David's Tea 2014 Advent Calendar Discussion

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
Half-Mary
Jerome Drayton

Re: David's Tea 2014 Advent Calendar Discussion

Postby Half-Mary » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:05 pm

I haven't tried it yet. It took four different people to open my little container. After the third person couldn't open it, I gave up and made a mug of Santa's Secret.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Half-Mary wrote:I haven't tried it yet. It took four different people to open my little container. After the third person couldn't open it, I gave up and made a mug of Santa's Secret.

I had this happen with a tin from a gift set and i took it back to the store and they gave me 10-15g in a bag instead.
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:39 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:
Half-Mary wrote:I haven't tried it yet. It took four different people to open my little container. After the third person couldn't open it, I gave up and made a mug of Santa's Secret.

I had this happen with a tin from a gift set and i took it back to the store and they gave me 10-15g in a bag instead.

That's good to know! I had to take a vice grip to one of my tins from last year. I did manage to get open but it was a huge effort. :lol:

gnu
Jerome Drayton

Postby gnu » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Samantha wrote:
scrumhalfgirl wrote:

That's good to know! I had to take a vice grip to one of my tins from last year. I did manage to get open but it was a huge effort. :lol:

We took a vice grip to the Forever Nuts - worth busting into though :lol: I love that one.

We haven't tried yesterday's Vanilla Chai yet because I got home too late; we'll probably move on to the Oolong tonight and hopefully we'll be able to open it without tools! ;) I have probably had oolong before but it doesn't stand out in my mind...

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:56 pm

I saw David's Tea tweeted to someone who couldn't get their tin open to try opening it with a rubber glove.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:56 pm

Today's tea was 'meh' for me
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
Don't give up before the miracle.
**formerly campbellskid**

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:04 pm

I wasn't thrilled about this tea. Although I will drink the sample ;) sometimes the second cup is better.

DonnaRigs
Bill Crothers

Postby DonnaRigs » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:35 pm

It took some serious effort to get into that oolong, and then I wasn't excited about it. I'll put it aside. Darby and I play a guessing game everytime we take one out, we have to guess, based on the look and smell, which one it is from the list on the back. Neither of us guessed the Oolong correctly. :)
What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 am

DonnaRigs wrote:It took some serious effort to get into that oolong, and then I wasn't excited about it. I'll put it aside. Darby and I play a guessing game everytime we take one out, we have to guess, based on the look and smell, which one it is from the list on the back. Neither of us guessed the Oolong correctly. :)

that's a neat game!

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:42 am

I am a bit behind on my tea but got caught up this morning.

I liked the chai on day 2, yesterday's oolong was meh. Today is Pink Flamingo. I like this one! I have bought it before and it is very good as iced tea. I love the citrus smell.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:01 am

I'm catching up since I left the calendar at work and I've been dealing with baby pink eye at home. I've had vanilla chai before and it still tastes great. Will consume the oolong later this afternoon.
Carm

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:38 am

Do any of the regulars know of any easy ways to get the lids off the containers? I'm paranoid about spilling the whole thing each day when I open mine!
Carm

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:49 am

carm wrote:Do any of the regulars know of any easy ways to get the lids off the containers? I'm paranoid about spilling the whole thing each day when I open mine!

i used to open mine on a piece of paper in case of spills. that way it was easy enough to fold it and funnel back into the container (or the infuser) if needed.

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 pm

deerdree wrote:
carm wrote:Do any of the regulars know of any easy ways to get the lids off the containers? I'm paranoid about spilling the whole thing each day when I open mine!

i used to open mine on a piece of paper in case of spills. that way it was easy enough to fold it and funnel back into the container (or the infuser) if needed.

Thanks deerdee. I had a "blonde" moment (no offence to anyone) and just realized that they're twist caps. Duh. I've been trying to pry them off. #needmoresleep
Carm

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Postby n_fraser » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I found today's hard to open and really hard to scoop out. Anyhoo, I liked it as an afternoon post-lunch tea.

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:36 pm

carm wrote:
deerdree wrote:

Thanks deerdee. I had a "blonde" moment (no offence to anyone) and just realized that they're twist caps. Duh. I've been trying to pry them off. #needmoresleep

:lol: no wonder you had trouble!!

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 pm

I should really read the thread more carefully re: difficult to open tins.

Meh to the oolong. I don't think that I even want to finish it but I'm pretty picky with my Chinese teas.
Carm

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm

carm wrote:
deerdree wrote:

i find them tricky even when twisting! (of course, see other thread where i haven't been able to get into a big tin of santa's secret for two years...maybe i'm just really weak.)

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

I have a couple of tins where the lids are really hard to get off. I do manage tho. I should take them in and get them replaced.

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:07 pm

I'm going to try Pink flamingo this evening.

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:50 pm

I like this one. I usually have it in the summer and often used to to make iced tea.
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Don't give up before the miracle.

**formerly campbellskid**

carm
Bill Crothers

Postby carm » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:24 pm

deerdree wrote:
carm wrote:
deerdree wrote:

i find them tricky even when twisting! (of course, see other thread where i haven't been able to get into a big tin of santa's secret for two years...maybe i'm just really weak.)

I'd be ready to get a hammer out! Can't wait to see what tomorrow's will be. I'm kind of dumbstruck that I've waited this long to buy an advent calendar. It's fun!
Carm

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:00 am

I really enjoyed today's detox tea! From the title this isn't something I would have tried so a nice discovery for me this year.

Re tins: I agree they are much harder to open this year!
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:32 pm

Grrrrrr! I cannot get today's tea to open. I may try breaking the plastic tonight at home. Off to make a regular mug of Irish Breakfast.

n_fraser
Tom Longboat

Postby n_fraser » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:34 pm

I love this one! I have a big jar of it on my desk at work. I find it nice on my tummy.

Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”