Ozark trail 100....anyone done it?

You didn't need those toenails, did you?
Steve

Ozark trail 100....anyone done it?

Postby Steve » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Thinking about doing this race as a first 100 in November in Missouri. Anybody have any feedback from this race? Course? Food? Trail? Difficulty?

Thanks.

Steve

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Re: Ozark trail 100....anyone done it?

Postby UltraQueenga » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Welcome to runningmania, steve.
I haven't run Ozark 100, but I think one of our maniacs here, spaff, did it a few years ago. If you hang around long enough, he might post a reply.
From what I heard, it is a good race and technical in some parts.
Ultrarunner again

Steve

Postby Steve » Tue May 01, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks UltraQueenga!

I'm pretty pumped about trail running. I have recently just hit the trails on a more regular basis and have kind of fallin in love with it. I cant stand running on roads anymore. I recently just did a 50 miler and found I really loved the solitude about it - Hoping maybe to do the Ozark 100, but man is that distance intimidating.

Steve

UltraQueenga
Jerome Drayton

Postby UltraQueenga » Wed May 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Steve wrote:Thanks UltraQueenga!

I'm pretty pumped about trail running. I have recently just hit the trails on a more regular basis and have kind of fallin in love with it. I cant stand running on roads anymore. I recently just did a 50 miler and found I really loved the solitude about it - Hoping maybe to do the Ozark 100, but man is that distance intimidating.

Steve

I agree, 100 can be intimidating when you want to go there from 50 miles. But the good news is, there are distances in between. Not sure where you're based, but if you're interested, Dirty Girls 24hr might be right up your alley in early August. All trails, 8k loops in the forest, run as much as you want. How bad can that be? :D

Good luck with your training.
Ultrarunner again

Return to “Ultras and Trail Running”