Army 1/2 Bib

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

horselady
Bill Crothers

Army 1/2 Bib

Postby horselady » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:08 pm

I am going away next weekend and forgot to transfer my army 1/2 bib during the transfer time. I did email them to ask if it was kosher just to let someone else have it, but no response.
It would be a shame to waste the entry, I will even miss just picking up the kit to get the shirt as I leave on Thursday, so if anyone is interested please send me an email to kathymoffatt@me.com
Course you will have to run as me....Air Force Runner did this once! If you are a guy and want to have it for free....simply run in a skirt and send me pics and it is YOURS!
" The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man" Winston Churchill"
2013 Plans so Far
Princess Half Marathon Orlando Feb 23
Run for the Reach Water StationVolunteer April 14
Spring Fling Running Thing April 21 10k
Gran Fondo Road Race July 20th
Ride the Rideau 100km Sept 8
Army 1/2 Marathon Sept 22
http://ridetherideau.ca/give
Smattering of horse shows

Randi
Johnny Miles

Re: Army 1/2 Bib

Postby Randi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Hey.
I am mostly a luker on this site. Enjoy reading all the great stories and accomplishments you guys have. It always Inspires me and helps me improve my running.
I do though, have a problem with people transferring race bibs. I work at a lot of races...
Can you Imagine this person, using your BIB get's into some sort of problem? What if he/she is transported to hospital? No info on him/her. And you're family gets the call intead.
What if he/she is has some sort of medical condition that was not originally stated?
I won't be racing the half as well, due to an injury :(
Waited to late late to do the Official cut off. Never a doubt in my mind that I would ask someone if they want my BIB.
Just my opinion, but not a good idea to offer your BIB :)

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Postby AirForceRunner » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Yup...I ran as Horselady once...though to be honest, I kinda wrecked her HM average time on Sportstats. :oops:

However....for some reason, my ability to take great 'selfies' improved dramatically after wearing her bib. :lol: (because really, no one takes a selfie like Horselady)

If this is still around later this week, I may have a buyer, but don't hold if you get an offer.
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:34 pm

I get someone running as me may have issues. Simply put I don't want to waste the bib. For me it is not about the money at all. The bib is FREE! I could also care less about any sports stats. Just to put that out there. This race sold out quite early and is a pretty special race. For me coming from 4 generations of military serving family it is so disappointing not to be running. So thought I would offer it to someone who would like it.
2013 Plans so Far

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:52 pm

If I run as someone else (which I have done) I do put my name and contact #s on the back in case of an emergency. You could also take a sharpie and write in discreet lettering "see back in case of emergency" or something. When a race is sold out, I don't think it's a bad thing to do as long as you take precautions in case of emergency. I suppose if the race isn't sold out and the person COULD buy their own it would be more shady ethical territory. I still think on a scale of "don't worry about it" to "you'll burn in ****", it ranks pretty low. :)
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

horselady
Bill Crothers

Postby horselady » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 am

QuickChick wrote:If I run as someone else (which I have done) I do put my name and contact #s on the back in case of an emergency. You could also take a sharpie and write in discreet lettering "see back in case of emergency" or something. When a race is sold out, I don't think it's a bad thing to do as long as you take precautions in case of emergency. I suppose if the race isn't sold out and the person COULD buy their own it would be more shady ethical territory. I still think on a scale of "don't worry about it" to "you'll burn in ****", it ranks pretty low. :)

Good idea about writing contact information on the back of the bib in case of emergency. I had not thought about that.
2013 Plans so Far

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Army 1/2 Bib

Postby Jwolf » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:27 am

Usually the Race Director will let you change the name if its sold out. I think it's important to do this, not only for emergency purposes but people like to know their ranking in their category. If its a young fast guy runs with your number and is faster than you would he'll push down the others in your age group. I used to say "wear the bib but don't put on the chip" but most races have the chip in the bib now.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:30 am

Jwolf wrote:Usually the Race Director will let you change the name if its sold out. I think it's important to do this, not only for emergency purposes but people like to know their ranking in their category. If its a young fast guy runs with your number and is faster than you would he'll push down the others in your age group. I used to say "wear the bib but don't put on the chip" but most races have the chip in the bib now.

If I recall, from last year, the bib from last year was one of those that had the timing thing attached to it .. :think: :think:

You could always attempt to have Sportstats do a last minute change at the Race Kit Pick-Up, with an ooopsie .. and ask nicely if that could do a last minute change of information ... :shifty: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:22 am

Yeah, sport stats is usually pretty good about that. Good call!
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:52 pm

They don't advertise that they'll do it, but they will change the name at the Sportstats desk at packet pickup. They'd rather know who is actually running. This, according to my friend who used to be event director for STWM. But if they won't Lisa's suggestion is a good one.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Randi
Johnny Miles

Postby Randi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:26 pm

Not sure how Sportstsats will handle these last minute changes. They have been very strict in the past at OWR and Army run. No Changes at last minute.
They do offer an exchange, but only for a certain time frame.
If someone Is going to race/run under another person, I hope they do as Lisa suggested and write down emergency info on BIB. We have had some unforeseen incidents in the last few years at events.
Good Luck to all runners, such a great event :)
I can't run this event, And will not give my BIB away. But, will be out there taking photos of all my friends running. Maybe see some Orange along the way.
Am deciding if it's ok to pick up race kit and wear that great race shirt.....

Return to “General Running Discussion”