Routes in Lugano Switzerland?

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Routes in Lugano Switzerland?

Postby erinmcd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Are any of you fine folks familiar with Lugano Switzerland? I'm going to be there for work in a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping to get the inside scoop on some trails. There are mountains all around the city, and from the googling I've done there are indeed trails, but I'm trying to figure out the best options for the limited amount of time I'll have there.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Routes in Lugano Switzerland?

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

When are you leaving?
I know that Dylan Wykes trained in Switzerland just before the 2012 Olympics...I could ask him if he knows anything about Lugano...I don't know where he went to train.
Course....he's buried in a diaper pail these days so might take a few days before I hear back from him :lol: :lol:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:When are you leaving?
I know that Dylan Wykes trained in Switzerland just before the 2012 Olympics...I could ask him if he knows anything about Lugano...I don't know where he went to train.
Course....he's buried in a diaper pail these days so might take a few days before I hear back from him :lol: :lol:

JoJo- I'll be there the first week of December.
Keep on rolling, just a mile to go. Keep on rolling my old buddy, you're moving much too slow.

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:46 pm

That is assuming you text him and not his wife as you've been known to be doing lately. :lol: The gig is up, I talked to Dylan about a month ago and he gave me the scoop!

Erin, you might be contending with snow on the trails in early December. If that is the case, you may wish to consider hiring a mountain guide who knows the area.
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Stampie wrote:

That is assuming you text him and not his wife as you've been known to be doing lately. :lol: The gig is up, I talked to Dylan about a month ago and he gave me the scoop!

Erin, you might be contending with snow on the trails in early December. If that is the case, you may wish to consider hiring a mountain guide who knows the area.

You're right...I'll probably text Francine...mind you...Dylan texted me yesterday with a picture of Ms. Sasha (their daughter) so there is hope for a "texting" relationship with him yet :lol: :lol:

Okay...I'll get in touch in the next fews days with one of them. :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:39 pm

I just spent a few weeks in Switzerland but nothing in Lugano. Check for a Hashhouse. Despite not joining them for any runs, when I pinged the group they responded in typical Swiss fashion, which is incredibly friendly and helpful.
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.

2015 Races:
The Limberlost Challenge 56k
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

erinmcd
Bill Crothers

Postby erinmcd » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:48 pm

ngcaper wrote:I just spent a few weeks in Switzerland but nothing in Lugano. Check for a Hashhouse. Despite not joining them for any runs, when I pinged the group they responded in typical Swiss fashion, which is incredibly friendly and helpful.

That's a great idea! Thanks.

Return to “General Running Discussion”