I might need a slap

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Re: I might need a slap

Postby UltraQueenga » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Nature Girl wrote: I think one reason why I'm not scared (well, I'm a little scared :shifty: ) is because I don't care about time and I can always walk if I'm tired. I guess that's one of the nice things about being a mid to end of the packer, there's no pressure :). When you do well in races, and finish top ten or whatever, I would imagine there's a lot of pressure you put on yourself to continue that, even when you're moving to a new distance. Me? I don't care. Although I'd like to avoid DFL and to finish before the cut off time. That would be nice :D .

I like your approach. Have no fear. Walking is a big part of it and I learned it the hard way at Sulphur. I didn't train with walk breaks and it came to haunt me at Sulphur. The best piece of advice I got back in the summer of 2008 was "Don't be afraid to walk", which I ignore sometimes but pay for it.
Moving forward / covering distance is the name of the game. The rest is just details (e.g. grazing, mental games, focus, toilet breaks).
NG, if you can keep up your base over the winter, you'll be well on your way to do 50 miles at Sulphur and 100 at Hali. Just a thought...
Ultrarunner again

Maryka
Tom Longboat

Postby Maryka » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:57 am

Go for it Nature Girl! You never know what the future will bring. You have the enthusiasm and the motivation NOW so you might as well ride the wave. I have also pretty much decided to do my first 100 miler next year. I'm just trying to decide between Sulphur Springs or Haliburton.

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Doonst wrote:
Nature Girl, whatever painkillers you're on, I want some!

Well, I just saw that Naproxen thread and I have to say I'm pretty excited...

Hey is there a thread on painkillers I should know about?

Ron
coyote jogger

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:24 pm

RonPerth wrote:
Doonst wrote:

Ron

Try and keep up Ron! http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=35517&p=922229&hilit=aleve#p922229
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

Nature Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Nature Girl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:18 pm

Doonst wrote:
RonPerth wrote:
Doonst wrote:

Ron

Try and keep up Ron! http://www.runningmania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=35517&p=922229&hilit=aleve#p922229

Yesterday - didn't take with food... oh, my stomach was NOT happy. But my groin was!

Maryka wrote:Go for it Nature Girl! You never know what the future will bring. You have the enthusiasm and the motivation NOW so you might as well ride the wave. I have also pretty much decided to do my first 100 miler next year. I'm just trying to decide between Sulphur Springs or Haliburton.

Right on Maryka!

UltraQueenga wrote: you'll be well on your way to do 50 miles at Sulphur and 100 at Hali. Just a thought...

That's a great thought. Sulphur 50miles in Spring, some 50ks in between, not sure what I'll do at Dirty GIrls, then 100m at Hali. YAY!!!! And I got the okay from the other half. Phew. I'm so pumped.
Hi. My name is NG and I want to run Haliburton.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Whoot! Way to go NG :D And getting DH approval is a big plus as well.

My offer still stands, and fingers crossed, if all goes as I have it planned (in my head) over the winter, I am hoping to be able to put myself on the pacers list for the BOP'ers at both Sulpher and Hali! ( :shhh: :shifty: )

See, told you I was a multi-tasker ;)
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

RonPerth
Bruce Kidd

Postby RonPerth » Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Yesterday - didn't take with food... oh, my stomach was NOT happy. But my groin was!

Ahhhhhhhh! so is there even more I should know about this Naproxen stuff. No wonder everyone is so familiar with the stuff. I may be old, but don't leave me out.

Ron
coyote jogger

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:43 pm

RonPerth wrote:

Ahhhhhhhh! so is there even more I should know about this Naproxen stuff. No wonder everyone is so familiar with the stuff. I may be old, but don't leave me out.

Ron

Yes. Take Naproxen to make your groin happy. Simple. :roll: :D

Mini-T wrote:My offer still stands, and fingers crossed, if all goes as I have it planned (in my head) over the winter, I am hoping to be able to put myself on the pacers list for the BOP'ers at both Sulpher and Hali! ( :shhh: :shifty: )

Hey, that will be so cool, Mini-T! We know you're a multi-tasker. You're one of them tri people...
Ultrarunner again

Nature Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Nature Girl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:24 pm

MINI-T wrote:Whoot! Way to go NG :D And getting DH approval is a big plus as well.

My offer still stands, and fingers crossed, if all goes as I have it planned (in my head) over the winter, I am hoping to be able to put myself on the pacers list for the BOP'ers at both Sulpher and Hali! ( :shhh: :shifty: )

What's a BOPer? :oops:

That's great Tracy. Last week I asked a good friend of mine if she'll run with me at night and it looks good. So once we get closer, I'll have to plan stuff out and figure out how all this works. Who I need when,where, etc.

Now to figure out a training plan. If anyone has any they want to share, that would be awesome!
Hi. My name is NG and I want to run Haliburton.

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:37 pm

BOP - Back o'the Pack.

Not at all saying you are a BOP, but that I'm hoping to be able to offer up some company during the night to whomever is afraid of the shiny spacemen, giant turtles and whatever lurks out in the woods in the dark :D :lol:
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:45 pm

MINI-T wrote:BOP - Back o'the Pack.

Not at all saying you are a BOP, but that I'm hoping to be able to offer up some company during the night to whomever is afraid of the shiny spacemen, giant turtles and whatever lurks out in the woods in the dark :D :lol:

I'm terrified of other runners who are lurking behind me and who may want to pass me. There's nothing else terrifying in that forest. No astronauts, no giant turtles, nothing. Not even a stinking raccoon to come and say hi! :D
Ultrarunner again

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”