Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby QuickChick » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:13 pm

Omg yes she IS so cute!!!!! I love the one with the purple blanket in the basket best (though I love them all). Awesome job Jes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:40 pm

I'm tired and don't really want to run. QC what did you do today? I know scrummy did 2 miles this morning...
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

AndyM wrote:
jes wrote:
post a pic of MY cutie....i am not too sleep deprived and busy just incompetent at posting pictures on here!

How's this? :D

http://jephotography.ca/?p=1570
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:53 am

Love them all Jes :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:09 am

He-he. thanks Jes...although there's a whole lotta me in there too! :oops: But we love your photos! :D

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Great pictures
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:27 pm

IronColl wrote:I'm tired and don't really want to run. QC what did you do today? I know scrummy did 2 miles this morning...

Ummmmmm ran !!! Go run !!!!
IC... Earmuffs!!
Everyone else... I went into school for carols and to show Nathaniel off, visited a friend, and was stuck in gridlock most of the day. Oh and I nursed pretty much all day it seemed! No time for a run. I'm doing 10km tomorrow though!!!
Ok IC you can take off the earmuffs. Enjoy your run!!

"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:52 pm

I didn't run yesterday but I did today. I have 2 very hard spin classes planned for tomorrow and Saturday then will run Sunday. Let me know your pace so I can be sure to run faster. :lol:

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Yesterday I managed 5:41 for 6km on 3 non consecutive hours of sleep... Lol.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:34 pm

QuickChick wrote:Yesterday I managed 5:41 for 6km on 3 non consecutive hours of sleep... Lol.
[/url]

Mine was faster, but I'm not going to tell you by how much. I don't want you working too hard. :lol:

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Good job IC!! I didn't do my 10 km yesterday OR run today because of stupid winter weather. It's super icy here. I may check out the TM situation at the local rec centre tomorrow. I won't be joining there- it's over $500 for a yearly membership!! Wow. I know that's not crazy for a gym, but the rec centres in TO were $15/month and cheaper for a year! And somehow my property tax is about double what it was in TO... Hmmmm. Anyway I digress. For the number of times I actually use the TM, just doing a drop in fee may work ok .

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:58 am

QuickChick wrote:Good job IC!! I didn't do my 10 km yesterday OR run today because of stupid winter weather. It's super icy here. I may check out the TM situation at the local rec centre tomorrow. I won't be joining there- it's over $500 for a yearly membership!! Wow. I know that's not crazy for a gym, but the rec centres in TO were $15/month and cheaper for a year! And somehow my property tax is about double what it was in TO... Hmmmm. Anyway I digress. For the number of times I actually use the TM, just doing a drop in fee may work ok .

I was so disappointed for you when I saw that you weren't able to make the trek! I ran outside yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. Denis was gone for a week, then it was really snowy, then it was really cold, then really snowy again. There was a fair bit of snow out yesterday morning but we still had a good time.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:10 am

When you say "we" do you mean you and C? Dear gawd, you are not pushing a stroller in this are you? I feel "off" my running the past couple weeks. :( I managed 14K on the TM yesterday which was a "win" but overall I've been doing less mileage than usual. Good job to all those getting all the running in over this busy and snowy/blowy/cold/icy time!!

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:15 am

AndyM wrote:When you say "we" do you mean you and C? Dear gawd, you are not pushing a stroller in this are you? I feel "off" my running the past couple weeks. :( I managed 14K on the TM yesterday which was a "win" but overall I've been doing less mileage than usual. Good job to all those getting all the running in over this busy and snowy/blowy/cold/icy time!!

oh god no! I meant me and my running buddies! thankfully the snow slows them down so I can still keep up!

We are hoping to get out with the stroller on Christmas day for our annual Christmas morning family run - but DH will be pushing through the muck!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:32 am

Confession: My last run was Nov. 28th, and it was a short treadmill run.

Snow + cold + dark + my regular November blues + head/chest cold = zero motivation.

The boys start preschool in January, and I have set it up so that I have time with both of them in preschool that I can put Mo in childcare and run on the indoor track. (Or run with her in the stroller).

I was dreaming about running last night (there was no snow in my dream!) so I am missing it.

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:42 am

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
AndyM wrote:When you say "we" do you mean you and C? Dear gawd, you are not pushing a stroller in this are you? I feel "off" my running the past couple weeks. :( I managed 14K on the TM yesterday which was a "win" but overall I've been doing less mileage than usual. Good job to all those getting all the running in over this busy and snowy/blowy/cold/icy time!!

oh god no! I meant me and my running buddies! thankfully the snow slows them down so I can still keep up!

We are hoping to get out with the stroller on Christmas day for our annual Christmas morning family run - but DH will be pushing through the muck!

I thought you meant with C too! I'm glad it was with your running buddies :D

Sounds like a great tradition... might have to do that with our family :think:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Miss*Smiles wrote:
Sounds like a great tradition... might have to do that with our family :think:

We've been doing it for years now. We open stockings, go for our short run, come home and have breakfast, then do gifts (if we exchange - we don't always give each other presents). We pick a route that goes by lots of houses, so we can peek in everyone's windows! :oops:
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:15 am

I ran yesterday for the first time in over a week! I took a rest day last thurs in anticipation of my big 10 km on Friday, which didn't happen because of STUPID WINTER and the STUPID ICE STORM. Thanks Jesse for the sympathy! :) It has been way too icy to run outside, we lost power and Christmas Eve/Christmas Day were crazy. Oh well! We're house sitting and they have a TM here, hooray! I did 5 km yesterday as a progression, mostly bc TM running is boring so I kept bumping up the speed. My last km was under 5:00 pace!!! Woohoo!! I think that might be my first pp sub 5:00 km. It felt pretty good- I was glad to only go a km, but then again it was the end of the run too. We hope to go down to TO for the Hair of the Dog run on NY Day- it's 9km. We'll see!! I want to know the paths won't be sheer ice. :? Stupid winter.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:53 am

Great job QC! It is exciting when you can see your running getting back closer to your old times. YOu are doing amazing.

I, on the other hand, am one of only a handful of people here at the office today and have already eaten quite a bit of chocolate. Planning on getting out for a run at lunch! I've been doing far too much of my running on the TM and it is nearly killing me.

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:18 pm

Way to go Lisa!

Andrea - enjoy the lunch run!

i've been taking advantage of the holidays to get outside for some runs, and wow, have I ever slowed down! I don't feel so bad on the treadmill, but outside is a whole different story! Still grateful to be running though!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:59 pm

Ah, don't sweat it Jesse- the footing is likely most of the reason for the slower pace. Also the extra winter layers probably add some weight. :) I think it's awesome you're still running!
I think I overdid it a bit yesterday with my little progression run- my IT band complained today after about 13 minutes on the TM. I was bored again, and I had decided to do km's 1, 3 and 5 easy and km's 2 and 4 at 5:00 pace, to break up the run. Oddly, it was during the third (easy) km that I felt the twinges. Probably because I slowed down my turnover. It's not too bad, but I figured it was better to stop and give it a day off tomorrow than to press on and have to take a few days off.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:16 pm

Great running QC and thanks for idea for my run tomorrow.

Seriously though, remember your ligaments are still stretched and there is still relaxin in your body. Take it easy (and only 5% of that is so I can be faster).

scrummy keep it up! It's awesome you're still running.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:42 pm

Great job ladies! SOrry to hear you are hurting a little QC. Sounds like you have a good plan for the next couple of days. Yes, scrummy, the footing adds sooooo much time. I have noticed I am a lot slower these days too when outside. I managed my 10K at lunch :D

2014 Races:

Personal Bests:

pts
Lynn Williams

Postby pts » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I just wanted to pop in to say I am in awe of all you mommas running! I have been continually sidelined with an injury that does not want to get better (seriously, I am sooo sick of limping!), but hope that a rest from babywearing/stroller pushing to school and back will give my achilles the rest it needs to get back at it. Meanwhile, I have been getting my yoga on and really loving it! I did a december session at a local place and went about 3x a week. So nice and stress-relieving!
Lady of the Order of the Velour Track Suit

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:31 pm

I"m trying to really get my heart back into running....by signing up for ATB! :)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Return to “The Scenic Route”