Sad story

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

La
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Sad story

Postby La » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:25 pm

turd ferguson wrote:Anyway, I'm ordering a new Road ID. I think I left my old one attached to an old pair of shoes I donated recently. I hope that whoever recycles the shoes at Goodwill takes the tag off and throws it out because, if the unthinkable happens to the hobo that gets my old shoes, Carrie not be summoned to identify his body.

And knowing you, that has a high probability of happening. :lol:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:35 pm

Got my RoadID today.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:38 pm

I am kind of late to the thread here, but to those who are considering ordering a Road ID I do have a couple of suggestions. The owner of the bike/tri shop I worked at was an EMT for a long time and he had some first hand experience that he always shared when discussing getting a Road ID

Although the "shoe" badge is popular, it's not actually the best one in his opinion (TooBusy, you may have some experience here as well) if you change shoes often, or are cycling or hiking, you may not have it with you. Also if you're in a bad accident with a hard impact, you might not actually have those shoes on. He always suggested a wrist worn ID based on that alone.

I wear the Wrist ID Slim... 24/7. I have a bunch of different bands so I can change it up once in a while and now with the "badges" it's actually become more of an all the time accessory for me. It's also helpful if you hike/camp/ski/gym... anything where you have the potential to be injured and may not actually have ID with you.
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:15 pm

Habs sent me this pic of her new RM road id! :) snazzy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:26 pm

Mine doesn't have the orange border. :(

Although I'm thinking now I should get a wrist one-- I don't really like having it around my neck. Sometimes I end up putting it in my waste pack.

I don't really need it for any immediate health concerns, although it does have my blood type on it. I figure emergency workers would really only look at a medic alert bracelet anyway?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:32 pm

Jwolf wrote:Mine doesn't have the orange border. :(

Although I'm thinking now I should get a wrist one-- I don't really like having it around my neck. Sometimes I end up putting it in my waste pack.

I don't really need it for any immediate health concerns, although it does have my blood type on it. I figure emergency workers would really only look at a medic alert bracelet anyway?

I have a medic alert "badge" on mine as well as the EMT/Medical short form for penicillin allergy. So it's actually replaced my medic alert bracelet!
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:34 pm

I need to order a new Road ID...the contact numbers are now out of date.
When I am out of town and staying at a hotel I tuck the business card of the hotel in my running belt and shorts.
Or the phone number of the friends I'm staying with .....
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

toobusy
Jerome Drayton

Postby toobusy » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:30 pm

Bracelet or necklace is more likely to be found. If it isn't on the id then it will be a 'later' thing to be tracking down info. If it is in your gear or clothes it may not be found quickly if at all. It all depends on the kind of emergency it is.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:31 pm

I wear my slim all the time for the reasons mentioned above - mine has no health info, just name and contact numbers.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Return to “General Running Discussion”