Tour de France 2016

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

purdy65
Abby Hoffman

Re: Tour de France 2016

Postby purdy65 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:25 pm

So when the winners are drinking champagne at the beginning of the stage - it's boring

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's not the size of the dog in the fight...it's the size of the fight in the dog! 11K Marker post - 2010 ATB.

Introducing 2017

GoodLife Half Marathon.
TBD

Dstew
Bill Crothers

Postby Dstew » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:01 pm

If one only looks at the overall, the Tour was relatively "boring". But for me, there was some real drama with regards to the Green and King of the Mountains. The move Sagan made to "win" was amazing. And after that, I thought there were a number of great and exciting stage victories. The concept, the idea of something in the middle of the pack having a great day and challenging if not winning a stage was so inspiring that I went out and bought a road bike.

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:51 am

Dstew wrote:If one only looks at the overall, the Tour was relatively "boring". But for me, there was some real drama with regards to the Green and King of the Mountains. The move Sagan made to "win" was amazing. And after that, I thought there were a number of great and exciting stage victories. The concept, the idea of something in the middle of the pack having a great day and challenging if not winning a stage was so inspiring that I went out and bought a road bike.

Did you get a hidden electric motor in it? That helps with the hills.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Dstew
Bill Crothers

Postby Dstew » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:22 pm

drghfx wrote:
Dstew wrote:If one only looks at the overall, the Tour was relatively "boring". But for me, there was some real drama with regards to the Green and King of the Mountains. The move Sagan made to "win" was amazing. And after that, I thought there were a number of great and exciting stage victories. The concept, the idea of something in the middle of the pack having a great day and challenging if not winning a stage was so inspiring that I went out and bought a road bike.

Did you get a hidden electric motor in it? That helps with the hills.

I am a huge believer in suffering so no motor for me. :D

jonovision_man
Bill Crothers

Postby jonovision_man » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:14 am

What I love about the Tour is the overall is just one of the many competitions going on... every stage is a battle for a "win", you have the various jersies, there's just a lot going on to get excited about.

Also saying the eventual winner was a foregone conclusion ignores the risk of calamity and losing minutes that exists in every single stage of the Tour... Froome hit the deck several times this race, could have easily lost the 3-4 minute cushion he had. He didn't, but it's happened before.

jono
Visit my blog!

"If you want to be functional at 80, you better damn well pay attention at 40" -- Lew Hollander

Return to “The Dark Side”