Help with Shoes

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Bruce Kidd

Help with Shoes

Postby newbie » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:42 pm

I know this may be a stupid question because everyones feet are different. Anyway I usually run in Saucony Echelon 2's but of course they are discontinued. I have tried the new model but they are too narrow. Anyone have suggestions for a neutral shoe that maybe close to these. I have tried Mizuno's, Nike, Brooks Ghost 5 and most recently Asics Gel Cumulus 14 and no go. I am running out of time for training for the half and I definitely can't wear my current shoes.
Next up:

Feb 2015 - Castaway Key 5k
March 2015 - St. Patrick's Day 10k
May 2015 - ORW 1/2 Marathon

jgore
Abby Hoffman

Re: Help with Shoes

Postby jgore » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:08 pm

I just checked the Saucony site and the Echelon 3 is available in a wide width.

NMG
Bill Crothers

Postby NMG » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:00 pm

For what it's worth, I'm now alternating Mizuno Wave Rider 16's in a wide size and Mizuno Enigma 2's in a regular width and both of them work great for my feet. I was running in Saucony Triumph 9's in a wide size prior to these and when I tried out the Triumph 10's in a wide they were too narrow and the toe box wasn't as wide as the 9's. The regular width Enigma's are actually wider than the wide Triumph 10's and the cut just fits my foot better.

The other option is to try some New Balance models. I used to run in them and they have quite a few shoes available in wide sizes. One other thought, is it possible to find some Echelon 2's online somewhere that they are clearing out? Not sure how long they've been discontinued but that may be an option.

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:13 pm

Asics Fortitude has a straight last and offers a wide toe box, and may come in various widths, if I recall :think: :think: :think:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Bruce Kidd

Postby newbie » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:26 am

Thanks guys for the suggestions, actually went with Brooks Glycerin 10's. Ran 10k in them yesterday with no issues
Next up:

Feb 2015 - Castaway Key 5k
March 2015 - St. Patrick's Day 10k
May 2015 - ORW 1/2 Marathon

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:01 am

newbie wrote:Thanks guys for the suggestions, actually went with Brooks Glycerin 10's. Ran 10k in them yesterday with no issues

Good luck with them! They didn't work for me since they gave me black toenails after 15k's but I hope they work for you. I stocked up on a few pair before I found out the problem so now I use mine for walking shoes. :lol:
Carm

Return to “Gearing Up”