Fresh20 - Meal Planning Service

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
gnu
Jerome Drayton

Re: Fresh20 - Meal Planning Service

Postby gnu » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:33 am

I was going to ask if anyone was still using this service!

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I've fallen miserably off the wagon! When I was first pregnant, I was having major food aversions and couldn't stand to cook or eat most things. That's gotten somewhat better, but I've gotten out of the routine. Will try and get back on track this month!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:26 pm

Just bumping this thread back up - between being pregnant and then having a newborn, I fell off from doing this. Over the summer wasn't a big deal, because we grilled most nights, but with fall returning, I wanted to get back into meal planning. I save about 40 weeks worth of menus while I was subscribed last year, so I started up again tonight for the first time. Both DH and I really enjoyed it during the weeks we did it, so hoping to stick with it this time!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:39 pm

Are you just cycling through previous weeks?

I meal plan on my own, which is very cost effective for us. We spent $110 at the grocery store this week, with $50 of that being gifts and dog food. We spent $60 on our food and will be hosting 2 bbqs this week. I downloaded a food planning app where I just record our meal plan. I find it helpful when looking for ideas on what to make. It tells me the last time it was on the menu so I know I am not over doing a dish. :D
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:48 pm

Miss*Smiles wrote:Are you just cycling through previous weeks?

Yep - this week I'm doing the menu from the last week of September in 2013! I saved most of the PDFs on my computer, but I'm missing the summer ones. If we stick with it through the winter, I'll resubscribe next year.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon

Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stampie » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:16 pm

Miss*Smiles wrote:Are you just cycling through previous weeks?

I meal plan on my own, which is very cost effective for us. We spent $110 at the grocery store this week, with $50 of that being gifts and dog food. We spent $60 on our food and will be hosting 2 bbqs this week. I downloaded a food planning app where I just record our meal plan. I find it helpful when looking for ideas on what to make. It tells me the last time it was on the menu so I know I am not over doing a dish. :D

What is the app *Smiles?
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Bumping from a while ago ...

We just recently subscribed for the year. I had a few sample weeks that we tried out and found it was working pretty well for us as we were too tired of the same meals week after week. We've been following for about 6 weeks now.

Most meals have been really good, some good but not overly interesting, and only a few that we wouldn't make again.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”