Podiatrist in Toronto/GTA

The grisly details and tales of the road back

Vic
Percy Williams

Podiatrist in Toronto/GTA

Postby Vic » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:44 am

Would anyone recommend a good podiatrist in GTA/Toronto who specializes in running sport injuries? I have issues with metatarsalgia..
Thank you!
Running is cheaper than therapy...
------Running gives me hope.............

5km
Bill Crothers

Re: Podiatrist in Toronto/GTA

Postby 5km » Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:27 pm

I don't know any podiatrists but you might want to try what I did.

I had pain in the ball of one foot and treated it by applying anti-inflammatory cream after running and placing foam metatarsal pads (taped in place) in my shoes. The pads should be placed behind the balls of the feet to take the pressure off the metatarsal heads. I used them in both shoes to maintain symmetry. It took a while but helped eventually.

Vic
Percy Williams

Postby Vic » Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:47 am

5km wrote:I don't know any podiatrists but you might want to try what I did.

I had pain in the ball of one foot and treated it by applying anti-inflammatory cream after running and placing foam metatarsal pads (taped in place) in my shoes. The pads should be placed behind the balls of the feet to take the pressure off the metatarsal heads. I used them in both shoes to maintain symmetry. It took a while but helped eventually.

Thank you for your suggestion, unfortunately I've been suffering with this for many years and I've done a lot of things ( special orthotics, shoes, acupuncture..just to name a few). I am ok for a few months after I change the shoes/orthotics but as soon as I start to increase the milage, it always comes back. Very frustrating.

haleyfer

Postby haleyfer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:23 pm

You may want to try Olympus Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre, http://olympusphysiotherapy.ca, 647-345-8008, they have helped 3 of my friends, 2 of which had similar problems to yours. Good luck and continued running, nothing like running.

Vic
Percy Williams

Postby Vic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:23 am

haleyfer wrote:You may want to try Olympus Physiotherapy and Wellness Centre, http://olympusphysiotherapy.ca, 647-345-8008, they have helped 3 of my friends, 2 of which had similar problems to yours. Good luck and continued running, nothing like running.

Thank you!! I am happy to report that I found a great doc and he diagnosed morton's neuroma and I've had laser treatments and my neuroma is 90% better. I am now able to run for 2.5 hrs while before I could not even run for 20 minutes :D

Return to “Injuries and Recovery”