Bread Machines>> Kitchen Gadgets

Because you can't outrun a bad diet!
User avatar
Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 31317
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Habs4ever » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:57 am

Samantha wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:I have a Champion juicer. Today, I dumped $4 of peanuts in it and got out $8 of peanut butter.
Tastes good. Peanuts and salt.

Eating homemade toast with homemade PB and (not homemade) honey.


technically honey is homemade. I'm not sure there's a why to mass produce it but I could be wrong.

I guess, but I don't have my own beehive in the backyard, so this is from a farmer who does.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

Samantha
Donovan Bailey
Posts: 52011
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:00 am

Habs4ever wrote:
Samantha wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:I have a Champion juicer. Today, I dumped $4 of peanuts in it and got out $8 of peanut butter.
Tastes good. Peanuts and salt.

Eating homemade toast with homemade PB and (not homemade) honey.


technically honey is homemade. I'm not sure there's a why to mass produce it but I could be wrong.

I guess, but I don't have my own beehive in the backyard, so this is from a farmer who does.


then definitely homemade - just not your home! ;)

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:24 pm

Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:I have a Champion juicer. Today, I dumped $4 of peanuts in it and got out $8 of peanut butter.
Tastes good. Peanuts and salt.

Eating homemade toast with homemade PB and (not homemade) honey.

how did you make your pb?
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 31317
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:39 pm
Location: Alberta

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Habs4ever » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Spirit wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:I have a Champion juicer. Today, I dumped $4 of peanuts in it and got out $8 of peanut butter.
Tastes good. Peanuts and salt.

Eating homemade toast with homemade PB and (not homemade) honey.

how did you make your pb?

I had about a cup of peanuts and put them in the magic bullet.* Next time I will use my food processor, it's just that it's so big and I figured that a cup would get lost in there and not grind right.

*I did need to add a teeny tiny bit of oil, barely a teaspoon.
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:10 am

Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:
Habs4ever wrote:
Spirit wrote:I have a Champion juicer. Today, I dumped $4 of peanuts in it and got out $8 of peanut butter.
Tastes good. Peanuts and salt.

Eating homemade toast with homemade PB and (not homemade) honey.

how did you make your pb?

I had about a cup of peanuts and put them in the magic bullet.* Next time I will use my food processor, it's just that it's so big and I figured that a cup would get lost in there and not grind right.

*I did need to add a teeny tiny bit of oil, barely a teaspoon.

My Vitamix is supposedly good for making nut butters, but I can't recall if there's a special container for that, or if I can use the regular one (I have two - a tall one and a shorter one - and I use the shorter one daily for my smoothies). They do have a "dry" container (for making flour), which has different blades inside (they don't aerate the contents the way the regular blades do), and I wonder if that's the one for making nut butters.

ETA: just looked it up - it's the regular/large container that's used for nut butters.
Last edited by La on Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:18 am

I had to google Magic Bullet. "Any job in 10 seconds" :shock: But it should clean up faster than a Champion Juicer.

I have a Vitamix, but not the nut butter parts.

Anyway, only a cup of peanuts? I only want to make nut butter every once in awhile. So I put in enough peanuts to get about 4 cups of peanut butter.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:27 am

Spirit wrote:I had to google Magic Bullet. "Any job in 10 seconds" :shock: But it should clean up faster than a Champion Juicer.

I have a Vitamix, but not the nut butter parts.

Anyway, only a cup of peanuts? I only want to make nut butter every once in awhile. So I put in enough peanuts to get about 4 cups of peanut butter.

Spirit, I just looked it up, you use the regular large container and the tamper.
https://www.vitamix.ca/Be-Inspired/Vege ... ers?SRCH=1
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 31340
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: burlington, ON

Re: Bread Machines

Postby deerdree » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:04 am

yet, the "wet" container (that's sold with all models) makes nut butters in the vitamix. the dry containers would make nut flour (e.g, wet = almond butter, dry = almond flour). i've noticed that most food bloggers who have a vitamix and a food processor still use the food processor for nut butter, though.

i just watched a video on how to make coconut cream and oil in the juicer, so now i'm intrigued!! that might be my next project.

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:48 am

I think it would be annoying to use the tamper to get smooth nut butter in the Vitamix.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:57 am

Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:44 am

La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:57 am

Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Bread Machines

Postby eme » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:25 am

La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:40 am

eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

Image
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:57 am

La wrote:
eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

Image

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 31340
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: burlington, ON

Re: Bread Machines

Postby deerdree » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:05 pm

eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

i'm more into kitchen gadgets than cupcakes. not a huge fan of cupcakes (or cake), except the ones la made with the glaze. :drool:

speaking of kitchen gadgets (sort of), i've been shopping lately for a dutch oven, even though i don't know what i'd do with one. :shifty:

Samantha
Donovan Bailey
Posts: 52011
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2005 4:08 pm
Location: Edmonton, AB

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Samantha » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:30 pm

deerdree wrote:
eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

i'm more into kitchen gadgets than cupcakes. not a huge fan of cupcakes (or cake), except the ones la made with the glaze. :drool:

speaking of kitchen gadgets (sort of), i've been shopping lately for a dutch oven, even though i don't know what i'd do with one. :shifty:


make stew? :P

User avatar
eme
Lynn Williams
Posts: 16644
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 pm
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Contact:

Re: Bread Machines>> Kitchen Gadgets

Postby eme » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm

Mmmm, cupcakes.

I was spoiled as a child, since my mom baked cakes as a hobby (she would even do wedding cakes). Extra cake batter was made in to cupcakes :D

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 31340
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:48 pm
Location: burlington, ON

Re: Bread Machines

Postby deerdree » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:37 pm

Samantha wrote:
deerdree wrote:
eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

i'm more into kitchen gadgets than cupcakes. not a huge fan of cupcakes (or cake), except the ones la made with the glaze. :drool:

speaking of kitchen gadgets (sort of), i've been shopping lately for a dutch oven, even though i don't know what i'd do with one. :shifty:


make stew? :P

yup, that's pretty much it. :lol:

i also still need that cast iron pan.

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:35 pm

deerdree wrote:
Samantha wrote:
deerdree wrote:
eme wrote:
La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake

dee will never leave this thread. :lol:


For the kitchen gadgets or cup cake talk?

Now I want a cupcake...

i'm more into kitchen gadgets than cupcakes. not a huge fan of cupcakes (or cake), except the ones la made with the glaze. :drool:

speaking of kitchen gadgets (sort of), i've been shopping lately for a dutch oven, even though i don't know what i'd do with one. :shifty:


make stew? :P

yup, that's pretty much it. :lol:

i also still need that cast iron pan.

You can braise all kinds of meats in a Dutch oven. If you're going to buy one, get an enamel-covered cast iron pot like Le Creuset. I saw one that was Cuisinart brand at Winners for $70 (about half price of what you'd normally pay).
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

IronColl
Lynn Williams
Posts: 19393
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Re: Bread Machines

Postby IronColl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:41 am

Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake


I thought I was cupcake. Or am I cheese bread?

This thread took longer to devolve than usual.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:21 am

IronColl wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake


I thought I was cupcake. Or am I cheese bread?

This thread took longer to devolve than usual.

You, darling, are cinnamon bun! :)
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

User avatar
Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams
Posts: 21763
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 am
Location: The Texas Tropics

Re: Bread Machines

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:36 am

La wrote:
IronColl wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake


I thought I was cupcake. Or am I cheese bread?

This thread took longer to devolve than usual.

You, darling, are cinnamon bun! :)

Like: cinnamon bun

(I know IC has been called cup cake but I know for sure La makes cup cakes)
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

User avatar
La
Kevin Sullivan
Posts: 47990
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:11 pm
Location: Lesleyville!

Re: Bread Machines

Postby La » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:05 am

Spirit wrote:
La wrote:
IronColl wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake


I thought I was cupcake. Or am I cheese bread?

This thread took longer to devolve than usual.

You, darling, are cinnamon bun! :)

Like: cinnamon bun

(I know IC has been called cup cake but I know for sure La makes cup cakes)

I called her cheese bread for a while, but cinnamon bun sounds better (and more like her).
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

IronColl
Lynn Williams
Posts: 19393
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:51 pm
Location: Right here
Contact:

Re: Bread Machines

Postby IronColl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:47 am

La wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:
IronColl wrote:
Spirit wrote:
La wrote:Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to "Kitchen Machines/Gadgets" since it seems to have evolved from just bread... :lol: ;)

what ever you want cup cake


I thought I was cupcake. Or am I cheese bread?

This thread took longer to devolve than usual.

You, darling, are cinnamon bun! :)

Like: cinnamon bun

(I know IC has been called cup cake but I know for sure La makes cup cakes)

I called her cheese bread for a while, but cinnamon bun sounds better (and more like her).


Considering that's what I made for Habs while she was here (hovering over me, by the way). Makes sense.
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon


Return to “Nutrition and Weight Management”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests