Another Rider Says Lance Armstrong Took EPO

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Re:

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 11:22 am

turd ferguson wrote:If he was innocent, why would he hire lawyers?????

OMG, did you actually just type that???? Wow!

I love how the haters spend more time on this than those who chose the "inocent until PROVEN guilty in a court of law" thingy.
Get out, go for a run....train, do something AWAY from the Star and Globe!!

(Send me to prison now if any of these dudes are on a jury where I havebeen accused of ANYTHING!)

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
Berlin Marathon September 25
Chicago Marathon October 9
NYC Marathon November 6

...raising funds and awareness for the EVERYMAN Campaign!

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

Sorry BMan - I thought if I typed something patently ridiculous enough the sarcasm would be apparent. Apparently its harder than I thought.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Re:

Postby deerdree » Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

turd ferguson wrote:Sorry BMan - I thought if I typed something patently ridiculous enough the sarcasm would be apparent. Apparently its harder than I thought.

i knew you were being sarcastic based on the number of punctuation marks. :wink:

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Re:

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 11:33 am

turd ferguson wrote:Sorry BMan - I thought if I typed something patently ridiculous enough the sarcasm would be apparent. Apparently its harder than I thought.

lol.....I should have considered the source and his profession, now that I think about it!
:help:

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Re: Re:

Postby MINITEE » Thu May 26, 2011 11:38 am

deerdree wrote:

i knew you were being sarcastic based on the number of punctuation marks. :wink:

Moi aussi! Turd never uses sarcasm.. ever....

But seriously.. This is a bit ridiculous..

Oh.. the horse moved again, someone get a stick.

I think that Mark. has said it best. There are haters, the people who get joy out of seeing people (whether guilty or innocent) being torn down/shredded in the public eye. Yes, he may be arrogant, but the man has single-handedly brought cancer awareness to the fore front. The Livestrong organization is recognized everywhere.

Can any of the haters say that they have had that sort of influence over the masses?

Just a question.

And no, I'm not going to get into the debate, I just wanted to interject for a moment because this whole thread: while I have been desperately trying to ignore it, is pretty difficult to sit and watch the silliness.
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 am

turd ferguson wrote:
Sorry BMan - I thought if I typed something patently ridiculous enough the sarcasm would be apparent. Apparently its harder than I thought.

lol.....I should have considered the source and his profession, now that I think about it!
:help:

B

The frightening thing is that on the cycling message boards there are probably people right now typing the same things, using their cute abbreviations for lance, and they ARE serious.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 11:50 am

MINITEE wrote: the man has single-handedly brought cancer awareness to the fore front.

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ever hear of Terry Fox?

Besides that, I think we're all very aware of cancer. For me, I see the 5 inch scar on my wife's arm every day. That's a pretty good reminder.

Screw awareness, let's cure it!

I quote this comment from "ant1" from podiumcafe.com

i am not a big fan of celebrity charities in general, although some of them do excellent work. and if you consider LAF’s goal to be to raise awareness of lance around the world, bringing him more endorsements, sending traffic to his for profit website and paying for his livestyle, then it’s one of the best run foundations in the world. if the goal is trying to have a positive impact on the world, it is a disgrace.

Lance is a "cancer profiteer". And that is why Lance disgusts me so much.

BTW, did you know that an early teammate of Lance developed the exact same cancer as him? Apparently applying steroid patches to your gonads for performance enhancement has side effects...
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Re: Another Rider Says Lance Armstrong Took EPO

Postby drghfx » Thu May 26, 2011 12:00 pm

I got this off the Globe. It's from one of Lance's new lawyers. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le2035600/

Keker on Thursday criticized leaks of testimony to the media in the Armstrong case and called the investigation a waste of money.

“We know Novitzky and plan to prove that these are his repeated, illegal leaks aimed solely at destroying a true hero, not just in sports but in the fight against cancer,” he said. “That the government is spending tax money investigating long ago bike races in Europe is an outrage.”

Looks like his boy just brought cancer into the discussion of his cheating. I think that is pretty low.

BTW, I do care what others think. I like to hear both sides.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 pm

mytrilife wrote:
MINITEE wrote: the man has single-handedly brought cancer awareness to the fore front.

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ever hear of Terry Fox?

Besides that, I think we're all very aware of cancer. For me, I see the 5 inch scar on my wife's arm every day. That's a pretty good reminder.

Screw awareness, let's cure it!

I quote this comment from "ant1" from podiumcafe.com

i am not a big fan of celebrity charities in general, although some of them do excellent work. and if you consider LAF’s goal to be to raise awareness of lance around the world, bringing him more endorsements, sending traffic to his for profit website and paying for his livestyle, then it’s one of the best run foundations in the world. if the goal is trying to have a positive impact on the world, it is a disgrace.

Lance is a "cancer profiteer". And that is why Lance disgusts me so much.

BTW, did you know that an early teammate of Lance developed the exact same cancer as him? Apparently applying steroid patches to your gonads for performance enhancement has side effects...

Now you are just beng rude! :naughty:

Does LAF pay for Lance's travel, income...yada yada? Unless you KNOW it, don't spew it!
Not sure if you have ever worked with anyone who is charitable, but the lines are clear as to where the money goes when it is a regstered charity.

As a cancer survivor and a person who spends a great deal of MY time, and even more of MY life savings spreading the cancer awareness word around the world, I beg you.....please don't ever fight for me or defend anything I stand for. Survivors live on hope and POSITVE vibes bro....you...nothin but bitterness and anger. turn it around and DO something with it!
B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

DougG
Jerome Drayton

Postby DougG » Thu May 26, 2011 12:10 pm

As a cancer survivor and a person who spends a great deal of MY time, and even more of MY life savings spreading the cancer awareness word around the world, I beg you.....please don't ever fight for me or defend anything I stand for. Survivors live on hope and POSITVE vibes bro....you...nothin but bitterness and anger. turn it around and DO something with it!

Well done BMan.
injured
Snowflake 10k....stopped at 5k
Rest of the year a write off because of injury.
Snowflake 10k Jan 1 done
Run 4 Kids 10k Jan 7 done
Harry's Spring Run Off 8k. April 8 a disaster, but I finished
Centurion 50k at Horseshoe Valley (cycling) done
Centurion 50 miler at Blue Mountain (cycling) done.....barely!
Snowflake 5k, Dec 16 - done
Harry Rosen 8k. April. done
Rotary 5k fun run. May. done
CANI 10k. June. done
Canada Day 10k. July. done
Barrie Waterfront 5k. Aug. done
CANI 10 k. Oct. done
Base Borden Army Run 10k. done

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 12:18 pm

In 2009 Livestrong
- spent a total of $4,195,187 on advertising. Only $401,709 of this was to promote fundraising activities.
- spent $1,922,995 on travel expenses. Of this just $187,680 was related to fundraising.
- Board members promised to donate a total of $5,470,971 (donations are tax deductible) but managed to donate just $908,091
- legal expenses of $9,418,842 in a year... how does a charity spend that much on legal fees?

That's just publicly available knowledge. Can't wait to read what the financial investigators have uncovered.
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

A question for Bman. How much did you raise for your London marathon?
Epictetus

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 12:44 pm

mytrilife wrote:A question for Bman. How much did you raise for your London marathon?

Not sure where you are going with this.....but:
AWARENESS: TONS, BBC interviews seen by millions, print, media, radio, other runners, our blog, FB...etc.
MONEY: just under NINE THOUSAND.

.....and?

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

waynerdog
Jerome Drayton

Postby waynerdog » Thu May 26, 2011 1:19 pm

mytrilife wrote:...Lance doped.

And if you think doping is the worst thing Lance has done... think again. Money laundering, tax evasion, fraud... and more.

Disclaimer: I don't care about this debate and am not going to state my opinion one way or the other.

With that out of the way, I would like to pose the following question: Are you are of the meaning of "libel" and the legal issues you could potentially be creating for yourself by making statements like that? (I am assuming, of course, that you do not have actual evidence stored in your garage or in an old bike box or something of positive drug test results and financial records substantiating the statements you have made.) Were it me, I might be concerned about saying such things as facts, rather than with the qualification "I think" or "I believe". Not only have you made allegedly factual statements which I suspect you cannot substantiate, but you have chosen to do so on a public forum. Best of luck with that.

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 2:00 pm

waynerdog wrote:
mytrilife wrote:...Lance doped.

And if you think doping is the worst thing Lance has done... think again. Money laundering, tax evasion, fraud... and more.

Disclaimer: I don't care about this debate and am not going to state my opinion one way or the other.

With that out of the way, I would like to pose the following question: Are you are of the meaning of "libel" and the legal issues you could potentially be creating for yourself by making statements like that? (I am assuming, of course, that you do not have actual evidence stored in your garage or in an old bike box or something of positive drug test results and financial records substantiating the statements you have made.) Were it me, I might be concerned about saying such things as facts, rather than with the qualification "I think" or "I believe". Not only have you made allegedly factual statements which I suspect you cannot substantiate, but you have chosen to do so on a public forum. Best of luck with that.

I think Lance's legal team has bigger problems at the moment.
Epictetus

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Thu May 26, 2011 3:55 pm

I'll say one thing, Lance is certainly quite the lightning rod here on RM!!!
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Edward
Tom Longboat

Postby Edward » Thu May 26, 2011 4:31 pm

Blah blah blah blah, here we go again.

I am disgusted with myself for even reading this thread and wasting 30 seconds writing this.
Edward

January 2012- New Year`s Day Marathon and Run4Rkids 6 Hour Ultra
February 2012 - Melbourne Beach Marathon
March 2012 - Around the Bay
April 2012 - Paris to Ancaster Cycling Race and the "No Wimp" Challenge 21k and 50 k in Michigan
May 2012 - Sulphur Springs 50 k
June 2012 - Niagara 100 k -first ever DNF
July 2012 - Badwater Ultramarathon (crew member)
August 2012 - Beast of Burden 50 Miler
September 2012 - Run for Heros Marathon
October 2012 - Vulture Bait 50 k
November 2012 - Road2Hope Marathon and JFK 50 Miler
December 2012 - Have to find a race to make it an even dozen.

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Thu May 26, 2011 5:22 pm

Edward wrote:Blah blah blah blah, here we go again.

I am disgusted with myself for even reading this thread and wasting 30 seconds writing this.

This is nothing compared to the forums at cycling news. They have a Lance thread thats 68 pages long, been going since before Christmas and pages of it are devoted to people arguing over Livestrong expensing jet fuel. :lol: Utterly ridiculous, but hey, all my favourite reality TV shows are in hiatus at the moment! :lol:

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 5:25 pm

TheBman wrote:
mytrilife wrote:A question for Bman. How much did you raise for your London marathon?

Not sure where you are going with this.....but:
AWARENESS: TONS, BBC interviews seen by millions, print, media, radio, other runners, our blog, FB...etc.
MONEY: just under NINE THOUSAND.

.....and?

B

So..............did you have a point to your question??????????????????????

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

AirForceRunner
Bill Crothers

Postby AirForceRunner » Thu May 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Gosh BMan....don't bring yourself to this level. This guy is a trolling, and he's taken it to the sewer.

I never frequent the darksider forum, but stories of this have leaked outside of RM. That should tell you something about this guy. And I'm biting my tongue.
http://www.itsmyrun.com/?display=myrace ... orceRunner

2011 Wishlist
Sulphur Springs 50 miler
Dirty Girls 12 hr night run
Haliburton 100 miler (gulp!)

"Try the meditation of the trail, just walk along looking at the trail at your feet and don't look about and just fall into a trance as the ground zips by..."
-Jack Kerouac

"I am no longer a runner, I am now a father who runs. I will let the running come to me and I will make the most of every km I am fortunate enough to receive."
-Smack

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Thu May 26, 2011 6:27 pm

AirForceRunner wrote:Gosh BMan....don't bring yourself to this level. This guy is a trolling, and he's taken it to the sewer.

I never frequent the darksider forum, but stories of this have leaked outside of RM. That should tell you something about this guy. And I'm biting my tongue.

Thanks AFR!!! I take what I do very seriously, it is a huge part of my life....so when someone takes a shot or insinuates something about what I do, then I take it personaly!

He asked, I answered.......now I would like to know WHY he wanted to know. I am honored that he has followed our journey though!!! lol

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 11:02 pm

TheBman wrote:
So..............did you have a point to your question??????????????????????

B

Ah forget it. I just had some thoughts on your methods of philanthropy... but I'm sure I'll just enrage the masses.
Last edited by Wu wei on Thu May 26, 2011 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Epictetus

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 pm

AirForceRunner wrote:Gosh BMan....don't bring yourself to this level. This guy is a trolling, and he's taken it to the sewer.

Trolling? I present facts widely available for those who choose to look for them. Which from what I can tell... is not many people here.

This is a discussion board and I'm one of the few that chooses to take an anti-Armstrong stance. For that I get bullied and berated and labeled bitter and angry.

That should tell you something about this board, and I'm biting my tongue... err.. fingers... since I'm typing.
Epictetus

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri May 27, 2011 12:24 am

I think we should make Lance Armstrong a banned topic, since every single time he comes up, people lose their heads. :lol:

I am neither pro-lance nor anti-lance (heck I'm not even a cyclist). I do know that I was "aware" of cancer long before I knew who the hell lance armstrong was (who isn't?!). I question what he's really *done*. It's really easy to get people hyped up and put a pretty face on a cause and say that you're raising "awareness" (whatever that means), without asking the next question: "who is actually benefitting from this?". And if people are devastated because their "hero" is being discounted, then maybe they need some perspective (I like that quote a couple of pages back about not idealizing people). Lance is not a god... he's a human, and he's subject to all of the flaws and failings that we all are.

In any case, sometimes it's good to take a deep breath and remind ourselves that this discussion, like most of them, is just a passing fancy... there have been other threads like this before and there will be again, and no one is ever going to be convinced that they're wrong. :P
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

TheBman
Jerome Drayton

Postby TheBman » Fri May 27, 2011 6:35 am

ultraslacker wrote:I think we should make Lance Armstrong a banned topic, since every single time he comes up, people lose their heads. :lol:

Umm....Hol...thats like saying we should ban "NET" cuz, really, this is a RUNNING FORUM...aint gonna happen!!!

ultraslacker wrote: I question what he's really *done*. It's really easy to get people hyped up and put a pretty face on a cause and say that you're raising "awareness" (whatever that means), without asking the next question: "who is actually benefitting from this?"

Wow Holly....do you think LIVESTRONG would have gotten off the ground without a "voice" or "character" that would reach the masses like LA?

ultraslacker wrote: It's really easy to get people hyped up and put a pretty face on a cause and say that you're raising "awareness" (whatever that means), without asking the next question: "who is actually benefitting from this?"

:( I have taken offense to many things on this board over the years, but THIS takes the cake!!!!!!

Um...the "awareness" that I raise has saved lives...several of them. Once I began speaking out, I have had individuals who have personaly thanked me for speaking out about a topic, that (at the time) was a bit tabu, who went and got that lump they had check and treated BECAUSEOF THE AWARENESS I WAS RAISING!!!. THAT is what it means! I am not sure you realize how many peeps on RM raise awareness and funds, but pretty sure you have slapped them all up side the head.
It's cool that you have never really supported my cause, but all the others?? Shame on you.
Do you think "Team Diabetes" runners wear their race singets because they lik purple? No, it is because AWARENESS is also part of being on a team like that.

The definition of "awareness" is in the dictionary.....take a peek!

Sad this awesome thread has now turned into this crap (as usual). Back to DOPE and less charity/cause/ bashing!!!!

B
The MARATHON GRAND SLAM!

London Marathon April 17
Boston Marathon April 18
NYC Marathon November 6

Return to “The Dark Side”