Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

For beginners, penguins, re-beginners, social types and the more low key runners for whom Boston is a tea party, not a race in the near future
Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Re: Hot running (newish) Momma's thread...

Postby Irongirl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:30 am

jes wrote:
AndyM wrote:
Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google camel toe (don't do it, for the love of god, don't do it..)

thanks for the laugh. :)

If you haven't read the NET, you'll see that some people didn't know what Schwing!! meant either......

K...i am in that camp but I won't be googling from work. :oops:

Seriously? How are you married to Rob and do not know that one?????????

tee hee
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

Miss*Smiles
Lynn Williams

Postby Miss*Smiles » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:34 am

Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:I'm embarrassed to admit I had to google camel toe (don't do it, for the love of god, don't do it..)

thanks for the laugh. :)

If you haven't read the NET, you'll see that some people didn't know what Schwing!! meant either......

Well as soon as SOMEONE told me it was from Wayne's World I could better reference it :lol:
When your legs get tired, run with your heart.

Overcome the notion that you must be regular. It robs you of your chance to be extraordinary.

IronColl
Lynn Williams

Postby IronColl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:12 am

In case you were wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotq4zr0dRc
If all that you read is everything you believe then let go, then let go, then let go.

Nothing will change if you never choose.

2018 goals: May half marathon, September half marathon

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:15 am

IronColl wrote:In case you were wondering...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yotq4zr0dRc

so cute.

I'm stealing that for my FB
i run for me.

oobinsnaffa
Tom Longboat

Postby oobinsnaffa » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:47 pm

This reminds me of a project I had to do when I was working in accounting and doing some overflow admin work... I worked for the head office of a restaurant chain, and our Director of Ops had this great idea to introduce "Muffin Tops" to the breakfast menu. He wanted me to put together the promo card & poster, so I told him to get the images to me and I'd start working on it. He googled "muffin top" and was horrified with the results that came back. :lol:
PBs: 5K: 32:52 - 8K: 55:08 - 10K: 1:05:57

2013 Races
Mar 24: Vancouver Spring Run-Off (8K): Finished, 55:08 (PB)
Aug 17: Spartan Sprint Calgary (3 miles): Finished
Sep 7: Spartan Super Red Deer (8 miles): Finished
Sep 28: Spartan Beast Sun Peaks (13 miles)
Nov 2: Banff Winterstart (5 miles)
Dec 31: Resolution Run Calgary (5K)

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:09 pm

oobinsnaffa wrote:

This reminds me of a project I had to do when I was working in accounting and doing some overflow admin work... I worked for the head office of a restaurant chain, and our Director of Ops had this great idea to introduce "Muffin Tops" to the breakfast menu. He wanted me to put together the promo card & poster, so I told him to get the images to me and I'd start working on it. He googled "muffin top" and was horrified with the results that came back. :lol:

I love this song about muffin tops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFDn2iyWOU

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:15 am

Run didn't happen on the weekend. Our basement is mostly finished now, so DH set up my treadmill (YAY), but I'm sick :( I'm thinking that it's not a good idea to try my first pp run with a hacking cough.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:55 am

FishPants wrote:
oobinsnaffa wrote:

I love this song about muffin tops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llFDn2iyWOU

When I worked as internal auditor for the Canadian Egg Marketing Agency one of the questions I had to ask the Provincial Boards was: "what's your rate of lay" (meaning provincial average for number of eggs a chicken laid).
I dealt 99.9% of the time with middle aged men and I was in my early 30's. I quickly learned to follow this question with the statement..."No...I'm not interested in your personal rate of lay" :roll: :lol: :lol:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:25 am

anners wrote:Run didn't happen on the weekend. Our basement is mostly finished now, so DH set up my treadmill (YAY), but I'm sick :( I'm thinking that it's not a good idea to try my first pp run with a hacking cough.

Hope your cough doesn't turn into the 90 days cough like a lot of people I know (me included!)
Looking forward to seeing pics of the finished renno! :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Lightning
Bill Crothers

Postby Lightning » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:28 pm

CAN I GET A WOOP WOOP....Jes and AndyM really represented the HRM this weekend! Nice work mommas!

Sorry about your cough, Anners. Yuck.
Lightning :)

We're going to try this new thing called jogging. Or maybe it's yogging-with a silent "j". Apparently you just run for an extended period of time. It's supposed to be wild.

-Ron Burgandy

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:55 am

Lightning wrote:CAN I GET A WOOP WOOP....Jes and AndyM really represented the HRM this weekend! Nice work mommas!

Thanks Lightning!

That AndyM...every time I get even a bit closer to her times, she just goes and gets faster again! :? :lol:
If it ain’t broke, run through it -- Strider

AndyM
Bill Crothers

Postby AndyM » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:08 am

jes wrote:
Lightning wrote:CAN I GET A WOOP WOOP....Jes and AndyM really represented the HRM this weekend! Nice work mommas!

Thanks Lightning!

That AndyM...every time I get even a bit closer to her times, she just goes and gets faster again! :? :lol:

Yes, thanks Lightning! Jes, yep, that's how I roll! But I have a feeling you will still get faster.

2014 Races:
Around the Bay 30K - DNS :(
ORW Marathon - 3:38:11 - PB & first BQ!!!!

Personal Bests:
Marathon - May 2014 - 3:38:11-----30K - Mar 2013 - 2:37:42----1/2 Marathon - Oct 2013- 1:38:53----10K - Oct 2012 - 45:31-----5K - Feb 2009 - 22:21

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Congrats ladies! :D

I tried a run today. It went pretty well! I did 3x5 and 1s on the TM while N napped on the couch. I guess the treadmill noise kept her pacified, because she doesn't usually let me put her down to nap :P I feel great, but am going to make myself wait a few days before trying another run.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:06 pm

way to go Ann! out of the gate with 5 and 1's!

How is V doing with N?
i run for me.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 am

Well done A and V!!!

Are any of our Hot Running Momma's in Mississauga? I'll be in town next weekend and I'd like to do a 10k (or so) on Saturday morning. We're staying near Square One....any takers?

scrumhalfgirl
Lynn Williams

Postby scrumhalfgirl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:33 pm

anners wrote:

Congrats ladies! :D

I tried a run today. It went pretty well! I did 3x5 and 1s on the TM while N napped on the couch. I guess the treadmill noise kept her pacified, because she doesn't usually let me put her down to nap :P I feel great, but am going to make myself wait a few days before trying another run.

you'll just have to run more so she naps more!

great job!
Jesse's 2017 Plans
April - Boston Marathon
May - Sporting Life Ottawa 10K
May - Ottawa Half Marathon

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:51 pm

jes wrote:Well done A and V!!!

Are any of our Hot Running Momma's in Mississauga? I'll be in town next weekend and I'd like to do a 10k (or so) on Saturday morning. We're staying near Square One....any takers?

I'm running Mississauga, but I'm doing the 10k on saturday night so I'm not up for a run that morning. But if you want to have a playdate, let me know. We're about 15 minutes from Square One.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:56 pm

Kristi wrote:

I'm running Mississauga, but I'm doing the 10k on saturday night so I'm not up for a run that morning. But if you want to have a playdate, let me know. We're about 15 minutes from Square One.

Just you and me? I'm not bringing a baby with me! (YAY!)

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:25 pm

jes wrote:
Kristi wrote:

Well that's a bit more awkward, isn't it? :D So are you saying that on a weekend away from baby, you don't want to enjoy time with my two very "active" boys? Will you be at the expo? If so, I'll look for you there on Friday.

jes
Jerome Drayton

Postby jes » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Kristi wrote:
jes wrote:
Kristi wrote:

Well that's a bit more awkward, isn't it? :D So are you saying that on a weekend away from baby, you don't want to enjoy time with my two very "active" boys? Will you be at the expo? If so, I'll look for you there on Friday.

No, we're not doing the expo thing this year. We're driving down Friday night after Joe is done work, shooting the 5 and 10 Sat, half and full Sun and driving home on Mon. So I have Saturday free until about 4 or so. I need to get my run in, and then maybe some shopping at Square One!

anners
Jerome Drayton

Postby anners » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 pm

Irongirl wrote:way to go Ann! out of the gate with 5 and 1's!

How is V doing with N?

She loves her baby sister, but doesn't know how to be gentle :P N is going to be a tough girl...

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:04 pm

anners wrote:

How is V doing with N?

She loves her baby sister, but doesn't know how to be gentle :P N is going to be a tough girl...

:lol:

I totally understand what you mean.
i run for me.

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:02 pm

Irongirl wrote:
anners wrote:

How is V doing with N?

:lol:

I totally understand what you mean.

I know I don't really belong here..... But Im going to comment anyway. I was listening to CBC on a late drive home for the city last night and it was thr show "Ideas"

The show was on gender and stereotypes and it featured a couple in Toronto who decided to not disclose the gender of their third child, called "storm". It was a fascinating show. I found when it started I instantly judged the couple and they were very articulate about their choices, I really learned so much and opened my eyes! Anyhow, I. The show they talked about how we "baby" our girls an underestimate what they are capable of physically handling. So don't underestimate N or D, they can handle themselves :lol:! If you have time, listen to the podcast. It was excellent.
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:12 pm

N is going to be very tough. Alex can take Timmy in a wrestling match and hold his own! He also seldom cries when he falls, bumps into things, etc.

S5 - you are always welcome here. I love hearing about gender stereotypes for kids. As I have two boys, I've done a bit of reading/listening on how to raise boys - i.e. not telling them to stop crying, making an effort to talk about why they are sad, etc. When I hear stuff like that it's a good reminder to let kids be who they are going to be rather then fitting them into the gender stereotypes.

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:23 pm

Kristi wrote:N is going to be very tough. Alex can take Timmy in a wrestling match and hold his own! He also seldom cries when he falls, bumps into things, etc.

S5 - you are always welcome here. I love hearing about gender stereotypes for kids. As I have two boys, I've done a bit of reading/listening on how to raise boys - i.e. not telling them to stop crying, making an effort to talk about why they are sad, etc. When I hear stuff like that it's a good reminder to let kids be who they are going to be rather then fitting them into the gender stereotypes.

It was a fascinating thing. It is thought a lot of gender stereotyping is set in the child by aged 3. It's a pretty uphill battle because society isn't exactly open. This family I believes has one child who is 6 and they perhaps home school him.
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

Return to “The Scenic Route”