In a couple of weeks, I'm heading out on a 6-week vacation. It does include some running plans already:
- It starts with a run in the Grand Canyon -- not likely the full rim-to-rim-to-rim; it's looking like I'll turn around at the 40k mark, but I'll decide on game day, after I see how fast we're all going, how I'm feeling, and so on. (Then we have a night in Vegas. Should be interesting...)
- May 18th, I'll be doing the 20k de Bruxelles. (The irony here is that I didn't do the Boston marathon because I didn't want to run with that many people, and this race has 40,000. I only checked and saw that AFTER my friend in Brussels registered us. He says it's great fun... We'll see!)
So, does anyone have any opinions/advice on:
- The best sections of the WHW to do? Especially if one is alone? (Though I might poke around for running groups there. I had nice success with that when I went to Australia several years ago.)
- Best runs around Dublin?
- Best runs around Derby? And maybe the Lake District?
- Any other places to run/favourite events, etc. in the UK (I have a fair bit of unplanned time and will likely have a Britrail Britain and Ireland pass so am flexible), or not too far from the UK or Belgium?