Strava Group

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Strava Group

Postby eme » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I have created a RM club on Strava, just in case you are interested in following your fellow RM'ers training:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/runningmania

User avatar
turd ferguson
Ben Johnson
Posts: 28512
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:11 am
Location: It's a funny name
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:36 pm

I'm in.

I use strava for both running, cycling and skating and frequently get the type wrong. So I'm kind of hard to follow. But here we are.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Strava Group

Postby La » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:01 pm

I'm in. :)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Strava Group

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm in too. I'm JUST now starting to get back on my bike, so my rides are like 1% the length of yours, but I hope to get back into it soon, at least for my commutes. I also use it for running and walking and hiking (walks and hikes sometimes show up as runs, which make me look really slow ;) ).

p.s. why is this thread in "Gearing up?" Could be in General or Training?
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby eme » Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:19 pm

Jwolf wrote:I'm in too. I'm JUST now starting to get back on my bike, so my rides are like 1% the length of yours, but I hope to get back into it soon, at least for my commutes. I also use it for running and walking and hiking (walks and hikes sometimes show up as runs, which make me look really slow ;) ).

p.s. why is this thread in "Gearing up?" Could be in General or Training?


I couldn't decide where to put it - I figured it invovled Garmins/tracking tech, so that is gear :lol:

User avatar
IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Re: Strava Group

Postby IronGoddess » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:06 pm

I am in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IMC 2015

User avatar
ultraslacker
Site Admin
Posts: 46890
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:33 pm
Location: paradise
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:25 pm

I've been on strava for awhile but only to look at other people's stuff. Haven't uploaded my own.

Joined the group but not sure if I will take the extra step of uploading my data to another location.... we'll see!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)


First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Strava Group

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:33 pm

ultraslacker wrote:I've been on strava for awhile but only to look at other people's stuff. Haven't uploaded my own.

Joined the group but not sure if I will take the extra step of uploading my data to another location.... we'll see!


Mine loads automatically from Garmin Connect, but I don't always go to Strava to edit so I end up with generic titles like "06/29/2015 Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada" and sometimes "runs" which are really walks.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
ultraslacker
Site Admin
Posts: 46890
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:33 pm
Location: paradise
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:35 pm

I haven't been using garmin connect. I'm installing garmin express now to try it out but if it's a PITA I know I won't get in the habit of using it.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)


First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

User avatar
ultraslacker
Site Admin
Posts: 46890
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:33 pm
Location: paradise
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:41 pm

ultraslacker wrote:I haven't been using garmin connect. I'm installing garmin express now to try it out but if it's a PITA I know I won't get in the habit of using it.


disregard. garmin express won't install. And it doesn't say why, just "Failed. Try again?".

Garmin software has always been the most annoying.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)


First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Strava Group

Postby Jwolf » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:42 pm

ultraslacker wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:I haven't been using garmin connect. I'm installing garmin express now to try it out but if it's a PITA I know I won't get in the habit of using it.


disregard. garmin express won't install. And it doesn't say why, just "Failed. Try again?".

Garmin software has always been the most annoying.


Grr.... yes it has.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby eme » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Running Goddess wrote:I am in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally found Kendra on Strava :lol:

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby eme » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:57 pm

Jwolf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:I haven't been using garmin connect. I'm installing garmin express now to try it out but if it's a PITA I know I won't get in the habit of using it.


disregard. garmin express won't install. And it doesn't say why, just "Failed. Try again?".

Garmin software has always been the most annoying.


Grr.... yes it has.

I was so happy to find that I could ditch uploading via garmin software when I switched to a android phone.

User avatar
ultraslacker
Site Admin
Posts: 46890
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:33 pm
Location: paradise
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:58 pm

it looks like the only way for me to add them (since I can't get garmin connect/express to work) is to export each activity from sporttracks and then upload it. PITA but I will try it for a bit and see how it goes.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)


First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

User avatar
IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Re: Strava Group

Postby IronGoddess » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:08 am

I am finding so many bugs with my Garmin 910 these days. I really am not happy. I always seem to have corrupt files and now the elevation will not work. I just bought it in the fall and now I am wishing I waited and bought the 920. And why are the corrupt files always the ones I want to see the most.
Thanks for creating the Strava group.
IMC 2015

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Strava Group

Postby Jwolf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:22 am

Kendra - Bring it back to where you got it- you're still under warranty.
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby eme » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:45 am

I have had the corrupted file issue on my 310xt. What worked for me was deleting all of the activity files.

t sucks to lose the corrupted one, but it seems to fix the issue. I generally try to delete the files once every couple of weeks.

Since your elevation isn't working as well, I agree either take it back (not sure where you got it) or contact Garmin customer service since you are still under warranty.

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Strava Group

Postby La » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 am

eme wrote:
Jwolf wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:
ultraslacker wrote:I haven't been using garmin connect. I'm installing garmin express now to try it out but if it's a PITA I know I won't get in the habit of using it.


disregard. garmin express won't install. And it doesn't say why, just "Failed. Try again?".

Garmin software has always been the most annoying.


Grr.... yes it has.

I was so happy to find that I could ditch uploading via garmin software when I switched to a android phone.

Ditto! And thanks for the most awesome tip - it's changed my life for the better!
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
IronGoddess
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 4533
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Victoria, B.C.

Re: Strava Group

Postby IronGoddess » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:09 am

I bought it at the NYC race expo. I will call Garmin this afternoon, I really want/need the elevation data.
IMC 2015

User avatar
Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 37476
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Strava Group

Postby Jwolf » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:13 am

Garmin has really good service. :)
Support me in my fundraising for the Boston Marathon, Boston Public Library team:
https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign ... iferwolf11

User avatar
Annelizabeth
Bruce Kidd
Posts: 840
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 am
Location: Hanover, ON
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby Annelizabeth » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:46 am

Just added myself. Only use strava on the bike with my phone. My garmin is pretty basic, and I am too lazy to upload data.

trixiee
Lynn Williams
Posts: 17644
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:26 pm

Re: Strava Group

Postby trixiee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:24 pm

Do you need to be a premium member of strava? I cant seem to find the group... :(
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby eme » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:28 pm

trixiee wrote:Do you need to be a premium member of strava? I cant seem to find the group... :(


No, you don't need to be a premium member.

Here is the link:

https://www.strava.com/clubs/runningmania

trixiee
Lynn Williams
Posts: 17644
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 6:26 pm

Re: Strava Group

Postby trixiee » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:29 pm

thanks Colleen!
http://connect.garmin.com/profile/trixiee14

Why fit in when you were born to stand out?
~ Dr. Suess~
Life is short. Drink the good wine first!

User avatar
Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton
Posts: 5044
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:31 am
Location: Bradford, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Strava Group

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:56 pm

I've joined as well :)


Return to “Gearing Up”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests