Chicken Oka

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
Stampie
Abby Hoffman

Chicken Oka

Postby Stampie » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:02 am

* I've reposted this from the NET where Lisa (NewFinnLoper) originally posted this recipe.

...This takes me about 30 minutes to make

Chicken Oka
CHICKEN
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 oz Oka cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- 4 Sprigs thyme, chopped

SAUCE
- 1 tb Chopped parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 cupBaco Noir (red wine) if I'm making it for a regular supper I'll add cooking sherry or omit this altogether
- 1 c Chicken Stock

Preheat oven to 400F. Combine Oka and thyme. Make a slit in chicken breast and stuff a piece of Oka into each breast. Heat oil in ovenproof skillet on medium-high. Sear breast, skin side down until golden, about 2 minutes. Place skillet on bottom shelf of oven and roast for 12 minutes or until juices are clear. Remove breasts and keep warm. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet. Place pan on high heat; add shallot and garlic. Saute 1 minute then add wine and reduce by half, about 3 minutes. Add stock and reduce until half a cup remains, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from heat and swirl in butter and chives. Place chicken on plates (with other side dishes you are serving) and drizzle the sauce over...
PB’s (official race results)
5K – 26:20; 8K – 41:28; 10K – 52:13; 15K - 1:22:43; 21.1K – 1:54:16; 30K – 2:51:34; 42.2K – 4:24:14

What is up for 2018
Feb 11th - First Half Vancouver
TBA
Planning & in my sights
Jun 9th - Puddle Jumper Classic

Run the mile you're in. Not the one behind you, and not the one in front of you - the one you are running now :) - purdy65

Avis
Jerome Drayton

Re: Chicken Oka

Postby Avis » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 am

Sounds yummy!! I have a question: the recipe calls for "boneless, skinless chicken breasts," but later on, it says to sear the chicken skin-side down. Which is it? Probably would be tastier and prettier with the skin on.
"We are made of dreams and bones."
--The Garden Song

"By perseverance, the snail reached the ark."
--Charles H. Spurgeon

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
--Pablo Picasso

NewFinnLoper
Jerome Drayton

Re: Chicken Oka

Postby NewFinnLoper » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:26 pm

I have used both....but tend to stick to skinless...No reason other than most of the chicken we buy is boneless/skinless...

Not a huge difference I found..
22 halfs (PR 1:42:02) :)
5 full (PR 3:48:21)
...and a smattering of adventure and trail races thrown in for good measure!
--------------------------
All running is on hold until further notice .... :0(

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”