Ottawa's west end - Best place to buy running shoes

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Ottawa's west end - Best place to buy running shoes

Postby bruyere » Tue May 28, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm here in Ottawa, leaving tomorrow (Wed), and my niece has asked me to help her buy some running shoes tomorrow. Where's the best spot?
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

CAW
Lynn Williams

Re: Ottawa's west end - Best place to buy running shoes

Postby CAW » Tue May 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Do you have Marg's #? You could text her to find out. She doesn't check RM as often anymore...but texting or emailing her directly would probably get you a pretty quick answer.
~Kara~

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself."
— Thich Nhat Hanh

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue May 28, 2013 10:42 pm

CAW wrote:Do you have Marg's #? You could text her to find out. She doesn't check RM as often anymore...but texting or emailing her directly would probably get you a pretty quick answer.

Indeed, you are correct. And indeed, I do. I also posted on FB... figured Jesse or Andy or Marg might answer. If not, I'll check with Marg tomorrow. :)
"I was thinking of you yesterday as I was running through the woods. As I jumped over a fallen tree I said "If I were [bruyere], I'd be bleeding by now"." - Turd Ferguson

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 pm

Ah, Bushtakah has a Stittsville location.

orleansrunner1962
Jerome Drayton

Postby orleansrunner1962 » Wed May 29, 2013 6:29 am

There is Bushtakah in Stittsville and Running Room in Kanata -- and Andy might have more ideas.....
2014:
Mar - Around the Bay 30 km - Done
May - Sulphur Spring 100 miler - DNS
Sept - Army HM
Sept/Oct - 50 miler
Oct - Pace Bunny - Toronto Scotia Waterfront
Dec - Reggae Marathon in Jamaica

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 29, 2013 6:49 am

If you were looking for Men's 8.5 (EU 41.5-42), then I would say Andy's Warehouse ... :shifty: :shock: :lol: :wink: :oops:

Bushtakuh in Kanata, these days, appears to have a smaller selection of shoes, for whatever reason, though their prices are about 10% lower than usual ... If you go there ... be sure to download the Valpak coupons .... :P http://www.valpak.com/coupons/printable/BUSHTUKAH/72708?addressId=1651950&offerId=1515475

As for the best prices/selection, although, limited models/sizes, the Sports 4 in Kanata is now their Clearance Outlet and you can find deals up to 40-50% off of their remaining stock ... :P

Source for Sports, in the Hazeldean Mall, also have their Clearance Outlet in Kanata, as well, if you are looking for older models at a good price ...
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

It's her first pair of "real" running shoes, so we'll need a place that can evaluate and give some advice.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed May 29, 2013 9:11 am

bruyere wrote:It's her first pair of "real" running shoes, so we'll need a place that can evaluate and give some advice.

Sports4 or Running Room is who I usually recommend for giving advice. Bushtakuh is probably cheapest.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 29, 2013 9:34 am

bruyere wrote:It's her first pair of "real" running shoes, so we'll need a place that can evaluate and give some advice.

In that case, Sports 4 on Bank St and ask for Pete ... well, anyone of them can help you out .... lots of selections and better prices in town, imo, without coupons required ...

With the RR, you will get a hit and/or miss depending who is working at the time ... at the Bush, not too much when it comes to getting proper fitting, from my experience ...

And/or do what a lot of people do ... get fitted at the RR or Sports 4, then buy online via Holabird Sports and/or Runner's Warehouse in the USA and save 50% ... :shock: :lol: :wink: :shifty: :shifty:

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

Might be too late, but posted this on FB as well. If you don't mind coming downtown, Sports4 on Bank Street is great. Jean is "my shoe guy".
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed May 29, 2013 11:39 am

Thanks everyone, and yep, J, I saw your FB post, too!

We're going to hit up Sports 4 downtown before she drops me off at the train station. (Back to Montreal I go... this visit was so short! 9 day trip divided into 3 3-day segments.)

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed May 29, 2013 11:42 am

bruyere wrote:Thanks everyone, and yep, J, I saw your FB post, too!

We're going to hit up Sports 4 downtown before she drops me off at the train station. (Back to Montreal I go... this visit was so short! 9 day trip divided into 3 3-day segments.)

Will your Niece be training with a Group ?? Clinic ?? If so, which one? There are a number of options, if she/you are looking??

bruyere
Abby Hoffman

Postby bruyere » Wed May 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Thanks, all! She's now the proud owner of a pair of... purple somethings. I can't recall what. :oops: They're neutral and no, she didn't pick them for the colour. As you guys promised, the guy helping her was knowledgeable and helpful. And Jesse, Jean cashed us out. :)

HCcD wrote:Will your Niece be training with a Group ?? Clinic ?? If so, which one? There are a number of options, if she/you are looking??

Not sure. She's been running alone. I've mentioned a few options, and that she might find it particularly useful as her runs get longer. She'll see as she goes along...

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed May 29, 2013 3:16 pm

bruyere wrote:Thanks, all! She's now the proud owner of a pair of... purple somethings. I can't recall what. :oops: They're neutral and no, she didn't pick them for the colour. As you guys promised, the guy helping her was knowledgeable and helpful. And Jesse, Jean cashed us out. :)

HCcD wrote:Will your Niece be training with a Group ?? Clinic ?? If so, which one? There are a number of options, if she/you are looking??

Not sure. She's been running alone. I've mentioned a few options, and that she might find it particularly useful as her runs get longer. She'll see as she goes along...

yay! glad she found something. they are great there.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Return to “Gearing Up”