Donald Finally Does the Run in The Great White North

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
The Donald
Jerome Drayton

Donald Finally Does the Run in The Great White North

Postby The Donald » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:31 am

After 3 years of attempting to do the run portion of The Great White North Triathlon as part of a team entry, I finally got to complete it.

It was a warm, but not hot day in Stony Plain, as I awaited my cyclist to complete the bike portion of the triathlon. He was overdue by about 20 minutes from his projected time. We did our chip exchange and I was off. I pushed the start button on my Garmin to track my time and nothing happened. I did it again and still zero!!! So, I just decided to do a nice even pace and see what I could accomplish. I went through the course at what I thought was a reasonable pace and passed some and got passed by others.

I could count the distance markers, but didn't have a clue as to pace. So, I counted the distance markers up to 20k and knew 21.1 was coming soon. This was just to run a decent race, having not run many in recent history. I got to the final stretch, kicked up the pace a bit and crossed. Our team was happy to have done the best we could.

Today, I found out the time of my portion and found out that I was off a pb by 34 seconds. If I had only known, I could have had it!! Now, I am really looking forward to doing both half marathon and 10k distances and getting those pb's.
No one cares what I would do; therefore, I can do anything!!

I ran 42.2k; Let's see the other donald try to trump that

Return to “Run/Race Reports”