Downtown Ottawa

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Downtown Ottawa

Postby ngcaper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:21 pm

It's been quite a while since I've posted...still lurk at times, but my training has intensified and turned almost completely to trails the past few years.

I've since moved downtown along the canal...and I mean very recently (week ago Sunday). As I'm not in a focused training cycle now I'm looking for folks to share some weekday miles be it morning/evening. Weekends are still reserved for Gatineau Park with the group of Wildebeest I typically run with.
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.

2015 Races:
The Limberlost Challenge 56k
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Downtown Ottawa

Postby HCcD » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Would love to, but, but, your shortest races appear to be only 50K's ?? Ha!!! :shock: :lol: :shifty: :wink:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:09 pm

HCcD wrote:Would love to, but, but, your shortest races appear to be only 50K's ?? Ha!!! :shock: :lol: :shifty: :wink:

and I didn't even run that, went down under that week instead, so the shortest was 55k.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:17 pm

ngcaper wrote:
HCcD wrote:Would love to, but, but, your shortest races appear to be only 50K's ?? Ha!!! :shock: :lol: :shifty: :wink:

and I didn't even run that, went down under that week instead, so the shortest was 55k.

Umm, don't think we could even fit in your runs in the morning, let alone a day? Ha !! :) :P

What start time and/or distances are you looking at ??

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:30 pm

HCcD wrote:
ngcaper wrote:

Umm, don't think we could even fit in your runs in the morning, let alone a day? Ha !! :) :P

What start time and/or distances are you looking at ??

5-10k maximum after that road running make me sad. :)

Per start times last week I did 3 runs at 6pm, today I went out at 11:30am...so nothing set in stone.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

NMG
Bill Crothers

Postby NMG » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:45 pm

You could always do 25-50 laps in and around the Arboretum if you want it to feel sort of like a trail, in a "not really but maybe almost close" or "at least part of the run was on dirt" sort of way :mrgreen:

BTW, how are the trails in the Gats right now? It seems like all the leaves have dropped in the greenbelt, so I assume the trails are covered up there as well?

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:42 pm

NMG wrote:You could always do 25-50 laps in and around the Arboretum if you want it to feel sort of like a trail, in a "not really but maybe almost close" or "at least part of the run was on dirt" sort of way :mrgreen:

BTW, how are the trails in the Gats right now? It seems like all the leaves have dropped in the greenbelt, so I assume the trails are covered up there as well?

Hahaha nope to loops. Gatz are awesome, the leaves are down but only the narly trails need focus. Even then what's a turned ankle when you can avoid roads. Still runnable with caution.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:42 am

I moved along the canal in February and I couldn't be happier with the running location! I'm actually between the canal and the river, so I have two great options. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't line up with yours, but there always seem to be folks out running!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:02 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:I moved along the canal in February and I couldn't be happier with the running location! I'm actually between the canal and the river, so I have two great options. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't line up with yours, but there always seem to be folks out running!

Keep me in mind regardless Scrumhalfgirl, as I have really no set schedule. Work typically gets in the way during normal day time hours, I was working from home yesterday so got out mid-day, but I suspect most will be mornings as its just too dark in the evenings now. I'm on The Driveway...so I couldn't get closer to the canal unless I move into a house boat.

2015 Races:
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Coming to Ottawa on the 25th but since I will be Week 5 on the C25K plan by then, I suspect you guys will leave me in the dust!
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:54 pm

ngcaper wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:I moved along the canal in February and I couldn't be happier with the running location! I'm actually between the canal and the river, so I have two great options. Unfortunately, my schedule doesn't line up with yours, but there always seem to be folks out running!

Keep me in mind regardless Scrumhalfgirl, as I have really no set schedule. Work typically gets in the way during normal day time hours, I was working from home yesterday so got out mid-day, but I suspect most will be mornings as its just too dark in the evenings now. I'm on The Driveway...so I couldn't get closer to the canal unless I move into a house boat.

And, I am reliant on OC Transpo from Kanata, and usually not arriving in downtown to around 6:45am, unfortunately ...

Return to “General Running Discussion”