Urban Running Girl

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
URG
Johnny Miles

Urban Running Girl

Postby URG » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:44 am

Hi there,

A couple of months ago I was on Running Mania and introduced myself (as runners do) to the forum. I had mentioned I was working on a new business and was informed it was ok to post about it here on the forum.

I finally got my website up and running this past Monday. I would like to introduce Urban Running Girl. A company, selling running shrugs to women in Canada.

I don't want to spam you all with a long and drawn out post, so I will leave the links here, if you are interested in checking it out. Please, feel free to send me feedback if you'd like. :)

website http://www.urbanrunninggirl.ca

Facebook http://www.facebook.com/UrbanRunningGirl

Twitter http://twitter.com/UrbanRunningGrl

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Re: Urban Running Girl

Postby Dr. S » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Very cool love that the sleeves roll up to warm your hands. Good luck with your businness.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 am

Dr. S wrote:Very cool love that the sleeves roll up to warm your hands. Good luck with your businness.

Thanks very much! :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:16 pm

hey I just saw your ads on facebook! very cute products. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Thanks! Glad to know the FB ad is working. I decided to try it with a small ad budget to see what kind of awareness I would get. Spreading the word right now is my biggest priority as it's the only way to make any sales!
:)

Just got back from a meeting. Potential client-loved them! Not only for running but for other activities. Considering them for her business! :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:15 pm

URG wrote:Thanks! Glad to know the FB ad is working. I decided to try it with a small ad budget to see what kind of awareness I would get. Spreading the word right now is my biggest priority as it's the only way to make any sales!
:)

Just got back from a meeting. Potential client-loved them! Not only for running but for other activities. Considering them for her business! :)

I was actually thinking they'd be good for other activities too, like hiking. I'm more likely to have layers going on/off during a hike than a run. Or, for example, if I go mountain biking and then we go for food after (which we always do ;) and my arms get cold. A shrug would be smaller to fit in my pack than an extra shirt. Or for an ultra. Yep, I like the idea.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:54 am

ultraslacker wrote:Or, for example, if I go mountain biking and then we go for food after (which we always do ;) and my arms get cold. A shrug would be smaller to fit in my pack than an extra shirt. Or for an ultra. Yep, I like the idea.

Awesome idea...another activity to add to the growing list! :D

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Very cute!
Best wishes on your new venture!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Hey all,

Just a short note. It's been a whirlwind couple of months since launching the shrugs. URG will be at the Toronto Scotiabank Marathon Expo in Booth 102 if anyone would like a look at the product. We've since launched black as a colour, and will also have orange at the Expo weekend to add to the original Purple, Pink and Blue colour. Would love to see you there, and definitely interested in your feedback!

Cheers! :D
Urban Running Girl

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Postby Avis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:36 am

Saw your ad in iRun magazine! Looks like your business in growing--good luck!
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:49 pm

Avis wrote:Saw your ad in iRun magazine! Looks like your business in growing--good luck!

Thanks! Yes, URG has gained a bit of traction/awareness. Glad you saw the ad. There will be a new one in the next issue as well. Just sent it along to iRun yesterday. :)

ratherawkward
Bruce Kidd

Postby ratherawkward » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:07 pm

Nice to chat with you at the expo - the shrugs look great! I didn't have the $$ for much shopping today, but definitely something I'm going to keep on my radar.
PR's so far: 5K 27:15, 10K 55:25, 21.1K 2:10:53, 42.2K 5:21:27
Upcoming: Toronto Women's 5k in May, STWM Half in October

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:53 am

ratherawkward wrote:Nice to chat with you at the expo - the shrugs look great! I didn't have the $$ for much shopping today, but definitely something I'm going to keep on my radar.

Nice to meet you yesterday! Glad you like the shrugs! We had a lot of positive feedback from our traffic at the expo yesterday. Even a few men, were asking about them! Looking forward to today! :)

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:13 pm

I totally missed you! I saw your booth before the expo opened but no one was there yet, then I saw what might have been you right at the end of the day walking by, but I was stuck in a conversation so I couldn't chase you down and find out for sure.

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:17 pm

gnu wrote:I totally missed you! I saw your booth before the expo opened but no one was there yet, then I saw what might have been you right at the end of the day walking by, but I was stuck in a conversation so I couldn't chase you down and find out for sure.

Seems to be my luck. I missed someone else too (by about 30 seconds). lol Next time for sure. Hope you had a great race! Had a chance to take a pic of someone wearing a shrug during the race! Awesome! Glad the rain stopped for everyone!

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am

Just a quick post to all the Running Maniacs out there...

Just wanted to let you know, Urban Running Girl is having a 15% off sale this weekend on our shrugs! Just ENTER the code: URG when prompted in the ordering field. This offer is good til Sunday November 4th. Just thought I'd pass on the info if anyone is doing some early Holiday shopping. www.urbanrunninggirl.ca

Thanks for your time. :)

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Postby NewFinnLoper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

URG wrote:Just a quick post to all the Running Maniacs out there...

Just wanted to let you know, Urban Running Girl is having a 15% off sale this weekend on our shrugs! Just ENTER the code: URG when prompted in the ordering field. This offer is good til Sunday November 4th. Just thought I'd pass on the info if anyone is doing some early Holiday shopping. http://www.urbanrunninggirl.ca

Thanks for your time. :)

:( :( Darn...missed this on the weekend...
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Hope URG doesn't mind me mentioning this.
In the latest iRun mag there is an ad for URG with a 10% off your next order deal:

Promo Code: iRunwithURG

offer valid until 2012/12/31
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

URG
Johnny Miles

Postby URG » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:Hope URG doesn't mind me mentioning this.
In the latest iRun mag there is an ad for URG with a 10% off your next order deal:

Promo Code: iRunwithURG

offer valid until 2012/12/31

Nope-Don't mind at all! :)

Yep, the ad is in the marketplace section, and as well, there is some URG editorial iRun added on pg 50 - which was a great surprise to see! :)

Sandra
Bill Crothers

Postby Sandra » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 pm

Just read the great review in iRun magazine! I'm thinking I may have to get me one :D
Sandra
"Appreciate what you got and chill when things seem overwhelming."

Return to “Gearing Up”