David's Tea

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Re: David's Tea

Postby RA. » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:28 pm

I tried and bought some Pumpkin Chai today. I also bought some of the Cream of Earl Grey (without trying it). Loving the pumpkin chai.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm

I placed an online order today for my new stash of teas, including: Banana Nut Bread, Organic Pure Vanilla, Organic Three Lemon Green and Strawberry Rhubarb Parfait. I'll post my thoughts on them when they have arrived and I've had time to sample them!
Carm

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Bought La La Lemon and Fantasy Island today. Just tried the lemon and it is yummy. If you spend $25 right now you get a free jar of honey. :D

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:21 am

Tori wrote:Bought La La Lemon and Fantasy Island today. Just tried the lemon and it is yummy. If you spend $25 right now you get a free jar of honey. :D

I missed the clover honey bonus by a couple of hours but emailed customer service and they added one to my order. That was really nice of them.
Carm

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:03 am

La la lemon really interest me! I hope it's a bit like electrifying lemon that doesn't exist anymore. Will have to check it out.

2 teas that smells so AWESOME but the taste is really disappointing are Organic Simply the zest and Main squeeze. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of green maté tea.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:58 am

Dr. S wrote:
2 teas that smells so AWESOME but the taste is really disappointing are Organic Simply the zest and Main squeeze. Maybe I'm just not a big fan of green maté tea.

I find that I'm not usually a fan of any of the green teas. (lime gelato, iced, is my one exception). For the mates, rooibos and purehs, it depends on the flavour. I mostly like the white, herbal and black teas as general preference.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks scrummy for the Fantasy Island rec. It is really nice, i love the toasted coconut scent.

Marg
Site Admin

Postby Marg » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:57 pm

After creeping this thread I went and bought Read my lips, glitter and gold and pumpkin chai. Can't wait to try them. :D
Chilly 1/2 - March 4
Montreal 1/2 - April 29
NCM 1/2 - May 27
Manitoba 1/2 - June 17
Army 1/2 - Sept

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:54 pm

Tori wrote:Thanks scrummy for the Fantasy Island rec. It is really nice, i love the toasted coconut scent.

glad you liked it! I think i'm on my fourth tin refill. I keep one in the office, and every time I drink it, someone asks what the delicious smell is.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:15 am

I have an empty tin and bag so I am going to David's tea tonight. Going to grab Fantasy island and la la lemon as other suggested. Looking forward to trying new teas tomorrow!
Sonia

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:17 am

I took my pumpkin chai home to enjoy on the weekend. Today I tried the cream of earl grey. I enjoyed it!
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:00 am

Tori wrote:Bought La La Lemon and Fantasy Island today. Just tried the lemon and it is yummy. If you spend $25 right now you get a free jar of honey. :D

What's the La La Lemon like? Might need to check that one out! I love fall - makes me want to drink tea all the time.

I'm really liking teas with nuts in them right now. Brazillionaire is a black tea with brazil nuts. I also really like Gold Rush, which is a white tea with mulberries.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Scrummy and others who've tried the Banana Nut Bread - I'm really wanting to try this one, but leary of the "artificial flavouring". While I know it's got banana pieces/slices, are you finding any hint of artifical banana flavouring?

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm

abirdd wrote:Scrummy and others who've tried the Banana Nut Bread - I'm really wanting to try this one, but leary of the "artificial flavouring". While I know it's got banana pieces/slices, are you finding any hint of artifical banana flavouring?

Send me your address in a PM and I'll ship you my small bag. Got it in the fall collection and don't even want to taste it. Not a big fan of banana stuff. Except the fruit itself....
Sonia

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:39 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:

What's the La La Lemon like? Might need to check that one out! I love fall - makes me want to drink tea all the time.

I'm really liking teas with nuts in them right now. Brazillionaire is a black tea with brazil nuts. I also really like Gold Rush, which is a white tea with mulberries.

The la la lemon smells beautiful. Has lemon and orange rind with black tea. Can taste the hint of lemon when you drink. Not super powerful but really pleasant.

abirdd
Bill Crothers

Postby abirdd » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Dr. S wrote:
abirdd wrote:Scrummy and others who've tried the Banana Nut Bread - I'm really wanting to try this one, but leary of the "artificial flavouring". While I know it's got banana pieces/slices, are you finding any hint of artifical banana flavouring?

Send me your address in a PM and I'll ship you my small bag. Got it in the fall collection and don't even want to taste it. Not a big fan of banana stuff. Except the fruit itself....

Exactly why I worry about this one. Thanks Sonia - PM on the way!

Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Postby Half-Mary » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:34 pm

abirdd wrote:
Dr. S wrote:

Exactly why I worry about this one. Thanks Sonia - PM on the way!

I couldn't get past the smell of this one to even try it. While I could smell the banana in it, it didn't smell like banana nut bread and it really turned me off.

I picked up another nut flavoured tea that I can't remember the name off, and the pumpkin chai.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:55 am

Pumpkin chai lovers, how do you prepare your tea? I simmered mine on the stove with 1 cup water and 1 cup milk and it was not good. Do you just make it like a regular cup of tea and add a splash of milk???

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 am

Tori wrote:Pumpkin chai lovers, how do you prepare your tea? I simmered mine on the stove with 1 cup water and 1 cup milk and it was not good. Do you just make it like a regular cup of tea and add a splash of milk???

It must be in my genes, but I drink all of my teas black. I have David's tea steeper and let it steep for the recommended time on the bag/tin.

abird: I'm going to try the Banana Nut Bread this afternoon. I'll report back on my impressions.
Carm

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:24 am

carm wrote:
Tori wrote:Pumpkin chai lovers, how do you prepare your tea? I simmered mine on the stove with 1 cup water and 1 cup milk and it was not good. Do you just make it like a regular cup of tea and add a splash of milk???

It must be in my genes, but I drink all of my teas black. I have David's tea steeper and let it steep for the recommended time on the bag/tin.

abird: I'm going to try the Banana Nut Bread this afternoon. I'll report back on my impressions.

I also drink them all black and I like pumpkin chai just like that!
Sonia

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 am

Dr. S wrote:
carm wrote:

I also drink them all black and I like pumpkin chai just like that!

Ok - I will attempt it tonight just black. I usually only drink tea black but thought since it was chai I needed to do something special with milk. If I hate it again, I may have a full 100g tin available to trade with someone.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:29 am

carm wrote:I'm going to try the Banana Nut Bread this afternoon. I'll report back on my impressions.

I couldn't wait. It's a very weird tea and does taste a bit artificial banana-y. Actually I dont' really taste any banana in this. I can finish this tin since there isn't much in 100g (due to the density of the material) but I wouldn't buy it again.
Carm

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:31 am

too bad! i saw that recipe on the website and was tempted to try it (even though i don't love pumpkin).

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:35 am

I just tried "Mango Madness" ... it's not for me. I don't enjoy fruity teas as much as other teas, so it wasn't one I expected to enjoy. It's part of the Sweet Indulgence sampler pack I bought.
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:55 am

I make mine one of two ways:

1 - like a regular cup of tea, then sweeten and add milk.

2 - like a "chai latte" - I brew a half mug of strong tea (using tea infuser), and then heat a half cup of milk separately (I usually microwave, but you can also do it on the stove) and then add the milk to the steeped tea (and then sweeten).

I've never tried it unsweetened so I can't comment on that. I always like my black teas sweetened. Some of the herbal ones I don't.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”