How are you dealing with the crazy cravings?

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
fingerboy
Bill Crothers

How are you dealing with the crazy cravings?

Postby fingerboy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:30 am

I know I go through cycles of good and bad eatings but now I think it's getting ridiculous. Lately, like yesterday I ended up eating 3 chocolate bars + half a bag of nachos, all while waiting for dinner. Even dinner wasn't that great with a like practically a loaf of bread, ceasar salad, and a big pizza with tons of meat.

I feel like I have endless hunger again in this high mileage phase but want to control at least what I eat. Eating the crap leaves me feeling out of sorts.

Lunches too are problems - on workdays I know a small lunch is best before a run but sometimes the big meal calls - and even then sometimes just waiting 6-7hrs before you run leaves me starving before running and then afterwards/before dinner its game over again.

Any suggestions?

Mark.AU
Bill Crothers

Re: How are you dealing with the crazy cravings?

Postby Mark.AU » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 am

Willpower?
A handful of nuts and a big glass of water.
A piece of fruit.
Another glass of water.
Mostly willpower.
“We are what we think. / All that we are arises with our thoughts. / With our thoughts we make the world.” Dhammapada,

runJrun
Bill Crothers

Re: How are you dealing with the crazy cravings?

Postby runJrun » Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:44 pm

Willpower is huge. Also don't have the bad stuff in the house. Grab fruit, veggies, nuts etc instead. Lots of water, sometimes a glass of milk will fill you.
Jocelyn

I run because it's my passion, and not just a sport. Every time I walk out the door, I know why I'm going where I'm going and I'm already focused on that special place where I find my peace and solitude. Running, to me, is more than just a physical exercise...it's a consistent reward for victory!
- Sasha Azevedo

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”