 pm

3 miles outside (mini taper this week for Milton Half on Sunday)

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:20 pm

ian wrote:
Hammie wrote:The sound of crickets chirping in the grass next to the pathway while I cycle home? Very nice. The feeling of crazy, 3cm-long crickets flinging themselves at my chest, arms and helmet while I cycle past? Sooooooo gross. But nice and hot cycle home regardless.

Crickets or just grasshoppers? The latter seem particularly numerous in these parts this summer. And gigantic dragonflies.

Not sure which - because the grassy section they were in is on a relatively steep downhill, all I could tell was that they felt like little bullets as they bounced off of me.

IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton

Postby IronGoddess » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Ran for 4 min this morning finishing at Bootcamp, then did a 30 min class and ran back to my car. It was beautiful here today.
IMC 2015

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:29 pm

Fun 11k tonight. :D
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:30 am

Dog mountain at sunset with a friend and my (very muddy) trail doggy. It's only 5km round-trip but was slow due to wet/slippery/technical/dark. Worth the trip, beautiful night. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “General Running Discussion”