Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Re:

Postby Double Bellybuster » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:40 am

ultraslacker wrote:holabird?

www.holabirdsports.com

:)

+1. I was just about to mention this. Great mail order. If you have a future trip to Washington/Baltimore, pick up in person.
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

shannybear13
Johnny Miles

Re: Stores - Running Apparel

Postby shannybear13 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:38 pm

by bgroot » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:24 pm

For places here in London, both the Running Room and Runner's Choice can be helpful in finding shoes and gels and some routes for running and all that. Great staff at both stores. Lululemon is also a good place to go for great clothing and run accessories as well as info on community events and yoga classes and many stores have a run club once a week. I work there, and with my running background, its always great to be able to chat with some out of towners about their running and training.

+1 for runners choice - super friendly helpful staff! They will always give you an honest opinion answer and have great training programs

+1 for lululemon - expensive yes, always friendly staff and their products are worth it

Also the under armor outlet in Birch Run. It is a few hours away but worth the drive. UA makes some of my fav running gear especially sports bras. I have never had anything come close to theirs. Also Winners usually has some good finds if you are down for the digging.
2012 events:
Dublin Dash 5k - 28:04 (pb), Rock CF Half Marathon - 2:33, McFarlan Downtown 5k - 31:11, Martian Marathon (half marathon) - 2:30:44, Run for Retina 10k - 1:08 | Toronto Younge St 10k 1:03:06| Toronto Goodlife Half Marathon 2:32:39| Cleveland Rite Aid Marathon 2:41:41 | Midsummer Night Run (London, ON) 33:35:85 |Oasis Zoo Run 1:08:54.6| Island Girl Half Marathon 2:38:49.5 |Scotiabank waterfront HALF marathon 2:41:xx| Detroit Marathon (FIRST FULL) 5:59:XX| Yonge St 10k 1:06:05| Toronto Goodlife Half Marathon| Sportinglife 10k| Philidelphia Marahton (full)|

oink

Postby oink » Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 am

I have seen the store Holabird pop up a lot in numerous posts, is this the one stop online store that most on here go to purchase stuff then for the best price around?

I have a mailbox (with proper mailing address) across the border and can usually be there in 45min - 1hr from my location when I have stuff shipped there.

I read that certain store don't ship shoes to Canada anymore? I need a couple of shoes and some apparel for the coming winter.

Thx

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:32 pm

oink wrote:I have seen the store Holabird pop up a lot in numerous posts, is this the one stop online store that most on here go to purchase stuff then for the best price around?

I have a mailbox (with proper mailing address) across the border and can usually be there in 45min - 1hr from my location when I have stuff shipped there.

I read that certain store don't ship shoes to Canada anymore? I need a couple of shoes and some apparel for the coming winter.

Thx

I think it's not that Holabird can't ship to Canada, it's that they can't ship certain brands to Canada. But if you're that close to the border, I'd ship there anyway to avoid the shipping cost. Especially if you can combine the trips. I do that pretty frequently.
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:08 pm

They aren't allowed to ship certain brands to Canada.

Some have run into the problem of the shipping address (if you have a US PO Box) not matching the address on the credit card. It's always worth a phone call to holabird since they are usually pretty willing to make arrangements!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ngcaper
Tom Longboat

Postby ngcaper » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:55 am

Try runningwarehouse.com it's US based and will ship to the UPS store in Odgensburg. I normally have it sent to hotels on my many trips to the US. I've had good luck, as long as it's something I already own and am sure fits correctly. Had bad luck with shoes I just assumed would be the right size, and won't do that again. I've typically bought local, then if I like the shoes bought the additional pairs before they change versions at the RW.
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of lifes problems.

2015 Races:
The Limberlost Challenge 56k
Dam Wakley Damn 55k
I2P Run 50k
Grand 2 Grand 273k

Double Bellybuster
Bill Crothers

Postby Double Bellybuster » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:03 am

ultraslacker wrote:They aren't allowed to ship certain brands to Canada.

Mizuno is a manufacturer that does not block mail imports to Canada. you can buy these from Holabird and others.

Beware Roadrunner. They have a 'VIP' promotion that is in fact a scam that will charge your credit card for years.
I am fortunate to have Running Free as a sponsor. I like to keep silly stats and maps of my Daily Neighbourhood Tours, Races and Marathons run in a Silly Yellow Shirt.

Return to “Gearing Up”