Another Rider Says Lance Armstrong Took EPO

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Another Rider Says Lance Armstrong Took EPO

Postby drghfx » Thu May 19, 2011 7:53 pm

From the Globe and Mail.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/m ... le2029050/

Now Tyler Hamilton is saying Armstrong took EPO.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Another Rider Says Lance Armstrong Took EPO

Postby HCcD » Thu May 19, 2011 7:58 pm

And, who would take the word of, yet another proven, Positive "Doper" ... :roll: :wink: :shifty:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

jamix
Bill Crothers

Postby jamix » Fri May 20, 2011 1:38 am

HCcD wrote:And, who would take the word of, yet another proven, Positive "Doper" ... :roll: :wink: :shifty:

Sadly too many.
2013 GOALS:

- Compete in the "Early Bird Sprint Triathlon" in May
- Run a 5km pb during the "Bushtukah Canada Day Road Race"
- Complete an Olympic distance triathlon
- Cycle > 33 km / hr during the cycle portion of a Sprint Triathlon.
- Stay healthy and happy

Races

April 28th: Manotick 10km (40:16)
May 18th: Ottawa Early Bird Sprint Triathlon (DNF)
June 8th: Riverkeeper SuperSprint (2nd overall)
July 1st: Bushtukah Canada Day 5km (18:37)

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Fri May 20, 2011 5:09 am

jamix wrote:
HCcD wrote:And, who would take the word of, yet another proven, Positive "Doper" ... :roll: :wink: :shifty:

Sadly too many.

I would say "Sadly too few".

All these "dopers" are/were Armstrong's friends. Why do so many of his friends, who were all dopers, want to falsely accuse Armstrong of taking PED's? Why? Besides, Frankie A. (forget his last name) and his wife both testified under oath that they heard Armstrong admit to his doctors that he took PEDs. Unless you folks know more than I, I don't think Frankie's wife has ever been caught doping.

As a matter of fact, can anyone come up with any instance of a "doper" where it was ever proven that they falsely accused a clean athlete of taking dope? Ever?
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 6:49 am

drghfx wrote:
jamix wrote:

Sadly too many.

I would say "Sadly too few".

All these "dopers" are/were Armstrong's friends. Why do so many of his friends, who were all dopers, want to falsely accuse Armstrong of taking PED's? Why? Besides, Frankie A. (forget his last name) and his wife both testified under oath that they heard Armstrong admit to his doctors that he took PEDs. Unless you folks know more than I, I don't think Frankie's wife has ever been caught doping.

As a matter of fact, can anyone come up with any instance of a "doper" where it was ever proven that they falsely accused a clean athlete of taking dope? Ever?

With friends like those ... :roll: :wink:

It's kinda interesting that LA has never been "officially" tested positive, despite being the most widely tested TdF Rider ... but, that is another story, err Conspiracy Theory ... They were probably just p*ssed off that they got caught, as they were not privy to the state-of-the-art counter-doping-protocols that their "Friend" and "Team Captain" utilized, to avoid being caught ... :wink:

If they were serious about this whole Doping thing, then, imo, they totally dropped the ball on the whole Contador affair ... had it been anyone else but a Spanish Rider, things may have turned out totally differently, imo ....

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri May 20, 2011 7:07 am

Jealousy perhaps.. as in LA earns more than "me" so I will do everything in my power to "eff" him over... The "I'm going to come out clean" act is getting old... just man up!
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

SteveF
Bill Crothers

Postby SteveF » Fri May 20, 2011 7:16 am

Lots of LA haters around eh? How come he's only rated a "4" here then? I think its pathetic how these so called friends are all insisting on taking people down with them. It's your ship captain - sink on your own.

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri May 20, 2011 7:20 am

There's a really good feature on Lance in the latest issue of Bicycling magazine (he's on the cover). Even the author of one of the articles - who has known and been close to Lance since Day 1, and never believed he was doping - is now saying that in his heart he believes that Lance did dope.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 7:49 am

SteveF wrote:Lots of LA haters around eh? How come he's only rated a "4" here then? I think its pathetic how these so called friends are all insisting on taking people down with them. It's your ship captain - sink on your own.

Sometimes, it may be just as easy to just prove who isn't doping/cheating ... :shifty: :wink:

Unlike, all the recent dopers, who eventually admitted to their SINS, and some facing Grand Jury Indictments for Perjury ... LA has stated on numerous occasions that he will never admit to anything ...

jamix
Bill Crothers

Postby jamix » Fri May 20, 2011 8:09 am

SteveF wrote:Lots of LA haters around eh? How come he's only rated a "4" here then? I think its pathetic how these so called friends are all insisting on taking people down with them. It's your ship captain - sink on your own.

+1.......Obviously Lance has made some lousy friends.
2013 GOALS:

- Stay healthy and happy

Races

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 9:25 am

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 9:40 am

Wonder how much Tyler Hamilton got paid from 60 Minutes? Or, how much publicity he expects to push his book release, as a result of his sudden change of heart, like Landis, after all these years of denying his doping allegations ?? :? :?

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/05/news/tyler-hamilton-tells-60-minutes-he-saw-armstrong-inject-epo_174594

jamix
Bill Crothers

Postby jamix » Fri May 20, 2011 9:41 am

Contador may be guilty, but I hope he is allowed to continue riding anyways. Cycling isn't as fun when the guys at the top aren't allowed to compete.
2013 GOALS:

- Stay healthy and happy

Races

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Fri May 20, 2011 9:47 am

HCcD wrote:It's kinda interesting that LA has never been "officially" tested positive, despite being the most widely tested TdF Rider ... but, that is another story, err Conspiracy Theory ...

Most of the Operation Puerto guys were tested as much as any rider, never failed a test - but were doping. The tests only catch the dopers who make a mistake.

La wrote:There's a really good feature on Lance in the latest issue of Bicycling magazine (he's on the cover). Even the author of one of the articles - who has known and been close to Lance since Day 1, and never believed he was doping - is now saying that in his heart he believes that Lance did dope.

A good article:
http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cycli ... gs-endgame

He basically says that Lance admitted it to him...

My catalyst was another one of those statements that was never said by someone I never talked with. It was not from one of Armstrong's opponents. It was not from anyone who will gain any clemency by affirming it under oath.

It was an admission that doping had occurred, one disguised so it could assume innocence but unmistakable to me in meaning. The moment I received it felt strangely like a relief, and after all these years unreal and apart from what was happening, like those odd instants that sometimes immediately follow the death of someone you love, when grief is eclipsed by gratitude that the suffering has ended.

jono
Visit my blog!

"If you want to be functional at 80, you better damn well pay attention at 40" -- Lew Hollander

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Fri May 20, 2011 9:52 am

HCcD wrote:If they were serious about this whole Doping thing, then, imo, they totally dropped the ball on the whole Contador affair ... had it been anyone else but a Spanish Rider, things may have turned out totally differently, imo ....

It was the Spanish federation that let him off - the UCI is appealing.

jono
Visit my blog!

"If you want to be functional at 80, you better damn well pay attention at 40" -- Lew Hollander

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri May 20, 2011 9:55 am

jonovision_man wrote:
La wrote:There's a really good feature on Lance in the latest issue of Bicycling magazine (he's on the cover). Even the author of one of the articles - who has known and been close to Lance since Day 1, and never believed he was doping - is now saying that in his heart he believes that Lance did dope.

A good article:
http://www.bicycling.com/news/pro-cycli ... gs-endgame

He basically says that Lance admitted it to him...

My catalyst was another one of those statements that was never said by someone I never talked with. It was not from one of Armstrong's opponents. It was not from anyone who will gain any clemency by affirming it under oath.

It was an admission that doping had occurred, one disguised so it could assume innocence but unmistakable to me in meaning. The moment I received it felt strangely like a relief, and after all these years unreal and apart from what was happening, like those odd instants that sometimes immediately follow the death of someone you love, when grief is eclipsed by gratitude that the suffering has ended.

Yeah, that's the part of the article I was referring to. But it's such a poorly-written paragraph that I actually had to read it three or four times to figure out what he was trying to say; and I STILL can't quite figure it out. :?

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 9:56 am

"Index of suspicion" – UCI president apologises for the leak but not the list

http://road.cc/content/news/35937-index-suspicion-%E2%80%93-uci-president-apologises-leak-not-list

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Fri May 20, 2011 9:59 am

La wrote:Yeah, that's the part of the article I was referring to. But it's such a poorly-written paragraph that I actually had to read it three or four times to figure out what he was trying to say; and I STILL can't quite figure it out. :?

I know! :) I get the impression he didn't really want to put this in ink... as you read the story you realize that he genuinely adores Lance, and I think he felt bad taking something said to him in confidence and publishing it in an article.

jono
Visit my blog!

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri May 20, 2011 10:06 am

jonovision_man wrote:
La wrote:Yeah, that's the part of the article I was referring to. But it's such a poorly-written paragraph that I actually had to read it three or four times to figure out what he was trying to say; and I STILL can't quite figure it out. :?

I know! :) I get the impression he didn't really want to put this in ink... as you read the story you realize that he genuinely adores Lance, and I think he felt bad taking something said to him in confidence and publishing it in an article.

jono

I guess that someone forgot to start the conversation with "Off the Record" ... :shifty: :lol: :wink:

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri May 20, 2011 10:12 am

I think he might also be trying to cover his butt. He's not saying he has proof, or that he's seen him dope, just that now he "believes" that he did, based on what some unnamed person may or may not have said.

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Fri May 20, 2011 10:21 am

La wrote:I think he might also be trying to cover his butt. He's not saying he has proof, or that he's seen him dope, just that now he "believes" that he did, based on what some unnamed person may or may not have said.

Hmm, I took it to mean it came from Lance himself... but you're right, as I read it again it's ambiguous.

Also found this, an interview with Strickland (article's author), kind of talks about the emotional tug-of-war he had publishing the article.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/playbooksand ... _bill.html

jono
Visit my blog!

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Sat May 21, 2011 6:21 am

Hincapie too:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/report- ... -took-peds

Writing, meet wall!

jono
Visit my blog!

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Sat May 21, 2011 8:44 am

That would indeed be very damning. Still it seems to be stuck at the rumour stage:

Have you seen http://facts4lance.com/?
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

Wu wei
Bruce Kidd

Postby Wu wei » Sat May 21, 2011 9:14 am

Gawd people. Do you all believe in Santa Claus too?

That's 5 ex-teammates now that have said Lance took drugs. All corroborating the same story.

Another half-dozen ex-teammates that have tested positive.

Lance doped.

If Hincapie, the most trusted guy in the peleton, a "brother" to Lance, squealing to the feds hasn't convinced you all that your hero is the dirtiest cyclist ever... I don't know what will beyond a confession from Lance himself. Which still might happen... as he's pretty screwed at this point.

And if you think doping is the worst thing Lance has done... think again. Money laundering, tax evasion, fraud... and more.
“It is not he who reviles or strikes you who insults you, but your opinion that these things are insulting.”
Epictetus

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Sat May 21, 2011 9:20 am

mytrilife wrote:Gawd people. Do you all believe in Santa Claus too?

That's 5 ex-teammates now that have said Lance took drugs. All corroborating the same story.

Another half-dozen ex-teammates that have tested positive.

Lance doped.

If Hincapie, the most trusted guy in the peleton, a "brother" to Lance, squealing to the feds hasn't convinced you all that your hero is the dirtiest cyclist ever... I don't know what will beyond a confession from Lance himself. Which still might happen... as he's pretty screwed at this point.

And if you think doping is the worst thing Lance has done... think again. Money laundering, tax evasion, fraud... and more.

I, personally never questioned whether he doped or not ... just commenting on the fact that, he was never officially tested "positive" in test protocol ... other than the sample that was supposed taken back in the late 1990's, and, secretely idenfied, that was tested with current test prototocls 7-10 years later in a Lab that lacked a bit of scruitny ... :shifty: :wink: :lol:

Return to “The Dark Side”