Monday of the eclipse!

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Monday of the eclipse!

Postby Avis » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:26 pm

We got about 60% eclipsed here; I watched it with my pin-hole camera. Before that I went on a nice run/walk in the woods (8.43k). I felt good today, maybe because the forces of the universe were aligned!
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Monday of the eclipse!

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:22 pm

We were driving home with cloud cover from Edmonton, didn't really notice anything different.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:22 pm

I was in a meeting room with no windows. But, I had forgot all about it anyway. The path of anti-totality! :lol:
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:47 pm

I was commuting when it was going on so I missed it, though I did see a lot of people on the sidewalks looking at it through glasses and telescopes and boxes and things. :lol:
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

NMG
Bill Crothers

Postby NMG » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:10 pm

I had a quick glance at the sun and confirmed that it looked just like it does on other days. It was a bright, glowing orb in the sky that is really uncomfortable to look at, LOL.

Then I came home, had dinner and hit the road for 8K shortly before the sun was going down. Humidex was still in the low 30's and while the first half was not all that enjoyable, the last half was actually pretty darn good. Sun was down, pacing was steady and body was nice and limber.

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 pm

The eclipse was very cool- I watched indirectly using my pinhole projector. Very cool to see the image, even though it was in a box. Also - I was mesmerized by the patterns in in the shadows. I got some great pics - posted a bunch on FB. 8)

A good friend of mine also got some great pics with his SLR camera and a solar filter. I spent much of the day looking at pictures and videos that people had posts online.

We had 86% totality here but the images were pretty similar to what you could see with only 60% or so. It's quite dramatically different if you can see the total eclipse.

For workouts today-- for me was mostly rest but a little bit of biking for some errands. Tomorrow I get the result of my diagnostic ultrasound.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

Return to “General Running Discussion”