swelling in my foot tendon...

The grisly details and tales of the road back

tgilpin
Bruce Kidd

swelling in my foot tendon...

Postby tgilpin » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:13 am

I am 12 days away from running the Philly Marathon and I am having an issue with my left foot. It started about 2 weeks ago. I have a rather large area of swelling (sort of a nodule) on I believe the anterior tibial tendon. It is the large tendon that sticks out when you flex your foot (on the inside of your foot). Anyway, I noticed it about 2 weeks ago and it wasn't really bothering me. On my last long run of 33 km on Saturday I was feeling some pain/soreness around that area and just at the very bottom of my shin. Not enough to make me stop running but it was uncomfortable.

I was thinking it was some kind of tendinitis, but when I looked that up it say's you experience redness, heat over the tendon and sharp pain on flexing - which I don't have. It is simply a large bump on that tendon and was only sore when I was running.

Anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of going to the doctor but thought I would just rest, ice and advil until "after" my marathon...then go to the doctor if it is still there :D
2014 Races
Chilly Half Marathon Mar.2 - made it to the finish line
Mississauga Half Marathon - May 4
Philladelphia Full Marathon - Nov.23

Robbie-T
Jerome Drayton

Re: swelling in my foot tendon...

Postby Robbie-T » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 am

tgilpin wrote:... thought I would just rest, ice and advil until "after" my marathon...then go to the doctor if it is still there :D

I think this would be what I would do too, and to take it easy until the marathon, try not to let it flare up anymore.
Mississauga Marathon - 2:52
Around the Bay - 1:58
Click>> Race History
ItsMyRun.com

"If I'm running, it will be a good run" - Robbie-T

"I just hope that people look at it and say, 'Hey if this yahoo can do it, then I can do it too.' That'd be cool if people thought that. It's just a matter of putting the miles in and working. It's not so much how much talent you have. I hope." - Brian Sell.

"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the Gift." - Pre

Return to “Injuries and Recovery”