Lululemon for Running

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
hmacdonald
Bill Crothers

Re: Lululemon for Running

Postby hmacdonald » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:34 pm

All-sport bra! It has been out of stock, but they had new stock in Winnipeg, and the clerk told me that there are more coming for fall. I bought a TTT, and I don't like it all.
Heather

"We over-committed, overweight middle-aged moms who have been athletic failures most of our lives don’t get much fanfare when we finally get off the couch and go for it, but there are a lot of us out there" - Seuss

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:26 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
CinC wrote:those without the huge ta-ta's, which bra would you recommend? or do you smaller ta-ta's still go with the ta-ta tamer?

I love my power y bra! Also, I've got several of the deep v ones.

Love the power Y bras too.

a-slow-5 wrote:
IronColl wrote:Saw the run reflection skirt in that grey/yellow combination as well and I really liked it, but didn't buy it. Was tempted to buy that pattern in the speed shorts.

Have you worn this skirt before, Colleen? Or at least tried it on?

I didn't try it on because I wouldn't be able to wear it right now.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:44 am

ultraslacker wrote:
ceileigh wrote:Have you seen the 'this just in' posted today! The Run Cross Train Pullover is really nice looking! The recharge tank colours are nice too. Must NOT look at their web site!!!!

wow that is SUPER CUTE! I totally want one...

I bought one in orange :D on the weekend - it's very nice. I had to replace my old pants (after 4 years and two pregnancies, my yoga pants were at the end of their lifespan :lol: ) and got a few other things for running. I wound up buying a larger size than I usually would for the pullover, because I find all the running stuff is cut narrow in the waist on me and I don't like to wear tight stuff while running.

I got a bit frustrated while I was there - when I was browsing the store, I could not look at something without a perky salesperson popping up at my elbow to make some comment about what I was looking at. And yet, when I was trying things on and needed a different size, 2 of the 3 people working at the back were engaged in a long conversation with a friend of theirs who was shopping, and when I finally got the attention of the third and asked if they had a shirt in a different size, she said, "I don't know - I don't think so, but I'm not sure" and went off to pop up at someone's elbow to tell them that the new colours were, like, totally awesome. I wish the sizing was a little more consistent on me so I could just buy online, but I have pants/crops from there in size 6, 8 and 10... and they all fit at the same time!
2014: the year of new awesomeness!
Rogers Insurance Run for L'Arche Half March 22 - done
Calgary Marathon Wild Rose 50k June 1 - done
Stampede Road Race 5k July 6 - done
Magrath sprint tri July 12 - done!!
Jog for the Bog 10k July 27 - done
Seawheeze Half Marathon August 23 - done
Subaru Banff Sprint Triathlon September 6 - done
Blitz Duathlon September 21 - registered
Portland Marathon October 5 - registered

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:00 am

I got a bit frustrated while I was there - when I was browsing the store, I could not look at something without a perky salesperson popping up at my elbow to make some comment about what I was looking at. And yet, when I was trying things on and needed a different size, 2 of the 3 people working at the back were engaged in a long conversation with a friend of theirs who was shopping, and when I finally got the attention of the third and asked if they had a shirt in a different size, she said, "I don't know - I don't think so, but I'm not sure" and went off to pop up at someone's elbow to tell them that the new colours were, like, totally awesome. I wish the sizing was a little more consistent on me so I could just buy online, but I have pants/crops from there in size 6, 8 and 10... and they all fit at the same time

I agree. I go in and it is like bees to honey 'let me help let me help' Go to the change room, they write your name on the door and disappear into friendville. There is always a huge pile of clothes on the table at the back to be folded. Sometimes when I can't find a size I wonder how many are hiding away in that pile! I find it best to take a friend to Lulu's with me. Lately I do most of my shopping online. If I time it right I will do online purchases timed to arrive no more then a week before I head in to the city. That way returns are free and i have a larger colour selection ... well usually ...

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:09 am

weird, I've never had that experience. I always have a ton of help at the change room, and they're always running around looking for sizes and colours for me.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:14 am

ultraslacker wrote:weird, I've never had that experience. I always have a ton of help at the change room, and they're always running around looking for sizes and colours for me.

I suspect that it varies a lot from store to store. I usually try and avoid this one on the weekends (because it's an absolute ZOO!), and the service is usually a little better on weekday evenings when it is quieter.

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:48 am

Hammie wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:weird, I've never had that experience. I always have a ton of help at the change room, and they're always running around looking for sizes and colours for me.

I suspect that it varies a lot from store to store. I usually try and avoid this one on the weekends (because it's an absolute ZOO!), and the service is usually a little better on weekday evenings when it is quieter.

Market Mall location?
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Hammie
Jerome Drayton

Postby Hammie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:19 am

CinC wrote:
Hammie wrote:

Market Mall location?

Yup.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:26 am

The first time I went to a Lulu was a Monday morning, Winnipeg, temp outside -40C. I was there for work and my scheduled meetings got canceled at 9/11 and 1PM So I had nothing to do until 3PM!!! There was a mall across from the hotel so :D I had great service the whole way around. A good balance when looking in the store and lots of help with sizes in the change room. Even good comments in terms of what looked good and what could have fit / looked better.

I think I was spoiled as nothing has compared since!

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:30 am

ceileigh wrote:The first time I went to a Lulu was a Monday morning, Winnipeg, temp outside -40C. I was there for work and my scheduled meetings got canceled at 9/11 and 1PM So I had nothing to do until 3PM!!! There was a mall across from the hotel so :D I had great service the whole way around. A good balance when looking in the store and lots of help with sizes in the change room. Even good comments in terms of what looked good and what could have fit / looked better.

You lucked out. Normally when I go in to that particular store, I may get one staff member to say hi to me and that is it. I have been mostly ignored.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:48 am

I think it was the day and time I went ... plus the cold. That was a really cold winter. There was almost no one in the entire mall. Everyone in the store was thrilled to have someone other then each other to talk to :lol:

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:16 pm

eme wrote:
ceileigh wrote:The first time I went to a Lulu was a Monday morning, Winnipeg, temp outside -40C. I was there for work and my scheduled meetings got canceled at 9/11 and 1PM So I had nothing to do until 3PM!!! There was a mall across from the hotel so :D I had great service the whole way around. A good balance when looking in the store and lots of help with sizes in the change room. Even good comments in terms of what looked good and what could have fit / looked better.

You lucked out. Normally when I go in to that particular store, I may get one staff member to say hi to me and that is it. I have been mostly ignored.

I've been in the location you're talking about. Habsdaughter & I went in, totally ignored for the whole time we were in there. I guess they thought I was too old and she was too chunky for Lulu. On the other hand, I've been to a store in Saskatoon & Edmonton and both couldn't help me enough, and I spent money in both those places-depends on the store. :?
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

abhainn
Abby Hoffman

Postby abhainn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
eme wrote:

I've been in the location you're talking about. Habsdaughter & I went in, totally ignored for the whole time we were in there. I guess they thought I was too old and she was too chunky for Lulu. On the other hand, I've been to a store in Saskatoon & Edmonton and both couldn't help me enough, and I spent money in both those places-depends on the store. :?

And I've usually gotten good service there. Though I do only go in once a year, if that.
Andrea Michelle

------------------------------------------------

"There are no fish in my pond"

Agent Provocateur
Bill Crothers

Postby Agent Provocateur » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:45 pm

eme wrote:

Dude, that's because you never came in when *I* worked there!! I've put your poster up and said "do NOT educate this guest, because she never visited me". :wink:
Love life, eat plants, do yoga.

eme
Lynn Williams

Postby eme » Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:10 pm

Agent Provocateur wrote:
eme wrote:

Dude, that's because you never came in when *I* worked there!! I've put your poster up and said "do NOT educate this guest, because she never visited me". :wink:

I hardly ever make it in to Polo Park (the extent of my shopping is usually Sobeys and Costco) - I did look for you a couple of times, but didn't ask for you. I want to try on the Still pants, but I am too cheap to pay that much for yoga pants ;)

bgroot
Johnny Miles

Postby bgroot » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:58 pm

The service really depends on the store. They are trained to try and point out a lot of the hidden features about a product that you might not notice just by looking or reading the tag. It's not that they are trying to pester you while you shop. In the store that I worked at, it gets super busy on teh weekends and it is hard to give as much personal attention, especially in the change rooms, but they strive to make each guests' experience a positive one. If you ever have a bad experience, I encourage you to send an email or call the Guest Education Centre and give them feedback. It will go back to the store and hopefully improve the service moving forward. Its also great to call if you have a really good experience too. The number is 1.877.263.9300.
Brian

Upcoming races:
Rotorua Marathon, New Zealand

http://www.mindfulnessrunning.com

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I always get ignored when I go into the Newmarket store. I must really not fit their profile because I don't even get a hello. Oh well. One less place for me to shop at.

ceileigh
Bill Crothers

Postby ceileigh » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:17 pm

I am going to go to one on Thursday and vie for attention ... try on everything I can ... and buy NOTHING! :roll:

No seriously I really AM going to go to a lulu on Thursday and try for some good service. Usually I just say no thanks so this time I think I will accept service and see what happens ... though my bank account might prefer if I just walked on by!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 pm

snickers wrote:I always get ignored when I go into the Newmarket store. I must really not fit their profile because I don't even get a hello. Oh well. One less place for me to shop at.

What do you think the profile is?
I didn't think I fit their profile (crabby middle aged woman soon to turn 58) but I've been pleasantly surprised at the service I've received at the local store.
It's in part what got me to ask the store to be in charge of a water station at K-Town Tri this year. Course...now I'm famous at the store because of being there so much regarding the Tri...and I do need to let the staff know they don't need to hug me every time I go in...I must remind them of their mother or favourite aunt :roll: :wink:

ETA: I'm often ignored when I go into stores where the staff doesn't think I fit "their profile" even though I like the clothes...I think it's called "ageism" :evil: :evil:
Happily...I haven't experienced this at my local LuLu's.
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Dunno, but I am not it - a 40-year-old, without a cute yoga butt who will spend money on something I love, even if it seems outrageously priced, but is otherwise cheap.

I remember working in retail a million years ago - at Bootlegger - and we would always profile a customer in our heads when they walked in the store - cheap, picky, wants a size too small etc - but we always had to greet them the same and help them out as if they were the only person on the planet. The ones we always thought of as hard to please and cheap usually ended up being the easiest to please and would buy the most. Go figure.

Maybe because I worked retail I'm a bit tougher on customer service people and expect more. But I have never even gotten a hello at Lululemon. Hello is not too much to ask - IMHO.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:19 pm

snickers wrote:

Dunno, but I am not it - a 40-year-old, without a cute yoga butt who will spend money on something I love, even if it seems outrageously priced, but is otherwise cheap.

I remember working in retail a million years ago - at Bootlegger - and we would always profile a customer in our heads when they walked in the store - cheap, picky, wants a size too small etc - but we always had to greet them the same and help them out as if they were the only person on the planet. The ones we always thought of as hard to please and cheap usually ended up being the easiest to please and would buy the most. Go figure.

Maybe because I worked retail I'm a bit tougher on customer service people and expect more. But I have never even gotten a hello at Lululemon. Hello is not too much to ask - IMHO.

I agree...hello is not too much to ask.
I'm also quite "tough"...I'm in the service business...and self employed. I've learned over the years..."don't judge the book by its cover".
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:08 pm

..."don't judge the book by its cover".

You got it seester. :wink: Too bad not everyone thinks the same way.

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:42 am

Jo-Jo wrote:
snickers wrote:

I agree...hello is not too much to ask.
I'm also quite "tough"...I'm in the service business...and self employed. I've learned over the years..."don't judge the book by its cover".

...not only that, even if you think the person who just walked in doesn't "fit" with the store's target audience, who is to say you aren't there shopping for a gift?

Oh, and I can remember once in university walking into a Jean Machine and looking at the rack, and ever several minutes a fellow begrudgingly came up and asked if he could help, and I stated I was just looking for my size....he looked me up and down and said "oh, I don't think we carry YOUR size." (I have probably ranted that same story on here before, but I will never forget it!!)

/hijack

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

gnu wrote:
...not only that, even if you think the person who just walked in doesn't "fit" with the store's target audience, who is to say you aren't there shopping for a gift?

Oh, and I can remember once in university walking into a Jean Machine and looking at the rack, and ever several minutes a fellow begrudgingly came up and asked if he could help, and I stated I was just looking for my size....he looked me up and down and said "oh, I don't think we carry YOUR size." (I have probably ranted that same story on here before, but I will never forget it!!)

/hijack

OMG, that happened to me too! And I asked for a size 31, seriously, they don't have 31? I was soooo pissed off. :x

Re: lulu, I have always gotten good service there, although I find the London ON store is not as friendly as the TO locations I go to.
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Cupcake Girl
Bruce Kidd

Postby Cupcake Girl » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:10 pm

"oh, I don't think we carry YOUR size."

I've had this happen but at La Senza/Silk & Satin when I go looking for a new bra. Ok, technically I don't need one, but it would be nice if I didn't get the stare down, coupled with a chuckle and 'we don't have your size'. On the upside, the sales people do direct me to the push up bras, which apparently come in my size. I pass, I'll take the flatness thank you very much.

Return to “Gearing Up”