Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
Lightning
Bill Crothers

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby Lightning » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:28 pm

Good work, Anners.

More motivation...DO NOT let this happen to you. I had the make the sad decision today while wearing too-tight running capris: Pull up the pants high to cover the loose, floppy gut but risk ECT (extreme camel toe) OR keep them low to avoid ECT then risk the world seeing my floppy muffin top. A sad day.

I chose up the up-high, ECT option. That is a decision I don't want you to have to face.

GET OUT THERE!!!
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

oobinsnaffa
Tom Longboat

Postby oobinsnaffa » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:30 pm

Oh man, what a dilemma! I'd probably choose the same... my jiggly belly is probably my most-hated feature at the moment.
PBs: 5K: 32:52 - 8K: 55:08 - 10K: 1:05:57

2013 Races
Mar 24: Vancouver Spring Run-Off (8K): Finished, 55:08 (PB)
Aug 17: Spartan Sprint Calgary (3 miles): Finished
Sep 7: Spartan Super Red Deer (8 miles): Finished
Sep 28: Spartan Beast Sun Peaks (13 miles)
Nov 2: Banff Winterstart (5 miles)
Dec 31: Resolution Run Calgary (5K)

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Lightning wrote:Good work, Anners.

More motivation...DO NOT let this happen to you. I had the make the sad decision today while wearing too-tight running capris: Pull up the pants high to cover the loose, floppy gut but risk ECT (extreme camel toe) OR keep them low to avoid ECT then risk the world seeing my floppy muffin top. A sad day.

I chose up the up-high, ECT option. That is a decision I don't want you to have to face.

GET OUT THERE!!!

:lol: :lol: I love the momma thread for this exact reason..... ECT :lol: :lol:
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Easy tiger!!!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 pm

OMG.

My RM Betty seems to have shrunk a bit......it doesn't seem to be long enough...so, I had to pull up my shorts a lot...and risk ECT!

ha.
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I let the belly flop. I do not want ECT!! I am very long torso-ed, so I wear long long shirts and try to buy pants with a high rise.

I have rere-started running. I ran 5K today for the first time since before I got pregnant with John. I messaged my husband and told him to high-five me. He sent me a high five and a fist bump emoticon :)

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:14 am

way to go Sara!!!!

5k is a huge accomplishment! And, I read that right, before JOHN, not Damon, right?!

you rock!
i run for me.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 am

Way to go Sara!

I just told Joe about the VB during a long car ride on the weekend...he looked at me like I was slightly crazy. I think maybe I won't mention ECT! :lol:
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 am

jes wrote:Way to go Sara!

I just told Joe about the VB during a long car ride on the weekend...he looked at me like I was slightly crazy. I think maybe I won't mention ECT! :lol:

Is it bad that during my run, I was thinking about posting some sort of FB status using the acronyms:

ECT, HRM.....and then I couldn't figure out the acronym for the saggy belly......I guess it would be MT?
i run for me.

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Right, I ran a 10K between John and Damon. I forgot about that. It really stunk so I blocked it out... :oops:

Either way, yay!!!

FMT? Floppy Mommy Tummy?

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:10 pm

Hahahahahaha Jes and IG! FP, way to freaking go friend!!!!

I kind of miss those earlier days when Isaiah would just go to bed. Now there are many excuses why he needs to get back up (these excuses are on rotation: potty, tummy hurt, eye hurt, bum hurt, dark bites, nose stuffy, man on roof, etc.). I literally just went up to see him no less than six times, and now I think he is finally out.....it is very hard to ignore someone saying, "see mommy, please!"

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:52 pm

So very funny. Lightning, you never fail to make me laugh. I usually wear a jacket or baggy top with hopes of hiding the floppy belly. I'm screwed now that the warm weather is here.

Jes - I tried to explain VB to hubby one time. He just kept saying "so, you mean your bum?". He didn't get it.

Sleep - I hear you Lightning. Bedtime can take hours some nights. I swear Timmy has peed 3 times already. And had more water. And put his trains to bed. And had one more story. It's endless!!

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm

in no way do I have the answers, BUT, I'm currently re-reading "Honey, I Wrecked the Kids" due to the awesome advice that we've picked up from it.....

.....it worked really well with the big kids, and, Delilah's now at an age where the tactics found in the book are working well with her also!

I highly recommend the book.

The author is actually on tour right now as well!

http://alysonschafer.com/upcoming-engagements/

We're hoping to go see her.
i run for me.

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Way to go, Sara!!!

I'm back at work now - I've successfully ran three mornings this week as planned. Yay me! Work is CRAZY, but I'm hoping it gets easier as I get used to the new job. The actual balance of home and work is ok so far - but I'm only 4 days in.

I'm supposed to run the Smith Falls half this weekend, but I think I might pull the plug. I'm just not feeling it after this exhausting week - not sure what I was thinking signing up for that one! :?
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

Irongirl wrote:in no way do I have the answers, BUT, I'm currently re-reading "Honey, I Wrecked the Kids" due to the awesome advice that we've picked up from it.....

.....it worked really well with the big kids, and, Delilah's now at an age where the tactics found in the book are working well with her also!

I highly recommend the book.

The author is actually on tour right now as well!

http://alysonschafer.com/upcoming-engagements/

We're hoping to go see her.

Sounds interesting! I love reading parenting-type books...I need all of the help I can get. Thanks, IG!

-Ron Burgandy

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Way to go, Sara!!!

I'm back at work now - I've successfully ran three mornings this week as planned. Yay me! Work is CRAZY, but I'm hoping it gets easier as I get used to the new job. The actual balance of home and work is ok so far - but I'm only 4 days in.

I'm supposed to run the Smith Falls half this weekend, but I think I might pull the plug. I'm just not feeling it after this exhausting week - not sure what I was thinking signing up for that one! :?

Really? That is sad :(

Does it tempt you to come if I tell you I was planning to bring your CD of pictures?

You've already paid...you could always do it as a long run. Just let me know before Sun morning so I'm not freaking out if you're not there to get your bib from me before race start!

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:34 pm

Also...take it easy on yourself! It took me a good month to feel settled and in a groove. It's hard to go back to a 'real' job after being 'off' for a year (IG, I added the quotes just for you!)

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:36 pm

jes wrote:Also...take it easy on yourself! It took me a good month to feel settled and in a groove. It's hard to go back to a 'real' job after being 'off' for a year (IG, I added the quotes just for you!)

thanks! ;)

I had signed up for a race that was 2 weekends after going back after Delilah.

I ended up cancelling it as well, I think. I remember just needing the weekend for some downtime and Delilah time.

The thought of leaving her again to go race just didn't seem right - at that time.

Getting up early also seemed like a silly idea.
i run for me.

Tori
Jerome Drayton

Postby Tori » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:22 pm

scrumhalfgirl wrote:Way to go, Sara!!!

That is great Jesse! I remember going backand having trouble the first month remembering how to speak English and I only speak English! My mommy brain wasn't firing right those first few weeks. :lol:

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:42 am

I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google camel toe (don't do it, for the love of god, don't do it..)

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 am

OMG, the HRM's are giving me a much needed chuckle this morning!

Glad I am not alone in the bedtime woes. Probably it's that I have a girl, but not only does she need to pee, drink water, different water etc. but also her babies have to pee, poop, be changed. So I get stuck diapering/changing outfits of multiple dolls/stuffed animals. I have given up some nights and hammered out hills/speed work on the TM to the sounds of the Wiggles way past toddler bedtime.

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:52 am

Great attitude for your first week back, Jesse, and yay for the early morning runs!
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:55 am

anners wrote:I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google camel toe (don't do it, for the love of god, don't do it..)

thanks for the laugh. :)

If you haven't read the NET, you'll see that some people didn't know what Schwing!! meant either......
i run for me.

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:13 am

Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google camel toe (don't do it, for the love of god, don't do it..)

If you haven't read the NET, you'll see that some people didn't know what Schwing!! meant either......

K...i am in that camp but I won't be googling from work. :oops:

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:15 am

AndyM wrote:
Irongirl wrote:

K...i am in that camp but I won't be googling from work. :oops:

Seriously? How are you married to Rob and do not know that one?????????

Return to “The Scenic Route”