Habs Did the Distance

We want to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly!
Mark.AU
Bill Crothers

Re: Habs Did the Distance

Postby Mark.AU » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:36 pm

I don't have anything witty to add here, just congratulations and well done! I've said before how I'm in awe of your consistency and drive and this race just confirms what I already knew. Can't resist though... never say never... ;)
“We are what we think. / All that we are arises with our thoughts. / With our thoughts we make the world.” Dhammapada,

Robinandamelia
Jerome Drayton

Postby Robinandamelia » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:22 pm

Congratulations to you....you got it done and with a great time! It's so hard to get through something when you aren't feeling too good, and you did it. Well done....

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 am

Way to push through and get 'er done. You were really strong in your training, so it's a pity those stomach troubles slowed you down. You do have a nice new, shiny PB...well, until next time when you blow it away.
Nicholas

Events in 2018
Walking, Yoga, Soccer scrimmages and whatever else I can do
Hip replacement on September 10....now doing a variation of the None to Run plan

5km
Bill Crothers

Postby 5km » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:27 pm

Congratulations on finishing the race under difficult conditions.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:04 pm

Well done! Glad you were able to finish despite the new challenges. Looking forward to the next adventure!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:55 pm

Way to tough it out Sue. You are one of the most inspiring runners I feel honored to know. 8)
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

Tisha
Bill Crothers

Postby Tisha » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:03 pm

You are awesome! I bow down to your perseverance! Can't imagine having stomach troubles doing that distance! Way to stick it out!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:53 pm

Once again, you are all so generous with your kind comments.
Thanks. :D
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

CinC
Lynn Williams

Postby CinC » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Congratulations Sue! That's a great accomplishment and I never had a doubt that you would get through the training and be successful at the race - your determination is very admirable!

Agree on the sentiments - never say never....you realize you just jinxed yourself by writing that in your race report?

What was the deal with the 'mandatory' meeting? I have noticed a few comments about this, but never have seen the full story about it? Was it just a waste of time (kind of like the 'mandatory race meetings they have for triathlons which are really just a waste of time?)

So when you are doing your next 50k, especially if it's on a warmer day, you might consider salt tabs or nuun to help with the leg cramping. Just keep it in mind. You know. for your next 50.
Race Hard. Race Happy.

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:20 pm

Oh yeah, the MANDATORY meeting.
It was basically a waste of time. Hammie, Turd, Ian, and I were standing at the back of the room and it was like (what did Hammie say?) Charlie Brown's mom was talking! All we heard was "wha, wha, wha" distortion through the speakers. They had a tiny little route map posted and were pointing to the general areas of the turn arounds.
We pretty much heard the words "turn around first and wrist bands". That was about it.

Out on the course the signage and the volunteers did an excellent job of directing us the right way. If you couldn't follow the signs or the verbal directions you were probably in no shape to carry on anyway.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Ken B
Lynn Williams

Postby Ken B » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:45 pm

Congratulations on a great achievement, Susan. It was super to meet you at last and I look forward to someday running a marathon with you!! ( Top of Utah is in September!! ) :)

FishHog
Bruce Kidd

Postby FishHog » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:48 am

way to go Susan. Sorry about the stomach issues, but you still got it done.
For some odd reason my mind has been contemplating an Ultra.....I keep trying to shake that thought, but it keeps coming back.

congrats and well done.
In order to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish.

Return to “Run/Race Reports”